Buy Killzone Trilogy Get a controller free (ultimate combo pack) 39.99 Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#91 D1987

D1987

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Thanks OP i saw this in the ad but didnt think too much about it until i saw this thread. Traded Halo 4 to Best Buy and got this for 4.29 after another gift card i had. Traded Killzone to Gamestop and used a $20 off preowned game coupon to snag Far Cry 3 (actually got a dollar back in credit). Good deal to me been wanting to play Far Cry 3 and needed another PS3 controller.

#92 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Flip the collection to gamestop and you get a big chunk of your money back making the camo controller 15$ ! If i didnt have the collection already or if i needed a new controller i would easilly jump on this great deal
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#93 Sunghead

Sunghead

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

a great deal, thanks OP!!
Posted Image

#94 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Picked this up, selling the controller since I don't need another and don't like the camo. Good deal for KZ Trilogy.

#95 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

I wish they'd do this with the Ratchet & Clank Collection+DS3. I'd buy that.

#96 kraken613

kraken613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

My Best Buy was out... :(

#97 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Finally decided to buy one. I'm not crazy about the camo look, but cheap is cheap. I will be trading in the trilogy like everybody else. Put the money towards point cards or PS+ sub or something.

Would Best Buy balk at me taking the game out of the box and trading it in right there?

#98 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

I picked this up during black Friday. I thought it was a good deal because controllers themselves were on sale for $35. Basically for another $5 I got the Killzone Trilogy. I was wanting to play Killzone 3 anyways, and I could use a backup controller.
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#99 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Would Best Buy balk at me taking the game out of the box and trading it in right there?

Most likely yes. They don't accept sealed games (assuming you're opening it in the store) and you'd have to not only open the sealed box, but the Killzone case is sealed also.

If you need confirmation, check the GS (massively increased trade in) thread. It's not a big deal to take it out of the box and pull the plastic off the game to avoid the hassle. I did it on Saturday in the car before I went into the store.

#100 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

They had quite a few of these at my store, picked one up. Was wanting a new controller and the Killzone Trilogy.

www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#101 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Not bad, put an in store order in. $43 with credit, trade KZ HD in for $25+PUR. Dualshock for $15ish

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#102 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Just checked mine that I bought yesterday and saw it has two Killzone 3 disks. Looks like I'll have to exchange it tomorrow.
Posted Image

#103 Clownfyre

Clownfyre

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Just got the Killzone Trilogy Bundle today at BestBuy (San Diego, Chula Vista) for $43.09. Traded the game at Gamestop nearby for $26.10 and my used controller for $24.20. Got a total of $50.30. Really good deal if you need a new controller. Thanks OP!

#104 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

If you do two separate orders, can you buy two of these? They limit the cart to 1, but I see that I can put another one in after having purchased one. I'm wondering if they would cancel it.

#105 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Does the old Sony Six Axis controller trade in for the same $24.20 as DS3's? Or is there some weird thing where they're worth more because they're not made anymore?

#106 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

They are worth less, because they are crappy and not made anymore.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#107 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Just checked mine that I bought yesterday and saw it has two Killzone 3 disks. Looks like I'll have to exchange it tomorrow.

Huh? Like two copies of the game....you sure

#108 xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion

Fraud Detector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

If you do two separate orders, can you buy two of these? They limit the cart to 1, but I see that I can put another one in after having purchased one. I'm wondering if they would cancel it.

Works fine. Did it yesterday with no problems during pick up.

#109 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Most likely yes. They don't accept sealed games (assuming you're opening it in the store) and you'd have to not only open the sealed box, but the Killzone case is sealed also.

If you need confirmation, check the GS (massively increased trade in) thread. It's not a big deal to take it out of the box and pull the plastic off the game to avoid the hassle. I did it on Saturday in the car before I went into the store.

Do the above. I've opened new games in gamestops before, and have been refused. It's ridiculous because the policy's in place for stolen items, not items just purchased.

Play it overly cautious with the ninnies that work at GSs. Hell, I'd venture to another GS, just to be certain.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#110 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Why the Fuck would I make that up? I'm not a retard.
Posted Image

#111 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

Great deal. I also traded in the KZ trilogy and the older controller I was replacing to GS for $50. The only problem with this deal is that the digital camo controller is ridiculously ugly, but oh well.
tl

#112 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

It's not like it doesn't happen. A friend once bought a new, sealed copy of Resident Evil 4, and it had no disc in the case (it wasn't shrink wrapped either- it was in the normal, folded wrapper (dunno what that type of wrapping is called)). It's not as if 'mistakes' can't happen when games get packaged.

Didn't ME2 discs also recently end up in the PC version of CoD BlOps 2?

#113 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

It's happened to a few people. One disc is KZ1 and 2. The other is KZ3. For some reason, some copies have a second disc of KZ3 instead of the KZ1 and 2 disc.

I just swapped out my bad copy the other day.

#114 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

They are worth less, because they are crappy and not made anymore.

How much less?

#115 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

Is it safe to assume that the Best Buy trade in value isn't worth it compared to Gamestops?

#116 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

My bundle didn't come with a charging cable, is that normal?
Posted Image

#117 hslin

hslin

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Yes, no charging cable included (mines didn't either).

#118 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

My bundle didn't come with a charging cable, is that normal?

It's normal.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#119 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

Picked up my copy and checked and this store still had about 5 or 6 more. I guess everybody hates the camo controller. :)

#120 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Picked up my copy and checked and this store still had about 5 or 6 more. I guess everybody hates the camo controller. :)

Don't know about others, I couldn't imagine it sitting on the sofa without making the living room look ugly.

Unless you living room has a war theme.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png