Halo 4 $39.99 @ Amazon (Target Price-match)

[quote name='thetruth1983']Dam I hope my son enjoys this. I was planning on going through the co-op with him when we open it on Xmas. Is it really that bad?[/QUOTE]

Don't sweat it, some people are never happy. The game has an 87 on Metacritic and most people I've talked to enjoyed it. I was waiting for it to hit this price. Me and my friend will play the campaign in co-op and then do the Spartan Ops missions together as well. I'm sure it'll be fun.

[quote name='roymustang']Don't sweat it, some people are never happy. The game has an 87 on Metacritic and most people I've talked to enjoyed it. I was waiting for it to hit this price. Me and my friend will play the campaign in co-op and then do the Spartan Ops missions together as well. I'm sure it'll be fun.[/QUOTE]

Cool. He was really bugging me about getting it. I just assumed it was good since all of the other ones were good. I bought it from Amazon back on BF when it came with the $20 credit plus $10 MP3 credit so I guess I got a better deal.

[quote name='roymustang']Don't sweat it, some people are never happy. The game has an 87 on Metacritic and most people I've talked to enjoyed it. I was waiting for it to hit this price. Me and my friend will play the campaign in co-op and then do the Spartan Ops missions together as well. I'm sure it'll be fun.[/QUOTE]
This. Campaign was fun, Spartan Ops is pretty nice too, both are great for co-op.

The problem is the lack of multiplayer maps, allegedly they're going to fix that apart from the DLC maps coming out (which still aren't enough), the variety isn't there right now.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I bought it from Amazon back on BF when it came with the $20 credit plus $10 MP3 credit so I guess I got a better deal.[/QUOTE]

Well that's debatable. The $20 I saved belongs to me whereas the $20 you saved belongs to Amazon. Basically you will have to buy two products at Amazon to get $20 off whereas I get the same $20 savings but on a single product. As for the Mp3 credit, I'm pretty sure it is irrelevant to most people.

[quote name='roymustang']Well that's debatable. The $20 I saved belongs to me whereas the $20 you saved belongs to Amazon. Basically you will have to buy two products at Amazon to get $20 off whereas I get the same $20 savings but on a single product. As for the Mp3 credit, I'm pretty sure it is irrelevant to most people.[/QUOTE]

It was a deal for me since I do a lot of shopping on Amazon. I got a full $20 credit after buying just one Halo 4. I do agree that it's probably much better to pay $39.99 since I could have used the extra 20 at any other store. The MP3 credit comes in handy when I'm looking for a rare song and can't find it free at the usual places =)

Still enjoying the game, and I personally enjoyed the campaign. I still feel taht Halo: Reach had the strongest campaign and story. But Halo 4 is totally worth it at $40 too.

It costs $34.99 if you redeem and use the $5 off $25 promotional credit (if you haven't used it on something else already). Today is the last day you can redeem or spend the credit, so you might as well use it on this so it doesn't go to waste.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Cool. He was really bugging me about getting it. I just assumed it was good since all of the other ones were good. I bought it from Amazon back on BF when it came with the $20 credit plus $10 MP3 credit so I guess I got a better deal.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but the $10 was for Instant Video for me. I thought Halo 4 was great, but I haven't played multiplayer yet. I did solo legendary, then went back to BLOPS 2 multi-

Being someone who has played since the start, it has gone too mainstream and followed COD. The weapon system is plain terrible. Campaign is short at 8 missions. And spartan ops is too repetitive.

[quote name='computingwarren']Being someone who has played since the start, it has gone too mainstream and followed COD. The weapon system is plain terrible. Campaign is short at 8 missions. And spartan ops is too repetitive.[/QUOTE]

Weapon system isn't too bad, but it isn't as balanced as before. I've only played campaign and I used the UNSC sniper once during the missions. WTF. Campaign is a little shorter, but I believe that legendary makes it much, much better.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Will this be this price til Saturday?[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows. It will be at KMart and those other retailers, but Amazon is unknown. Why not buy now w/ $5 off $25?

[quote name='Zolor23']Nobody knows. It will be at KMart and those other retailers, but Amazon is unknown. Why not buy now w/ $5 off $25?[/QUOTE]

because I'm broke til Friday.

the game is pretty good, but the campaign is too melodramatic (and the story is weak) and its pretty repetitive at points. Co-op is still fun though.

if you like small maps there wont be much to keep you on this, though. At this point there are 5 maps for 4v4, and only 2 are actually good. New map pack out soon only has bigger maps as well :/ I love Halo but I've been playing a lot more COD because Halo got boring pretty fast

[quote name='wongjp']Still enjoying the game, and I personally enjoyed the campaign. I still feel taht Halo: Reach had the strongest campaign and story. But Halo 4 is totally worth it at $40 too.[/QUOTE]
This!

