Atlus Reprinting Etrian Odyssey I II and III

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So looks like Atlus is doing a short repring on the Etrian Odyssey series of games for the DS in anticipation of the upcoming release of IV. Pretty neat of them. They'll be going for $30 bucks each which is way better than the price on the resale market. The cool thing is if you preorder them you get them for $25 each.

I think i actually have all of them except for the first. I need to go through my collection and check, but figured you guys may want to know for those who were missing one or who want the whole series for the discount price.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503271

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2012/12/etrain-odyssey-trilogy-available/

That is good news. I've been able to find used copies of 2 and 3 for around $25, but I could never get my hands on the first game at a reasonable price. Thanks for the post, kenshin; I'll definitely get the first one at the discount price.

Welcome. Ya i need to dig through my collection to see if i DO have I or not. I THINK i picked it up on ebay years ago but didn't see it in any of my piles.

Hell, it might be worth it to just go ahead and buy the triple pack for the hell of it. I know i have a couple copies of III. One still in the Amazon package it came in with the artbook. Im damn sure i have II but cant find it at the moment either. I is the only one i dont think i ever got.

Now if i can only find a manual for My World My Way.. stupid niche rpgs

Thanks Kenshin, this is actually fantastic.

Any idea if other places will be having that preorder bundle or do I have to go through VGP?

No other news on where else to get it that i could find yet. I actually find it odd that i didnt' really see an announcement for this on Atlus's site. Im personally waiting a bit for more info since im not really familiar with VGP myself. Id much rather just go straight through Atlus or something for it. Im also curious if the triple pack will maybe have a slip cover or something unique. Im just looking for an extra little nudge to justify re buying III and possibly II

so they are not even for sale yet .... this is why im not buying part 4..... you never see games hold their vaules anymore

crap was thinking of selling my 3 used and keeping 3 sealed but they are not even worth 30 each

Thanks, OP, but I'll wait until either Atlus announces it officially on their site/FB page or until it's available in the states. Importing from Canada isn't bad, but it's still importing.

[quote name='Kenshindono']No other news on where else to get it that i could find yet. I actually find it odd that i didnt' really see an announcement for this on Atlus's site. Im personally waiting a bit for more info since im not really familiar with VGP myself. Id much rather just go straight through Atlus or something for it. Im also curious if the triple pack will maybe have a slip cover or something unique. Im just looking for an extra little nudge to justify re buying III and possibly II[/QUOTE]

Atlus closed their online store a while back. VGP is one of their partners since it always appear in their link.

Great news! I am missing the first two, but I've played the third game for about 5 minutes and I didn't really like it much, but I think I'll give it another shot.

Are there any codes for shipping? Is the re-release limited to only this one store or will other retailers like Amazon, Gamestop, etc get it?

I wonder if their "limited quantities" actually mean anything. I mean, the PS2 SMT reprints were supposedly limited but... well, we all know how limited those were.

I don't even know why I buy Atlus games at launch anymore. They just reprint them later and they become cheaper.

[quote name='Vinny']I wonder if their "limited quantities" actually mean anything. I mean, the PS2 SMT reprints were supposedly limited but... well, we all know how limited those were.

I don't even know why I buy Atlus games at launch anymore. They just reprint them later and they become cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Well thats a DVD and cost a lot less to make than a DS cart. Radiant Historia is sold out after reprint. Plus it is not really cheaper at $29.99, since thats the launch price.

Thanks for the info. I've been looking for Etrian Odyssey 1 for years, but always found the price ridiculously expensive. I'll be sure to pick one up, though this goes to show that games today won't ever have the collector's value that games used to have. I guess I'm ok with that though.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']when did these games become rare cuz ive had Etrian Odyssey I and II since forever. didnt even know they made a 3. lol[/QUOTE]

Etrian Odyssey 4 hits in a couple of months.

Will this not be sold in America? As much I love Canada, not really huge on importing and paying a bunch for shipping...

[quote name='prateeko']Will this not be sold in America? As much I love Canada, not really huge on importing and paying a bunch for shipping...[/QUOTE]

Just ordered all three and shipping was $10 not that great but for three games not horrific either

[quote name='62t']Well thats a DVD and cost a lot less to make than a DS cart. Radiant Historia is sold out after reprint. Plus it is not really cheaper at $29.99, since thats the launch price.[/QUOTE]

That is a good point.

