Amazon Video Games Gold Box - Tuesday, December 11th, 2012

• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#301 eilegz

eilegz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

so far not good deals.... only AC3 which its lower price compared to BF AC3 deal

#302 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Thanksgiving day greenmangaming.com had the Steam version for $22.50.

Nice.

That just gives more reason to believe a lower price isn't that far away for those who can wait and just play other stuff in the meantime. :)

#303 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

lol pm'ed my good man

I'd like to award who gives the most creative response and can be distinguished from all the generic requests, so yes it is quite amusing to me.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#304 DieGo2SHAE

DieGo2SHAE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hm, I wonder what Ninja Gaiden 3 will be at later tonight. Currently at $23.70 so Im thinking $15?

#305 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

and alas, i am too late, for the tendrils of despair have grasped ye code from thine fingertips once more.

bummer.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#306 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

hm, i wonder what ninja gaiden 3 will be at later tonight. Currently at $23.70 so im thinking $15?

lol

#307 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

and alas, i am too late, for the tendrils of despair have grasped ye code from thine fingertips once more.

bummer.

Lmao I know exactly how you feel.. I sent out a few PMs whenever someone posted "first person to PM gets it..." as soon as the post went up, but it seems that my messages are not being sent as my outbox states it is empty every time I check it :/.

Cheers to all of those that were able to benefit from this deal!

#308 PokemonRexRay

PokemonRexRay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Lmao I know exactly how you feel.. I sent out a few PMs whenever someone posted "first person to PM gets it..." as soon as the post went up, but it seems that my messages are not being sent as my outbox states it is empty every time I check it :/.

Cheers to all of those that were able to benefit from this deal!

amazon has been major suckage. They are only good on BF.

the retailer of the year should go to Newegg.com & or microsoft store. I never saw skyrim for $10 until now. New egg got me to get for my best best friend Fallout 3 GOTY for $9.99 which is also the cheapest ive ever seen for a AAA bethesda game. Amazon always picks stupid things during 12 days of christmas. I bet you Just Dance 4 is going to be $10 next week. I cant wait :drool:

#309 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

amazon has been major suckage. They are only good on BF.

the retailer of the year should go to Newegg.com & or microsoft store. I never saw skyrim for $10 until now. New egg got me to get for my best best friend Fallout 3 GOTY for $9.99 which is also the cheapest ive ever seen for a AAA bethesda game. Amazon always picks stupid things during 12 days of christmas. I bet you Just Dance 4 is going to be $10 next week. I cant wait :drool:

Actually, Fallout 3 GOTY was $10 on Amazon too, along with Oblivion GOTY.

#310 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Actually, Fallout 3 GOTY was $10 on Amazon too, along with Oblivion GOTY.

Great price on fallout 3 GOTY. I already have it on PC, any reason to own it on xbox?

#311 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Great price on fallout 3 GOTY. I already have it on PC, any reason to own it on xbox?

No. If you wanna use the 360 controller, the PC version supports it outta the box.
Posted Image

#312 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

pretty bad sales for pc..
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#313 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

pretty bad sales for pc..

Steam.

That is all.

#314 crimsongrey06

crimsongrey06

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

thinking of getting the 3DS tintin for $9.99 as a gift for my nephew. has anyone played the game?

#315 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

No one deserves retailer of the year IMO- amazon was weak, at best pming others but never leading

Newegg was better but too many of their sales relied on promo codes

Best buy continues to have an obtuse customer service

#316 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

No one deserves retailer of the year IMO- amazon was weak, at best pming others but never leading

As one of the people who leaped in on the AC3 Vita deal (as well as others over the course of the year), I gotta disagree. Amazon has been fantastic.

#317 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Best buy is hands down the retailer of the year.
tl

#318 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Best buy is hands down the retailer of the year.

Without the bomb dropped by MS store, then they would be no doubt.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#319 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Dishonored at $30 tempts me but my backlog is large enough that it will
Be sub $20 by the time I get to it.

As for retailer of the year...I gotta go with MS Store for their awesome BF deals, though Amazon was great for me with all my credit.

#320 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Have to full heartily agree with TooPoor, that MS sale was so unbelievable that their own people were shocked and awed, lol.