All these opinions in this thread.... Hey, I've played Halo since the beginning and this is by far the best campaign out of them all. Halo Reach had the crappiest campaign IMO.

The franchise is in good hands with 343!

[quote name='CHADSTONe']All these opinions in this thread.... Hey, I've played Halo since the beginning and this is by far the best campaign out of them all. Halo Reach had the crappiest campaign IMO.

The franchise is in good hands with 343![/QUOTE]

I don't see how this is anything new. Graphics are way out dated. They should have never done COD style weapon systems.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']Graphics are outdated? Seriously? GTFO.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not exactly out dated, but its been the same since Halo 3. They can do better, but they choose not too.

[quote name='computingwarren']Maybe not exactly out dated, but its been the same since Halo 3. They can do better, but they choose not too.[/QUOTE]

I can name multiple games that stretch the limits of graphics. But graphics are besides the point. They failed with Spartan Ops and a campaign beatable in a day and multiplayer being nothing special, this is a rental.

Not 100% sure if the option is still available, but if you can still link your AMEX card with xbox for this, it makes this deal look even better. $10 credit for just syncing the card, $25 credit for beating campaign by end of January, and $50 credit if you spend $100 @BestBuy for beating 1 mission of Spartan Ops.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']Graphics are outdated? Seriously? GTFO.[/QUOTE]

lol you guys are funny with your speak of console graphics.

[quote name='computingwarren']I can name multiple games that stretch the limits of graphics. But graphics are besides the point. They failed with Spartan Ops and a campaign beatable in a day and multiplayer being nothing special, this is a rental.[/QUOTE]

Do you play fighting games for the campaign too?

[quote name='computingwarren']Maybe not exactly out dated, but its been the same since Halo 3. They can do better, but they choose not too.[/QUOTE]

Seriously been trolling this thread hard. If you knew anything about the redesign of the game you would have never made the graphics comment. Almost every asset was redone for this game. You don't like the game? Fine no reason to be talking shit on this thread.

[quote name='computingwarren']I can name multiple games that stretch the limits of graphics. But graphics are besides the point. They failed with Spartan Ops and a campaign beatable in a day and multiplayer being nothing special, this is a rental.[/QUOTE]

We see you trollin' you hatin' .... Just about any games story is beatable in a day if you sit there and play it all day...

Great price. I bought it at launch and have really enjoyed it. Campaign took almost 8 hours. It was good but sometimes it felt a bit repetitive. Spartan Ops is great for co-op or short sessions since each chapter takes about 10 minutes to finish. I've been playing a lot of Big Team Battle recently and it's awesome. Much better than Reach's.

THANK YOU!!!!

I had the $5 credit which expires after today so I'm glad I waited for the price drop! $34.99 with no taxes and free shipping! :) :applause:

[quote name='confoosious']Do you play fighting games for the campaign too?[/QUOTE]

..yes. Also sports games (though I play those just as much online).

What's wrong with playing a FPS for its SP?

[quote name='confoosious']Do you play fighting games for the campaign too?[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? You only buy Halo for the MP? Especially for a series that has had a shit MP in every game since the disappointment known as H3.

You people need to play more games. Halo 4 has probably some of the best graphics ever seen on the xbox. Not even close to being outdated. Now if you want to compare to pc games...then sure, it's a 7 yr old console.

Just ordered and got an e-mail about a promo credit for Major League Gaming's Game Battles Premium... wha? Was expecting e-mail for $10 instant video credit, but guess that will come later. Anyone else have the same experience?

Campaign isn't all that bad though it's a bit on the short side if you play on anything but legendary solo. The multiplayer while it can be fun the random ordinance drops completely ruin the balance of the game. You could be winning and then the other team gets ordinance drops of binary rifles and incineration cannons which the DMR and standard drops have a real hard time over coming. And 90% of the time you play a map you'll end up playing on Haven because the rest of the maps have horrible balance (Complex CTF anyone) Don't get me wrong it's a good game but it has plenty of faults. Though at this price it's worth it. However at $60 I'd say no, though to be fair the majority of games aren't worth the $60 pricepoint.

bread's done
Back