Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#181 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Traded in 6 games that I either got as gifts or less than msrp ($10 sly cooper for example) for a whopping $131 credit (decided to add on the pro membership, so minus that but plus 10%). Sweet deal.

Now what do I buy? :( maybe Ill wait for nextgen like everyone else or for the next big Rpg. Ah well.
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#182 wusspuck

wusspuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Is there a limit on how many you can trade? or would you suggest go to 2 stores?, i bought 2 forza horizons , well for 35$ i can wait to play, and can get another gift..

#183 buffdrew84

buffdrew84

Used PSI Cheapness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

I read through that whole list and the only freaking game I have is oddly enough...

The amazing spiderman on 3DS.

Just got it Tuesday from target on clearance foe 12.50.

Grizzly Bear says

"Mo Honey Mo Problems"

Tradelist:

http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=151559

#184 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Traded in 6 games that I either got as gifts or less than msrp ($10 sly cooper for example) for a whopping $131 credit (decided to add on the pro membership, so minus that but plus 10%). Sweet deal.

Now what do I buy? :( maybe Ill wait for nextgen like everyone else or for the next big Rpg. Ah well.

Ni No Kuni. Pay it off, sell the steelbook in February if you want

#185 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

The idea of finally picking up a PS3 has been fluttering in my mind since Black friday. Picked up a new 360 instead so I might use this promo to get a used console for some God of War and infamous :D

#186 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

gonna trade in Alice and buy a psn card for Okami HD. then I will have effectively paid 10$ for Okami :D

#187 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hell I paid $30 for :360: Alice like 18 months ago when it was a few months old and never finished it. With the Complete Collection dropping on PC (including the original Alice game and DLC), I'll just wait for a cheap sale on that and dump this copy. That plus Sly, Forza, and maybe a couple others. Lego Star Wars Complete is $15 brand new on Amazon right now, for crying out loud, and I've got a lot of Lego games to play.
Posted Image

#188 Crunkking01

Crunkking01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Definitely about to go to work (Kmart) and buy all of our copies of Portal 2, use a $15 coupon, and then flip them for over double.

#189 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Will this stack with the I didn't read the thread promo?
Posted Image

#190 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Traded AC3, UMVC3, WWE 13 and UFC Undisputed 3.

I watched a guy spend basically the exact same amount I got on Little Big Planet Karting and Lego Batman 2 alone and almost cried.

#191 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

well since GameStop "new" games are *coughcough*...

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#192 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Nothing for Dishonored.

Poopy.

#193 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

I don't know if this is a silly question.. it probably is. Will this deal work for cash trades?

#194 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I was thinking of trading in my copy of Hitman Blood Money since I got a free Steam copy for preordering Absolution at GS. Then I saw that a used copy is fetching about $40 on Amazon. I think I'll wait to sell it there. So anyone that also sells on Amazon or wherever, make sure you double check sell values before trading in. You might get a better deal.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#195 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

I have about 2 or 3 games on that list and are sealed except for Dead Island goty which I just opened and started playing LAST NIGHT. I am already hooked on it, but $20... could trade that, RDRGOTY, and UMVC3 towards Far Cry 3. Backlog is large and and Far Cry 3 looks HUGE with the crafting and all. My wife has shown interest in playing it as well.

I really want to keep and play RDRGOTY but not sure if it will hit sub $30 anytime soon.

#196 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

So I buy GoW Collection for $20. I download The Origins collection. I get 30 days free PS+. And I can trade it back into Gamestop for $22? Genius!

#197 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Traded Kirby Return to Dreamland Wii for $30.

#198 TrunksSSJ23

TrunksSSJ23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Definitely about to go to work (Kmart) and buy all of our copies of Portal 2, use a $15 coupon, and then flip them for over double.

Is this an instore price only? Online I still see it for $19.99. And I thought you could only trade in one of the same game at the same Gamestop?

#199 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I was thinking of trading in my copy of Hitman Blood Money since I got a free Steam copy for preordering Absolution at GS. Then I saw that a used copy is fetching about $40 on Amazon. I think I'll wait to sell it there. So anyone that also sells on Amazon or wherever, make sure you double check sell values before trading in. You might get a better deal.

Blood Money is a kind of rare-ish game. Or at least not common. You know something is up when GS sells a 6 year old game for $30 and is running trade in credit promos for it.

I regret never buying it back in the day (borrowed a friends to play it)

#200 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

So I buy GoW Collection for $20. I download The Origins collection. I get 30 days free PS+. And I can trade it back into Gamestop for $22? Genius!

Essentially yes.

#201 Crunkking01

Crunkking01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Is this an instore price only? Online I still see it for $19.99. And I thought you could only trade in one of the same game at the same Gamestop?

Yeah, it's in-store only, like a lot of our weekly promos. I'm sure it's the same with Deus Ex ($10) and Red Faction Armageddon ($15).

We don't have many copies, but one PS3, one Xbox at two stores.

#202 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

I don't know if this is a silly question.. it probably is. Will this deal work for cash trades?

of course not
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#203 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Anyone know how much dishonored trades for?

#204 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Keep in mind all that these are bonus trade values. So ur PUR bonus is off the regular value. I just traded Black Ops 2 and it was $42 total not $44. Not sure if this was posted yet.

#205 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I just called gamestop and they said portal 2 goes for 9$ when traded w/out bonus..? 360 version

#206 Tobezijian

Tobezijian

Flipallthegames!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

I just called gamestop and they said portal 2 goes for 9$ when traded w/out bonus..? 360 version

You have to actually go to the store and trade it and be a PUR member. It's not gonna pull up on their computer by doing a manual search for it.

Can anyone find any logical reason why the 360 version of Borderlands 2 isn't on this list? :(

#207 Timenice

Timenice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

I wanna wait till Sunday so I don't waste gas I.e. I'm cheap
But last time I waited they wouldn't honor mass effect 3

#208 GreyFoxx2002

GreyFoxx2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Damn next pay day is next friday 2 days before this sale ends...

#209 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

I wanna wait till Sunday so I don't waste gas I.e. I'm cheap
But last time I waited they wouldn't honor mass effect 3

Good luck waiting. I won't be shocked if they lower a popular game or two, like last time, during this 'guaranteed' trade in deal.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#210 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

You have to actually go to the store and trade it and be a PUR member. It's not gonna pull up on their computer by doing a manual search for it.

Can anyone find any logical reason why the 360 version of Borderlands 2 isn't on this list? :(

PUR is the free one right?