#321 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

As one of the people who leaped in on the AC3 Vita deal (as well as others over the course of the year), I gotta disagree. Amazon has been fantastic.

gotta love Amazon for Customer Service and yes, the vita deal was insane!

Newegg and Best Buy tie for second place with me (Newegg has no tax.. whereas Best Buy has more deals)

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#322 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Have to full heartily agree with TooPoor, that MS sale was so unbelievable that their own people were shocked and awed, lol.

That Microsost deal proves why PS3 games maintain a higher value. Probably because it's crappy DVD format compared to blu-ray.

needler420.png

#323 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Can you really judge a retailer on one day only where a lot of people, myself included, missed out on? What about the other 364 days of the year?

My vote would go to either Newegg or Best Buy. Newegg since they've had great deals under $20 and new releases for $47.99 ($44.99 for some).

Best Buy has had great dirt cheap deals (two summer blowouts, $10 AAA games using @Gamer coupons, "free" game(s) using @Gamer coupons). For new releases they had decent pre-order bonuses along with $20 in reward zone certificates and at least 30 day price match guarantee. They also have consistently had the best trade in values over the entire year.

Don't get me wrong, if I had been able to get in on the $10 feeding frenzy offered by the Microsoft Store my decision would be closer to yours. You have to look at the whole duration the award's being giving to, and Microsoft comes up short in my opinion.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#324 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Can you really judge a retailer on one day only where a lot of people, myself included, missed out on? What about the other 364 days of the year?

My vote would go to either Newegg or Best Buy. Newegg since they've had great deals under $20 and new releases for $47.99 ($44.99 for some).

Best Buy has had great dirt cheap deals (two summer blowouts, $10 AAA games using @Gamer coupons, "free" game(s) using @Gamer coupons). For new releases they had decent pre-order bonuses along with $20 in reward zone certificates and at least 30 day price match guarantee. They also have consistently had the best trade in values over the entire year.

Don't get me wrong, if I had been able to get in on the $10 feeding frenzy offered by the Microsoft Store my decision would be closer to yours. You have to look at the whole duration the award's being giving to, and Microsoft comes up short in my opinion.

Of course, everyone has different standards. For me, I never buy new releases, unless they are gifts to others, so newegg new games doesn't apply to me, and plus they charge me tax. If counting the entire year, then BBY would be retailer of the year no doubt (last time I defended @Gamer, it even got anzh1zero really mad :lol:), it's just that I'm so cheap that I cram most of my game purchases during Black Friday. And my judgement is somewhat biased since I got in on the $500 XPS 8500, and $600 Alienware at MS store during BF, also the $500 ASUS ultra book from MS store which I'm loving right now, plus, SD&R gives 5% cashback on the MS store to offset most of the taxes, so MS store this year made me a very, very happy man :lol:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#325 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

I agree also people over hype how good the deal was. Skyrim for $10 bucks was a swesome deal and a steal. The other games were discounted compared to other retailers but in general they were just fair deals because the games were shit anyway.

I have no interest in playing another 10 different generic shooters. That dishonored game looks like a big turd.

needler420.png

#326 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

That Microsost deal proves why PS3 games maintain a higher value. Probably because it's crappy DVD format compared to blu-ray.

I agree also people over hype how good the deal was. Skyrim for $10 bucks was a swesome deal and a steal. The other games were discounted compared to other retailers but in general they were just fair deals because the games were shit anyway.

I have no interest in playing another 10 different generic shooters. That dishonored game looks like a big turd.

You seem smart.

#327 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

One awesome day does not make a retailer of the YEAR. Overall dollars spent on gaming, Best Buy in a landslide for me.

#328 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

One awesome day does not make a retailer of the YEAR. Overall dollars spent on gaming, Best Buy in a landslide for me.

Best Buys deals made a lot of money off of me as well.
I think this one will be the last deal and if it is I am getting it.

#329 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Best Buys deals made a lot of money off of me as well.
I think this one will be the last deal and if it is I am getting it.

I think it will be the Tritton Warhead based on the description. Probably on sale from somewhere between 200 and 250 down from 300. It's the only truly wireless 360 headset.

#330 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

You seem smart.

Good deals on a shitty game doesn't make the game less shitty.

2012 sucked for video games. That's why spike gave GOTY to walking dead.

I'm a walking dead fan that collects the single comics for over a year. It's an interactive movie with choices.

needler420.png