Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#1651 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

Here's another nice little service they add (or at least they previously did) to their "new" games; the employees can take them home to play and bring them back to sell as new....

Awesome! So you'll know it will work, right? ;)

#1652 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Here's another nice little service they add (or at least they previously did) to their "new" games; the employees can take them home to play and bring them back to sell as new....

While that wouldn't surprise me, I'm pretty sure they are only allowed to do that with the used games. Although there are probably some employees that take home the gutted copies.

#1653 argyle

argyle

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

After my fiasco earlier this year trying to get a "new" copy of Dirt 3 CE and continually being given open copies w/ the standard edition disk, I swore never to buy another opened "new" game from GS again. I almost never buy new from them now period - I'm making an exception for Ni No Kuni since they're the only place you can get the steel book, but otherwise I'd much rather buy new from BB anyway so I can take advantage of the 2-month price match period.

But yeah, they've been doing it forever and they aren't about to stop because 95% of their customers simply don't care. Only thing you can do is just shop someplace else.

EDIT: typo
Posted Image

#1654 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

After my fiasco earlier this year trying to get a "new" copy of Dirt 3 CE and continually being given open copies w/ the standard edition disk, I swore never to buy another opened "new" game from GS again. I almost never buy new from them now period - I'm making an exception for Ni No Kuni since they're the only place you can get the steel book, but otherwise I'd much rather buy new from BB anyway so I can take advantage of the 2-month price match period.

But yeah, they've been doing it forever and they aren't about to stop because 95% of their customers simply don't care. Only thing you can do is just shop someplace else.

EDIT: typo

Didn't that Dirt 3 CE thing happen everywhere?

#1655 argyle

argyle

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

Didn't that Dirt 3 CE thing happen everywhere?

Dunno, but I'm sure if you buy a sealed copy of it it is the actual CE. I did a ton of research online, and couldn't find any proof of anyone having that issue after buying a sealed copy of the game.
Posted Image

#1656 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

Exactly. Thats what I presume happened to the copy I ended up with today. It has a new sticker on it, and the game looks almost untouched, but i bet someone played it at home and brought it back. And I know they had to take the disc out originally and put it in when they knew I was coming to pick it up, because I called and they said they were holding me a "new" copy.

Posted Image[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown

#1657 praisedue

praisedue

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

I tried taking advantage of this promotion yesterday and was told that the promotion wasn't available in their system. do they have to access your PUR account for this promotion?

#1658 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Yep, all they HAD to do is access your PUR account to activate the values. 'HAD' being the operative word, since the deal ended on the 16th.

#1659 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

I tried taking advantage of this promotion yesterday and was told that the promotion wasn't available in their system. do they have to access your PUR account for this promotion?

Technically, yes--they need(ed) to scan your PUR card and proceed to the final step of the trade-in before the increased values (would have) appear(ed).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1660 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

Exactly. Thats what I presume happened to the copy I ended up with today. It has a new sticker on it, and the game looks almost untouched, but i bet someone played it at home and brought it back. And I know they had to take the disc out originally and put it in when they knew I was coming to pick it up, because I called and they said they were holding me a "new" copy.

Posted Image[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That is okay, I had a relative pick up a new copy of dungeon siege 3 for me last year only for me to open (peel of that "sealing sticker") it a month or two later and it had a bunch of scratches on it.

#1661 praisedue

praisedue

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

Technically, yes--they need(ed) to scan your PUR card and proceed to the final step of the trade-in before the increased values (would have) appear(ed).

i can't believe i missed out on this promotion because they failed to pull up my account.

#1662 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

I'd much rather buy new from BB anyway so I can take advantage of the 2-month price match period.

Didn't know they price matched games? What's the deal with that? I knew they had a PM guarantee on TVs and such, but didn't know that extended elsewhere.

#1663 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Ah crap...totally forgot about Wrath of the White Witch...coulda had more credit towards it. Ah well.

#1664 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

hope they do this promo again soon but with differint games
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#1665 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Well I took back my "new" copy of Walking Dead that they sold to me not being sealed and I got my money back. Wasn't paying full price for an opened game. My "like new" copy from Amazon for $22 is much more worth my while.

:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown

#1666 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Does anyone know if assassin's creed for ps3 held? I don't wanna rape the factory seal unless it's for a good reason

#1667 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Does anyone know if assassin's creed for ps3 held? I don't wanna rape the factory seal unless it's for a good reason

This promotion ended yesterday, so the value is no longer $15.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1668 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Sonofa Fuck. Well, thank you for the speedy reply.

#1669 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

Sonofa Fuck. Well, thank you for the speedy reply.

pm'd
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1670 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

It may still be active, sometimes they are slow to end promos.

#1671 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

hope they do this promo again soon but with differint games

Slim and none.