[quote name='slidecage']so they are not even for sale yet .... this is why im not buying part 4..... you never see games hold their vaules anymore

crap was thinking of selling my 3 used and keeping 3 sealed but they are not even worth 30 each[/QUOTE]

Well that's dumb, you don't even know what WILL be reprinted, and there are tons of games that never have, and never will get a reprint. It's a gamble to buy now and hope that it won't go down in price later, or to NOT buy now, and find out that it will be rare and expensive later on.

I, however, actually buy these games to play. I'd rather more people have the chance to buy them at low prices and want to actually play them, than sympathize with people who buy them only to make money later with.

[quote name='jedimario']Are there any codes for shipping? Is the re-release limited to only this one store or will other retailers like Amazon, Gamestop, etc get it?[/QUOTE]

This...

[quote name='prateeko']Will this not be sold in America? As much I love Canada, not really huge on importing and paying a bunch for shipping...[/QUOTE]

...and this!

[quote name='feeter277']Just ordered all three and shipping was $10 not that great but for three games not horrific either[/QUOTE]

With as much tax that we have to pay, it works out to about the same cost anyways.

Always wanted to try these. Now I can grab all 3 if this ever comes up to. Cant find it anywhere other than the canada site.

[quote name='TidalDreams']With as much tax that we have to pay, it works out to about the same cost anyways.[/QUOTE]

Assuming you buy all three...

I have 1 copy of I, 2 copies of II and 3 copies of III (by coincidence), and I'd only want the first one so I can have a sealed copy.

...and about 10 copies of the Etrian Odyssey III artbooks.

I wish I had picked up the first one a few months ago when I saw it at Half Price Books for $15. I thought it only went for around $25 so I passed on it.

Man, wish I knew this was happening after all the trouble I went through to get II.

Fun series, it's fundamentally Demon/Dark Souls in 2D.

[quote name='portnoyd']Man, wish I knew this was happening after all the trouble I went through to get II.

Fun series, it's fundamentally Demon/Dark Souls in 2D.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

I love how varying the difficulty can be simply based on your characters skill builds and your party setup.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']is this a reliable website?[/QUOTE]

Seeing how they are on Atlus official site, yes

I managed to get 1 off on AWD for under 30. within the last year, but havent come across 2 at all so i will be picking it up for sure.

I've been building up my DS collection the past several weeks and have avoided getting these because of the prices, so I'm definitely getting the trilogy as soon as it pops up on Amazon. Thanks for the heads-up!

hmm i guess these were up on Amazon for a little while but dont seem to be anymore. Did the 3rd party sellers buy them all up? II is still up through Amazon direct, but I seems to be gone. Damn. Im the one that started this thread and i friggin forgot about this >_

I got mine in from VideoGamesPlus.ca... less than impressed as two of the 3 games are shrink wrapped and looks like they bought them used, and repackaged the games in a clean shell. Anyone else get games in this condition or did they pull the wool over my eyes?

[quote name='shivan128']I got mine in from VideoGamesPlus.ca... less than impressed as two of the 3 games are shrink wrapped and looks like they bought them used, and repackaged the games in a clean shell. Anyone else get games in this condition or did they pull the wool over my eyes?[/QUOTE]

Mine were the same way but I got mine through Amazon. EO 1 was sealed normal but II and III were shrinkwrapped. I thought it was BS too but I feel better about it now that someone else's is the same.

[quote name='Gators300']Mine were the same way but I got mine through Amazon. EO 1 was sealed normal but II and III were shrinkwrapped. I thought it was BS too but I feel better about it now that someone else's is the same.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, I'm not sure I feel any better, but I have yet to open them to see if there really are legitimate games in there. But if you've got the same shrink wrapping, it may just have come this way. Kind of odd to shrink wrap 2 of the 3 games and Y fold the other, especially when they come from the same publisher? Anyway, I will probably dig into these soon after I'm done with Knights of Pen and Paper on my android device (great game by the way, but lots of grinding).

The cheap looking factory wrap is used on a lot of ds games, and some psp games as well. You'll also see it on these reprints as well. My original Etrian Odyssey III has the normal wrapping.

bread's done
Back