• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bradr

bradr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

I was at Target today and saw something that surprised me:

Someone ahead of me at electronics bought 4 3DSes for a total of about $600. He then told the cashier that he had a giftcard code on his phone and to scan the square/rectangular code (I don't know the proper name for it) on his phone. The cashier wasn't sure about doing it but did and he owed $0 after the scan. Later on, the same guy bought a laptop with the code and owed $0. The guy must have had over $1000 on this code if it was legit. It seems crazy to me to put $1000 on a GC. It also seems to me that having a scannable code on the phone would be something that could easily be hacked. Do you guys think this guy was legit or somehow found a way to be shady with the mobile GC code?

#2 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

*shrug* I dunno............deal of the year?

#3 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

Sounds shady to me. I know there's shopkick which I think sends giftcards through your phone, but doubt it would be that high of an amount.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#4 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Sounds shady to me. I know there's shopkick which I think sends giftcards through your phone, but doubt it would be that high of an amount.

I am thinking this is a either a bug shopkick program or these people just walk around stores all the time with that app on. It works like only 40% of the time for me :(