Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#1531 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Traded in
PS3 AC3 -Disc Only- for $35
Vita AC: Liberation -Card only- for $20

pretty good :D

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#1532 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Their trade in value is more than what I paid for. I could return it to MS store and get $15 for Forza or get $35 credit from Gamestop.

That has nothing to do with why you would try to trade in a game that is sealed.

#1533 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Oh man once they start selling Kindle cards.... I ain't ever gonna be buying anything at Gamestop ever again.

I'm curious. Is the kindle cards the same as amazon gift cards?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1534 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

I'm curious. Is the kindle cards the same as amazon gift cards?

Yup.

#1535 techtonic

techtonic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

That has nothing to do with why you would try to trade in a game that is sealed.

If the game is opened and the Gamestop doesn't take it for whatever reason (says subject to manager approval), it can't be returned back to MS store.

#1536 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Yup.

Awesome! I can't wait to use my trade in credits for them.
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
My game plays:
Posted Image

#1537 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

If the game is opened and the Gamestop doesn't take it for whatever reason (says subject to manager approval), it can't be returned back to MS store.

Ummm....are you new to trading games in? You're more likely to get denied if the game is sealed. If you're that worried about not being able to trade in 2 games that are pretty new and on the list posted, you should probably just not do it.

#1538 itsoverninethousand

itsoverninethousand

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Awesome! I can't wait to use my trade in credits for them.

Good luck. Everybody will be vying for it. Knowing gamestop, you will probably have to pre-order it.

#1539 tigerin

tigerin

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

has the deals stopped? i called and asked about forza 4 and the guy told me it's only $18 now.

#1540 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

has the deals stopped? i called and asked about forza 4 and the guy told me it's only $18 now.

You need to use your powerup rewards card to get the promotion.
My game plays:
Posted Image

#1541 techtonic

techtonic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Ummm....are you new to trading games in? You're more likely to get denied if the game is sealed. If you're that worried about not being able to trade in 2 games that are pretty new and on the list posted, you should probably just not do it.

That's why I asked the questions. I always get better resale value in CL or ebay but GS is offering prices > what I paid so I'm trying it. Gamestop could deny if they have too much inventory for instance even if the game was virtually brand new. I don't know. I don't use Gamestop. Why the attitude?

#1542 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

IIRC MS store doesn't do returns on video games. I bought DMC collection on Black Friday and it said there were no returns allowed.

#1543 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

That's why I asked the questions. I always get better resale value in CL or ebay but GS is offering prices > what I paid so I'm trying it. Gamestop could deny if they have too much inventory for instance even if the game was virtually brand new. I don't know. I don't use Gamestop. Why the attitude?

Because a lot of questions are considered redundant when any member can peruse the forums for 3 minutes and find an answer to the most common questions we get. We call em FAQ's on here. Check the OP. To save you 30 seconds here is the link: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332332

This thread is 78 pages long if we quit with the lazy questions this thread would easily be less than 40 pages.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#1544 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

They take nothing sealed, saw some random black guys tried to trade in some sealed wii accessories a few wks back, funny thing is they weren't even 18! Most likely stolen

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#1545 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Traded in

Why are your local gamestop staff very kind? For my game stops, if it is disc only, the value must decrease at least 5 bucks.

#1546 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Power to the Players? :roll:

Exactly!! POWER TO THE PLAYERS! :bs:

....:lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#1547 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Why are your local gamestop staff very kind? For my game stops, if it is disc only, the value must decrease at least 5 bucks.

I got lucky on my games with no case or manual. I'm assuming because I go there often and their employees recognize me.
My game plays:
Posted Image

#1548 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

Traded in Super Smash Bros Brawl disc only, Just Dance 3, Portal 2, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, AC1 for ps3, I got all the credit listed in the OP. I may have to hit up Target tomorrow to see if they have anymore copies of Portal 2 on clearance.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1549 techtonic

techtonic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Because a lot of questions are considered redundant when any member can peruse the forums for 3 minutes and find an answer to the most common questions we get. We call em FAQ's on here. Check the OP. To save you 30 seconds here is the link: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332332

This thread is 78 pages long if we quit with the lazy questions this thread would easily be less than 40 pages.

Thanks for the link. It's not a sticky and I never opened that thread--again, don't use Gamestop, but saw this deal so giving it a try. If someone just pointed to it (as you did), it would also save a lot of posts, no? Or just ignore the question if people think it's too newbie instead of arguing about the validity of the question and go round and round. Every thread will have newbie question. Can we just end it there?

#1550 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

I just got a free month of gamefly so I'm planning on trading in Dead Island and GOW Saga tomorrow, hopefully the promo will still be active.

#1551 tigerin

tigerin

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

You need to use your powerup rewards card to get the promotion.

okay, thanks!

#1552 tcextreme

tcextreme

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Values are still intact for most games (didn't trade or ask for all of them, so I can't confirm all games) as of tonight. I expect a sharp drop after Sunday though.

#1553 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

this is good through sunday right?

#1554 test244

test244

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

boo, I just got hit with a refurb fee at gamestop for one of the games on the list.

Oh well, got 17 instead of 20. Cry me a river.

#1555 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

I thought I was hooked on Dead Island goty however I just opened and started playing RDRGOTY. RDR is in my list of top 5 games ever now.

I still have BL2 sealed, but will probably trade it, dead island goty, and something else for ME trilogy on ps3 or far cry 3. I only paid about. $40 for those 3, so it's a win win.

#1556 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

Just traded Little Big Planet Kart and Sly Collection for $55 total.

#1557 jut22

jut22

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Awesome promo!

I traded in (all PS3):

Hitman Absolution $31.50

Batman Arkham City GOTY $26.10

Killzone Trilogy $26.00

God Of War Saga $20.90

*fyi* thats more than I paid when i bought them new for all but Hitman. I've traded in sealed and duplicate copies of games before with no problem whatsoever.

#1558 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

I got the typical D-Bag gamestop employee. He was training a new guy, seemed like second day but first trade.

He was visibly agitated when I asked something before he presented the option to me. Didnt even try to ask about their used ps3s or any ideas on upcoming promos or anything.

Do your job, and quit whining.

^
Example why most gamestop employees are d-bags
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#1559 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

I got blood money and Alice Madness on hand, I paid about $15 for these back then, time to dump them in!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#1560 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Traded in

Did you beat Liberation, or just get tired of it? I'm tempted to dump mine while I can, because I feel like I'll end up losing interest like I have with all of the other AC games. However, I could be wrong and end up enjoying it.