Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#151 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Traded in 7 games for $178.xx. Did receive pur bonuses. I'll rebuy the ones I want with my b2g1 coupon possibly

You're talking the 10% on base TIV, right?

I'm thinking of trading God of War Saga, Sly Cooper, Dead Island and Silent Hill HD Collection. I've already beat GOW 1-3 (and I get origins for free basically), and got the latter 3 for 10 on BF. My backlog is so huge that I'd rather have the credit and I think this should net me $85 base whereas I paid 50 base for them collectively.

#152 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I dont know what to do with my current copy of Sly that I got for $10 from BF. If I keep it I wont get to it for awhile with me playing 2k13, BO 2, and Sleeping Dogs. Fuck !!!!! Help a brother out fellow cags

trade it. the sly games start to get boring after a while.

#153 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

trade it. the sly games start to get boring after a while.

Yeah I feel like ill play the first and wont touch the second for quite some time. You know what? I will trade it in, newegg still has the game for $16. I still make a net profit of $9 and ill still have a copy. Thanks

#154 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

wish i would have got forza for $15 for dead island goty for $8, would have been great to flip both for 30/20 respectively. oh wellz

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#155 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

I dont know what to do with my current copy of Sly that I got for $10 from BF. If I keep it I wont get to it for awhile with me playing 2k13, BO 2, and Sleeping Dogs. Fuck !!!!! Help a brother out fellow cags

Trade it. This type of trade deal brings out the worst in my game collecting addiction. I am looking at over 100 games on my shelf and having a "Come to Jesus" moment over 5-6 games? Take the credit (especially if you are getting 2x what you paid) and eventually you will get back to it. I have so many games to play there is no reason to hold onto some of these.

#156 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Thanks OP. Traded in Sly/Alice/Lego Star Wars for $60 credit and picked up 3 $20 PSN cards. Also immediately rebought Sly from Amazon Warehouse for $15.67 because I really liked the 1st one and hadn't gotten to #2 and#3. I'll re-buy Alice at some point and actually play it, but $20 for it at this point is just too good to pass up.

Was also going to trade in FIFA 13 and pick up FIFA 12 from Gamefly for $9.99, but FIFA 13 is still going for at least $35 after shipping/fees on Amazon, so I just posted it there and will take the cash over GS credit.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#157 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

how sad is it that 5 of the 7 games I am trading are still sealed?
Posted Image

#158 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

i feel your pain.

#159 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

I got Kinect Sports ultimate for $15 on BF, but for $30 i can't turn that down. I don't use the kinect ever anyways. Same deal with $25 for Sly Collection.

I got black ops 2 on WiiU from TRU B2G1 half off a few days ago but the connections are so shitty because there's all of 1,000 people playing online in the whole world that i'll probably let that go for $40 too.

I'll probably just pay off Devil May Cry for january.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#160 edallasplanet

edallasplanet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

My dilemma actually haha

#161 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

You're talking the 10% on base TIV, right?

I'm thinking of trading God of War Saga, Sly Cooper, Dead Island and Silent Hill HD Collection. I've already beat GOW 1-3 (and I get origins for free basically), and got the latter 3 for 10 on BF. My backlog is so huge that I'd rather have the credit and I think this should net me $85 base whereas I paid 50 base for them collectively.

Yes, 10% off base

#162 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

i feel your pain.

My dilemma actually haha

I just opened them up and it made trading them in even harder...that new game smell and look. Thinking of getting these later all broken and dirty makes me want to keep them. :drool:
Posted Image

#163 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Trade it. This type of trade deal brings out the worst in my game collecting addiction. I am looking at over 100 games on my shelf and having a "Come to Jesus" moment over 5-6 games? Take the credit (especially if you are getting 2x what you paid) and eventually you will get back to it. I have so many games to play there is no reason to hold onto some of these.

