Buy Killzone Trilogy Get a controller free (ultimate combo pack) 39.99 Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#121 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Why the Fuck would I make that up? I'm not a retard.

Hey calm ur tits that guy wasnt even being a ass to you he was just reconfirming what you just said... Its rare to get 2x copy of a game thats in a fkin dualshock combo package... Dam guy. Proab bought the wrong thing anyway

#122 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

I just bought this and thinking to trade in the old black DS3 that still works perfectly, but now hearing about these new DS3 being lower quality than the old one, i might just resell it.

#123 shadow763

shadow763

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

Has it been confirmed whether the game does state "Not for resale" on the packaging? Just thinking of possible trade in options that are not GameStop.

#124 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

Don't know about others, I couldn't imagine it sitting on the sofa without making the living room look ugly.

Unless you living room has a war theme.

It is ugly, but after selling KZTri it will be a cheap, ugly controller. :) Maybe I'll cover it with a tissue when not in use. ;)

Crunchewy.png

#125 RoyFrugalton

RoyFrugalton

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

Has it been confirmed whether the game does state "Not for resale" on the packaging? Just thinking of possible trade in options that are not GameStop.

I can confirm it says "Not for Resale" with an all zeros UPC code. You can probably put it Craigslist & ebay all day with no issues. People just want a brand new game and the unused codes.

I've enjoyed the $26 killzone trilogy credit at GS, and sold the camo controller for $40. nice & easy flip.

#126 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

Yeah, its not the prettiest but I'm not going to pass up a $15 controller.

Also, I was surprised to see no one mention the dlc voucher. For those of you that already own KZ2 and 3 but don't own the dlc you can use the voucher with your original copies after you trade in the trilogy.

#127 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

Hey calm ur tits that guy wasnt even being a ass to you he was just reconfirming what you just said... Its rare to get 2x copy of a game thats in a fkin dualshock combo package... Dam guy. Proab bought the wrong thing anyway

Considering it's been mentioned multiple times in this thread, it's not my fault he's an idiot. And are you telling me I bought the wrong thing? I can't tell with your horrific grammar.
Posted Image

#128 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

Best Buy will take it back but you'd have to pull the cover art so that they don't see the 'not for resale' coding.

#129 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

It is ugly, but after selling KZTri it will be a cheap, ugly controller. :) Maybe I'll cover it with a tissue when not in use. ;)

Well, can't argue with that.
Also, if anybody is interested in selling or trading KZ3 only, let me know.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#130 J7.

J7.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

Don't know about others, I couldn't imagine it sitting on the sofa without making the living room look ugly.

Unless you living room has a war theme.

I like it better than all the other DS3 designs. I just think of it as my MGS controller. It's like these pictures http://t1.gstatic.co...fndNo9hvzrNt2F5

when I look at all the small pixels on the controller it's ugly but when I look at the entire controller it's good looking.

How much less?

The Gamestop TIV thread has the values for the DS3 and the Six Axis.

#131 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

hope this comes back for shipping gah

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#132 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

I just bought this and thinking to trade in the old black DS3 that still works perfectly, but now hearing about these new DS3 being lower quality than the old one, i might just resell it.

pretty sure that's just hearsay. they aren't lower quality than the other colors, just uglier.
tl

#133 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Gamestop still giving 25 as of a few minutes ago PST.

#134 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

Gamestop still giving 25 as of a few minutes ago PST.

base value is $22, do you need to be PUR pro to get $25? how about the free PUR?

#135 J7.

J7.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

base value is $22, do you need to be PUR pro to get $25? how about the free PUR?

Base value for the Dualshock 3 is $22. Base value for Killzone Trilogy is $11 (looks at receipt 26.10-1.1-14 promo= $11). But according to the site ALL PUR members get the $25 Promo Value, PUR Pro just get 10% extra on that from the fine print on the page.
http://www.powerupre...dex/TradeValues

#136 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

Nice find the Dualshock 3 alone is worth more then 40$. Im surprised at this deal. I could buy it right now if I wanted to but saving up for presents so it's a no deal this time. Hopefully they have another sell like this on another pack, Im hoping a white pack I realy want a white Dualshock 3.

kikyou1.png

#137 bige562

bige562

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

I picked one up and traded both the game and controller to gamestop and got a little over $56. Picked up Halo 4 since it was the deal of the day yesterday at $39.99 and took advantage of the 30% promo for trading in anything towards a new game on the promo list. So in the end I got $26 and some change for the game and $30 and some change for the controller.

#138 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

They should take it regardless. They're supposed to at least, unless you get a dumb employee (which has happened to me before).

All that the 'not for resale' label means (which is only on the back of games that come in bundles) is that the store cannot take the bundle and separate the items in order to sell them for more. So if a PS3 were bundled with a game for $200, the PS3 costs $250 by itself, and the game costs $60 by itself, the store cannot separate the bundle in order to make $110 more than they would selling the bundle.

It's the same as the 'do not remove this tag' tags on mattresses. It only applies to the retailer that bought the item to sell originally.

#139 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

Is it safe to assume that the Best Buy trade in value isn't worth it compared to Gamestops?

It's currently $14. Full bonuses make it $22.40. So it's a $4 potential loss unless you value gas cost distance or BBY business/selection instead of GS.

#140 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

It's currently $14. Full bonuses make it $22.40. So it's a $4 potential loss unless you value gas cost distance or BBY business/selection instead of GS.

i assume its the 50% bonus, base value of killzone trilogy is $14 so don't you get $21? while $25 at gamestop. hmmm to be honest I would prefer bestbuy, gamestop prices are way overpriced

#141 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

I picked one up and traded both the game and controller to gamestop and got a little over $56. Picked up Halo 4 since it was the deal of the day yesterday at $39.99 and took advantage of the 30% promo for trading in anything towards a new game on the promo list. So in the end I got $26 and some change for the game and $30 and some change for the controller.

How did u get over $56?

Killzone Tril - $26.10 after promo and PUR
Contoller -$24.20 (22 + 10% PUR)

#142 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

How did u get over $56?

Killzone Tril - $26.10 after promo and PUR
Contoller -$24.20 (22 + 10% PUR)

He explained how, with the extra 30% on the controller.

Killzone Trilogy- $26

Dualshock 3- 30.80

So 56.80, which is what I got today when I did the same thing.

#143 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

I don't have any Killzones and could use a new PS3 controller... win for me, thanks OP. :)

I don't mind how the controller looks... it will make it easy to know which one is my new one, lol... after a bit I get all the black ones confused. ;)
Gamers Unite... VOTE!
http://videogamevoters.org/

#144 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

He explained how, with the extra 30% on the controller.

Killzone Trilogy- $26

Dualshock 3- 30.80

So 56.80, which is what I got today when I did the same thing.

Wow...I've missed some things "right in my face" before but this one takes the cake...musta been a long day 4 the kid.

Thanks man!

#145 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

i assume its the 50% bonus, base value of killzone trilogy is $14 so don't you get $21? while $25 at gamestop. hmmm to be honest I would prefer bestbuy, gamestop prices are way overpriced

Aren't we all Unlocked (22.40) and Pro (26.10)? ;)

#146 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Instead of trading in, I sold my copy of KZTri on amazon. Made just over $20 after fees and shipping, but it's cash going to my bank account, not credit locked into a certain store.

Crunchewy.png

#147 boostlag

boostlag

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

I put it towards GTAV, was gonna buy it on launch anyways, with that and trade in my old dual shock its not shabby at all.

#148 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm thinking about going back and picking up another one so we have four controllers. It was easy selling KZTri on Amazon, but I might try selling on Ebay this time. I might get a little more for it, I think.

Crunchewy.png

#149 harrahs80

harrahs80

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

iam all over this with my 40 dollar print out coupons from preorders best buy took about 80 percent of my business this christmas :bouncy:

#150 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

I successfully exchanged my copy for a new one today at Best Buy. The guy even opened up the new one just to make sure it didn't have two Killzone 3 disks.
Posted Image