Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#1621 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Wow, that's pretty shitty of them. One of them earlier tried to sell me a gutted copy of Xenoblade Chronicles and say this is new. I told them it's not sealed and walked off.

I called my GameStop trying to find a copy of Walking Dead on the 360 because I knew I was trading games in today and wanted to buy something. They told me they had one copy and held it for me. I got there, traded in my games and used my credit on walking dead and a couple points cards.

I didn't realize until I got home that my copy of walking dead wasn't sealed and was the off the shelf copy. They had it all bagged up and ready for me before I paid because they knew I was coming.

I'm not really really pissed cuz I knew I was gonna play it, but that's really not new.... And I don't know if there is anything extra missing from inside the box.

Idk if I wanna call them and bitch or what? They shouldn't be able to charge full price for that...
:360: Disney Infinity, Walking Dead Season 2 :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15, Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown, more Destiny! Lol

#1622 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

Sometimes they don't even have the display case for the new games. Don't let this happen to you:

Posted Image

I would've made a big deal over it if I wasn't taking it directly to Best Buy.

Yeah thats also somethin that happens, i wouldve just refused it .

#1623 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Sometimes they don't even have the display case for the new games. Don't let this happen to you:

Posted Image

I would've made a big deal over it if I wasn't taking it directly to Best Buy.

Well yeah I'd refuse that, but its never happened to me

#1624 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Posted Image

This is my new steel diver I got with my 3dsxl so don't feel bad.

#1625 medman6107

medman6107

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

I purchased halo 4 used from gamestop, never opened the case, took it back for trade in and got a refurbished fee tacked on to it

WTF?

#1626 htz

htz

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

They should give discounts just for placing those dumb giant price stickers.

#1627 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

i miss the gs cover art with the generic pseudo-anime kids on it lol
if ur artsy u can just make custom case/cover art. the best is cover art that looks like kids drew it/ wrote the title.
funny > serious, everytime.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1628 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

I purchased halo 4 used from gamestop, never opened the case, took it back for trade in and got a refurbished fee tacked on to it

WTF?

Wow!

All I know is since I got a deal on a "like new" copy of walking dead on amazon warehouse I'm taking my "new" opened copy back to GameStop tomorrow! They will give me back all my money. Lol
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15, Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life

#1629 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

lol if ur copy is "new" and its opened (u removed/cut the clear seal) they won't take it back and claim its used.

now playing:

#1630 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

i miss the gs cover art with the generic pseudo-anime kids on it lol
if ur artsy u can just make custom case/cover art. the best is cover art that looks like kids drew it/ wrote the title.
funny > serious, everytime.

You mean like this?

Posted Image

#1631 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

oh hell yeah. *high 5* lol is it backwards on purpose?
needs scribbled crayon tho.

now playing:

#1632 biller88

biller88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Thanks for this heads up!!
I got Lego LOTR on BF, platted it, and traded it to GS for an extra $2!

#1633 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

oh hell yeah. *high 5* lol is it backwards on purpose?
needs scribbled crayon tho.

No, lol. My girlfriends little sister drew it and she misspelled Castlevania, lol.

#1634 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

lol if ur copy is "new" and its opened (u removed/cut the clear seal) they won't take it back and claim its used.

Mine had no seal. It has a New sticker on the front saying $29.99. I didn't even notice it until I got home.

#1635 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

Traded a few games from BF that I beat for what I paid for them and then some extra for the gas/hassle. Not a bad way to play games for free, or get paid for playing.
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#1636 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

No, lol. My girlfriends little sister drew it and she misspelled Castlevania, lol.

lol well its awesome.

now playing:

#1637 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

yeah that castelvania box art is amazing. awesome gf

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1638 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

you mean like this?

Posted Image

castelvania..........

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#1639 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

Mine had no seal. It has a New sticker on the front saying $29.99. I didn't even notice it until I got home.

Good luck. This may be your initiation into the gang of GS haters.

#1640 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

Good luck. This may be your initiation into the gang of GS haters.

Well I sure hope I don't have any issues. I just think it's bullshit to sell me an opened game as new, and charge me full price. I know the game is fine, but knowing that I will get the SAME thing from AWD for $22 I can't keep the GameStop copy. If I would have seen the copy opened when I paid I probably would have refused it.

If they require a game to be unopened and a receipt to return it you can't sell an opened game as "new".

#1641 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

Traded Hitman for $31.4 today, he initially told me it was $14, thank god I knew better.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1642 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

WTF?

I hate BS like that and Dbag employees that go out of their way to find something wrong with a disc.

Same thing Happened to me with Time Crisis Razing Storm. Bought it used from them for move but never played, employee tried to tack a fee on....I said give me my game and walked out took it to the other GS down the road and traded it in no problem.

In my experience employees that do these acts are new recently hired ones. I try to stay away from those

#1643 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

I just want to thank everyone who posted here because I would have had no idea about this sale. I traded for the first time in about 3 years at Gamestop (some extra games I had gotten really cheap over the last year) and ended up with about $150 in credit. I picked up a bunch of iTunes gift cards and enough Wii U / 3DS Cards to get Just Dance 4 for Wii U (digitally) and most of Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Really appreciate it guys :).

#1644 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

I'm sad the deal is over. :(
Nobody Beats A SuperCAG Deal!!! Nobody!!!

#1645 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

Posted Image

This is my new steel diver I got with my 3dsxl so don't feel bad.

Hahahaha. Fucking GameStop.

#1646 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

Well yeah I'd refuse that, but its never happened to me

Like I said, I would have, but it was being flipped directly to Best Buy. That said, I happily did the survey blasting them over it.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#1647 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

Edit nvm the values held again today. I'm surprised some of them were never even nuked.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#1648 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

Im pretty sure last time only Mass Effect 3 lost value during the promotion. Not sure why people think a ton of games lost their value last time.

#1649 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

The values held. Phew!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1650 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Well I sure hope I don't have any issues. I just think it's bullshit to sell me an opened game as new, and charge me full price. I know the game is fine, but knowing that I will get the SAME thing from AWD for $22 I can't keep the GameStop copy. If I would have seen the copy opened when I paid I probably would have refused it.

If they require a game to be unopened and a receipt to return it you can't sell an opened game as "new".

Here's another nice little service they add (or at least they previously did) to their "new" games; the employees can take them home to play and bring them back to sell as new....