Dungeon Siege III (PS3/360) $9.99 @ Newegg

[quote name='alwayscheaper']People said it was short and linear, like really short. It won't go lower so it might be a worthy play and trade if you want it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the problem is I have so many games after the last few weeks that even a $10 game doesn't look that good to me right now XD

First Obsidian game that is relatively bug free and is a neat isometric action RPG. I bought it for this price during one of Best Buy's summer blowouts and if you like the genre, it's worth it for this price.

Also, Obsidian created an engine from the ground up for this game which will be used in the creation of their upcoming Project Eternity Kickstarter game. So if you'd like a preview of how that game would look if it ever gets ported to consoles, pick this up. Otherwise I'd just look for a deal on the :pc: version for a more accurate representation.

As long as you're not expecting anything like the first two Dungeon Siege games, DS3 is a good hack and slash RPG. It took me about 16 hours to play through with one character, and the characters are unique enough to provide decent replay value.

My only problem with this game was that it's a little shallow. You don't really have a great amount of freedom when it comes to customizing your character, which can be a little jarring if you prefer RPGs that are more open. It's also fairly linear, as mentioned, though I wouldn't say that's necessarily a negative trait.

It's not bad, though, and at this price it's hard to go wrong.

Very decent Action RPG well worth this price if you like the genre.

I liked this much better than Sacred 2 and Untold Legends. It has a bit different style, but on par with Dungeon Siege.

[quote name='GT']Very decent Action RPG well worth this price if you like the genre.

I liked this much better than Sacred 2 and Untold Legends. It has a bit different style, but on par with Dungeon Siege.[/QUOTE]

Although I like them both I'd have to say Sacred 2 is a FAR better game. In my opinion it's one of the deepest and most underrated games on the 360. I'm an older gamer though (who played Bards Tale and Dungeon Master when they were new releases) so maybe that's why it appeals to me.

Good find OP.

I highly recommend this game if you are a casual hack-and-slash fan. I wasn't hardcore into the genre, but I loved this game and beat it on 360 and still wanted to keep playing. Its colorful, story is good IMO, and the combat and leveling up feels fresh and engaging.

At $9.99, its totally worth it unless you have a huge backlog (don't we all) and have self restraint.

And by the way, this games is not that short. Maybe compared to other similar games like Sacred 2 (that game is huge), then you could consider this streamlined and short, but it took me a good 12-15 hours to beat only the main story and some side missions.

If you are near one, check kmart for the same price due to clearance.

Picked it up several weeks ago and of course I haven't played it due its position in the backlog.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Although I like them both I'd have to say Sacred 2 is a FAR better game. In my opinion it's one of the deepest and most underrated games on the 360. I'm an older gamer though (who played Bards Tale and Dungeon Master when they were new releases) so maybe that's why it appeals to me.[/QUOTE]
I agree, sacred 2 was one of the best RPGs Ive played this gen. Once it "clicks" it's such a deep RPG. I probably put close to 500 hours into it.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Hate to hijack the thread but since it's being lightly discussed you can get Sacred 2 for $7.00 and free shipping at Best Buy. Used, but there were no online pass codes needed. Anyone who wants to play a serious RPG shouldn't pass on it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sacred+...!!6892553434&gclid=COmPz7f8iLQCFexAMgod3BoAXA[/QUOTE]

think it comes down to whether or not you want to spend ~$2 more for a new game...personally i would want the new game

[quote name='Neoreloaded313']I got from Kmart for $3.72[/QUOTE]

It was $14.xx, here, during that 25% off sale. It, eventually, went down and I got it for $4.9x.........just because it was cheap(I know nothing about the game)!

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Although I like them both I'd have to say Sacred 2 is a FAR better game. In my opinion it's one of the deepest and most underrated games on the 360. I'm an older gamer though (who played Bards Tale and Dungeon Master when they were new releases) so maybe that's why it appeals to me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']I agree, sacred 2 was one of the best RPGs Ive played this gen. Once it "clicks" it's such a deep RPG. I probably put close to 500 hours into it.[/QUOTE]

Fellow Sacred 2 fans! OT, Dungeon Siege III supports local co-op, so it is kind of fun to explore around with your friends or loved ones. You will have some camera issue in local co-op though.

OK, I could be wrong, but I thought I heard that the co-op on Dungeon Siege III was terrible. Something like player A can pick up all the loot and get the experience, but player B can't? Or is that just online co-op? Or am I just going crazy? Or crazier?

[quote name='grundy']OK, I could be wrong, but I thought I heard that the co-op on Dungeon Siege III was terrible. Something like player A can pick up all the loot and get the experience, but player B can't? Or is that just online co-op? Or am I just going crazy? Or crazier?[/QUOTE]

You can collect loot and gain experience, but all progress/characters are saved on the host's machine. You can't take your character into someone else's game and vice versa (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't think it's an issue if you're only playing local co-op.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']You can collect loot and gain experience, but all progress/characters are saved on the host's machine. You can't take your character into someone else's game and vice versa (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't think it's an issue if you're only playing local co-op.[/QUOTE]
Correct. Local co-op will not have an issue. I doubt you will still find online co-op partners at this point anyway.

[quote name='TooPoor']Correct. Local co-op will not have an issue. I doubt you will still find online co-op partners at this point anyway.[/QUOTE]

OK, that's cool with local co-op. Now, I might actually want to buy this game since it has that "Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance"/"Champions of Norrath" feel to it

[quote name='grundy']OK, that's cool with local co-op. Now, I might actually want to buy this game since it has that "Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance"/"Champions of Norrath" feel to it[/QUOTE]
It does, just make sure when doing local co-op, test out the saving process first, don't just go in and play for four hours while not knowing if both character info were saved or not.

bread's done
Back