Had this same moment. I overcame it and traded in 20 games for $411.60. They were all backlogged and/or stuff I didn't see myself revisiting in the next 6-12months, except for some BF purchases and Sears/Kmart/Target clearance purchases that I hadn't even had the chance to open.

Used my $411.60 for a WiiU Deluxe and WiiMote/Nunchuck & NSMBU. I'm hoping it's not a mistake and I get more use out of it than my original wii did back at launch. At the very least this will end up being the console that my son grows up with so I'll take that over some cases collecting dust and just keep my eyes peeled to rebuy the games I really wanted for my collection going forward (it's not like there's a ton of wiiU games and/or new releases for PS3/360 that have my excited save Bioshock and Aliens).

Enjoy this promo and trade in as soon as you can, I remember over summer when they had this with the trade two for $40 promo going and a lot of the games tanked after 3-4 days.

#164 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

I just opened them up and it made trading them in even harder...that new game smell and look. Thinking of getting these later all broken and dirty makes me want to keep them. :drool:

I'm terribly bad with my backlog too, but I've started not buying any game until it hits the $10-$12 range and it's helped a little bit with my backlog, but even moreso with my regret on spending too much on games. I don't think I've had a "regretful" purchase in a long time. I also refuse to buy anything digital unless it's discounted by at least 50%

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#165 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Amazing trade in values. Looks like I'm going to check out clearance bins for these games and attempt to flip
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#166 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Heh, I was finishing Lollipop Chainsaw in hopes that Best Buy would have the 100% bonus again soon. Guess it and a few other games are going to Gamestop instead.

#167 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

this is insane lol

not sure if mentioned but Alice is 7.50 at blockbuster ymmv

Borderlands I just beat yesterday and I love it to death but I paid $25 for it and for $30 credit I can survive off my backlog until the GOTY edition.

Batman and GoW Saga I paid less for on BF also haha

Im about to clean San Antonio blockbusters out, just an heads up...of Alice at least.

#168 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Do you take the plastic off when you trade it in? I do. Makes me seem like less of a crazy person, in my head.
Posted Image

#169 AznDragon89

AznDragon89

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

i haven't even open my dead island goty edition from black friday, think its worth more lol? I been hooked on ac3

#170 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Just traded:
-Kinect Sports Ultimate - 31.40 (after promos)
-Halo 4 ------------------ 32.00 (after promos)

Got a sealed copy of Far Cry 3 with 3.41 left over

#171 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

ugh, i hope this holds up until tomorrow, i have to prep for an upcoming exam

#172 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Do you take the plastic off when you trade it in? I do. Makes me seem like less of a crazy person, in my head.

Yeah I just unwrapped them. I am not even sure they will take a wrapped game.
Posted Image

#173 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

Was going to do some trade ins today anyways. Most of the games are in the list. Wonder if my GameStop has any WiiUs in store?

#174 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Gamestop won't accept them if they are still sealed

#175 AznDragon89

AznDragon89

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

would this work if i use the 50% more bonus coupon? so if i trade dead island and ac3 for 82 dollars in store credit?

#176 slimklp

slimklp

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Man, My back-log is so big due to BF that i might go ahead and trade Sly in. More than double what i paid for it, that's crazy.

#177 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

:booty:

would this work if i use the 50% more bonus coupon? so if i trade dead island and ac3 for 82 dollars in store credit?

For the 10th time, no.

#178 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

promos don't stack, so the only way that would work is if you got an employee to override it somehow

#179 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Was going to do some trade ins today anyways. Most of the games are in the list. Wonder if my GameStop has any WiiUs in store?

The store I was at received another shipment today and they are in Stock for direct shipping to your house if they are oos locally.

Man I still can't get over this. I may actually take a ride and see if I can't find some of those Alices at bbv. My best buys don't have anything else worth moving credit for some more wiiu games.

#180 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Am I reading this correctly that Assassin Creed is going for 15?

I know !! I only wish this was also for Xbox 360 instead of just for PS3. :cry: