Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable cancelled

Nothing has been canceled. They posted the release date (February 2013) and the boxart back in November. The game has likely already gone gold or is close. You don't cancel a project that close to release.

[quote name='SynGamer']Nothing has been canceled. They posted the release date (February 2013) and the boxart back in November. The game has likely already gone gold or is close. You don't cancel a project that close to release.[/QUOTE]

Star Fox 2, Half Life 2 on the Dreamcast, Star Wars Battlefront 3, that one NBA game...

[quote name='Thoth']Star Fox 2, Half Life 2 on the Dreamcast, Star Wars Battlefront 3, that one NBA game...[/QUOTE]

Um...Dreamcast kinda says it all. SWBF3 still had yet to enter the beta and final polish stages, not to mention financials were the root cause. And the NBA game you are referring to was canned because even management knew it was crap (paraphrased).

EDF2017P is a port, so there's really no way it can be "crap". If they've announced a February 2013 release date as of November 2012, then financials shouldn't be an issue since the game is practically done. Also, the Vita is established with well over 3 million units sold at this point, as well as a viable online distribution method, versus retail-only for the Dreamcast which was pretty much destroyed as soon as the PS2 was released.

I see no reason why this game would be canceled at this point...but stranger things have happened I guess :p

Reallllly don't want this to be true. However, I wouldn't mind a "Very Easy" mode. I made it to the second to last stage on EDF: IA and I just gave up.

Amazon has Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable listed as "currently unavailable" for preordering. This isn't good.

Or it's going to be a PSN exclusive like some of the other Japan-centric Vita games, which you obviously wouldn't be able to rent from Gamefly.

Yeah, especially with the recent announcement of EDF 2025. It's highly unlikely that D3 would completely cancel EDF2017 Portable, yet announce a new entry from the EDF franchise within a few days.

So, what does everyone think the price tag is going to be when it hits PSN?

I'd import too. But would rather it be confirmed other regions would be able to play online with US players. Plus language.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Yeah, especially with the recent announcement of EDF 2025. It's highly unlikely that D3 would completely cancel EDF2017 Portable, yet announce a new entry from the EDF franchise within a few days.

So, what does everyone think the price tag is going to be when it hits PSN?[/QUOTE]

$29.99 seems like the best bet, but I would love to see this on sale for $19.99...

[quote name='mrx001']I would like to see the email and another concrete source before I take slidecage's word.[/QUOTE]

Try reading the rest of the thread and you would see that all fingers point to a PSN/digital-only release.

[quote name='SynGamer']Try reading the rest of the thread and you would see that all fingers point to a PSN/digital-only release.[/QUOTE]

I did -_-. Have the game preordered on NewEgg and I don't want to pay 40 for it.Hopefully it's just Europe.

Earth defense force 2017 awesome gift from amazon
amazon.com/Earth-Defense-Force-2017-Xbox-360/dp/B000LV9N8S
and Gamestop
gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/earth-defense-force-2017/64253 only for you.
Hopefully you will enjoyed this weekend.

[quote name='raisaandriana']Earth defense force 2017 awesome gift from amazon
amazon.com/Earth-Defense-Force-2017-Xbox-360/dp/B000LV9N8S
and Gamestop
gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/earth-defense-force-2017/64253 only for you.
Hopefully you will enjoyed this weekend.[/QUOTE]

What?

[quote name='mrx001']I did -_-. Have the game preordered on NewEgg and I don't want to pay 40 for it.Hopefully it's just Europe.[/QUOTE]

Amazon just cancelled some orders as well.
I'm afraid Newegg is probably next. Ah well, I'm glad it's still coming.

It's listed on the US Playstation blog as a choice for Most Anticipated PS Vita game in their 2012 Game of the Year voting.

voteforyourfavoriteplay.jpg

[quote name='dallow']It's digital, and $40.

Wow. Pass.
If they're saving on production costs, I'm not paying $40 then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. They missed an opportunity there. $29.99 and I *might* have considered it. I'll wait for a sale or PS+ deal.

It just goes to show you that Namco, who owns D3, don't give a fuck when pricing these digital-only releases of games that were at retail elsewhere. I think D3 at least has a better record of dropping prices on that stuff on PSN with their Ben 10 games and such, so there's hope of a sale or price drop in the future.

Unless there is some sort of PS+ discount, I can't justify spending that much on this game. Believe it or not, I already have a sizable backlog on my Vita with the IGC and recent PSN sales.

[quote name='Thoth']Star Fox 2, Half Life 2 on the Dreamcast, Star Wars Battlefront 3, that one NBA game...[/QUOTE]

half life 1 not 2 right?

Hey if anyone is following this thread still.. EDF 2017 Portable is currently on sale 50% off according to EDF's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=693667403984818&set=a.325990247419204.86984.135709253113972&type=1

$14.99 is a good price?

How is it compare to the 360 version? Is the online community still active?
If you're a fan of the series, then $15 is a pretty good price. The game has a 68% at Metacritic, which is pretty solid for this type of game. having played the original so many times...I've kind of burnt myself out at this point. Reading the reviews, the game seems quite repetitive.

It is the 360 version, with a few new DLC items. Fun for a while but it definitely can get old replaying levels over and over for unlocks once you beat the game.

It's more than just DLC items, it's a whole new character and campaign. A really fun one at that that really changes the game.
Plus online gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back