Photo
- - - - -

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward free with any Vita bundle, including 3G PS+ bundle

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#1 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=B002I0JZOC

Bundle options include CoDBOD, Assassin's Creed Liberation, Madden NFL 13 and the new 3G bundle with a year of PS+ and Unit 13. Also the original WiFi model. Ha.

Deal runs until midnight Saturay the 15th, or while supplies last.

Edited by Graff^, 24 March 2013 - 05:36 PM.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#2 luxuria

luxuria

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Pretty nice. A bundle that includes a game that is actually good.

#3 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

I'm a huge Vita fan but I am absolutely SHOCKED that sony made a new 3G bundle/model. I wonder if this means they will be developing new features / applications that support 3G? It's pretty bare right now...

#4 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

I'm a huge Vita fan but I am absolutely SHOCKED that sony made a new 3G bundle/model.

I'd wager it was part of their agreement with AT&T as AT&T's way of assuring that Sony would push out the consoles so AT&T could get some sweet, sweet subscriber money.

#5 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

profit the profit for 3G is higher than regular wifi model.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#6 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

If I had the money I'd get the Assassin's Creed Liberation bundle. Then again, I kind of hope the watch bundle for Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward comes back.

#7 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

They'll have to do better than this to get people to get a vita with the BF bundle(s) still in recent memory.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#8 JimmyJim

JimmyJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Comparing this to the BF deal that pass'd
199bundle plus zero escape 39.99
comes out to about the same price as this
still pretty good. but after tax comes out to 270 for me
Aaarrrrg. dont know if i should pull the trigger....
I've smash'd insects more evil!

#9 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Man, wish I had Amazon credit. Too much GS credit, want a Vita, but no sales there.

Do I have to play 999 to 'get' Zero Escape (and is the Vita version supposed to be 'better' than the 3DS one?)?

#10 Lei

Lei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

this is very nice if you missed the black friday deal

#11 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Man, wish I had Amazon credit. Too much GS credit, want a Vita, but no sales there.

Do I have to play 999 to 'get' Zero Escape (and is the Vita version supposed to be 'better' than the 3DS one?)?

I don't think so. I just started Zero Escape and it seems pretty standalone. I'm sure like most things, having played the previous game helps but I don't think it's essential.

Vita version has no bugs.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#12 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

where are you guys seeing a $199 console that comes with ZE: VLR? All the eligible consoles on the promo page are $249.99 or $299.99

#13 SOLDIER

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Don't suppose anyone who bought the BF bundle could convince them to honor purchases with Zero Escape?

#14 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

I don't think so. I just started Zero Escape and it seems pretty standalone. I'm sure like most things, having played the previous game helps but I don't think it's essential.

Finish the game first. Playing 999 first is a must

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#15 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Yeah, if I could have played VLR on the Vita instead of the 3DS, I'd have chosen the Vita in a heartbeat due to it's lack of save-corrupting, game-crashing bug.

I'm so angry that my game crashed in the PEC Room, even when I just closed the DS (didn't "save" at all!). Lost that entire playthrough because I hadn't saved up to that point (Yes, that's my fault. I know XD).

Haven't played it since, but will pick it up after finals.

#16 JimmyJim

JimmyJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

where are you guys seeing a $199 console that comes with ZE: VLR? All the eligible consoles on the promo page are $249.99 or $299.99

There isnt one. The 199bundle was referring to the deals that came out on BF.
I was simply stating that, even comparing this deal to the 199 BF with a purchase of ZeroEscape, comes out to the same price as this.
I've smash'd insects more evil!

#17 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Thanks for the 999 and Zero Escape info, makes my choice a bit easier. Just need to decide which bundle to get. Probably whichever has the better game to trade in here, BB, or GS. Really want PS+, but might just pay out of pocket for it since that bundle costs a bit more I think and I know I won't use the 3G.

I think people are saying this is like getting the console for $199 if you planned on picking this game up anyway.

#18 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

You definitely should play 999 before playing VLR if you can.

Also, I love this game but honestly this bundle deal isn't very good. Find a better deal on a Vita and buy the game separate.

#19 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

you dont have to play 999 and the vita version is easily superior

#20 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Actually you do need to play 999 first

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#21 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

The first one was amazing, "have to" should be replaced with "want to". You should want to play the first game, cuz it's good. Plus it's only $20.
Posted Image

#22 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Everybunny needs to hop on this deal ;)

VLR is a DIRECT sequel to 999. Yes, you can play VLR first, however it will not have the same emotional impact if you don't, which is pretty essential to a Visual Novel series like this....

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#23 ninjab0yyyy13

ninjab0yyyy13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Don't suppose anyone who bought the BF bundle could convince them to honor purchases with Zero Escape?

I was wondering the same thing. I bought the BF assassin's creed bundle too

#24 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

Yeah... don't listen to the first part of what this guy is saying. I'm only part way into it and it's obvious that you should play 999 before you play this one.

I do agree that the Vita version is superior if for no other reason than the face that it doesn't have a save bug. Also it looks better.

#25 SOLDIER

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

I was wondering the same thing. I bought the BF assassin's creed bundle too

Just asked an Amazon rep over chat about it. No dice.

#26 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

It's not essential to play 999 first, but not playing it first is like shooting yourself in the foot.. intentionally. You'll lose out on the experience (and probably enjoy the sequel less), and it'll spoil the first game for you so if you ever do decide you want to play the first game (which I liked more than VLR), you'll hate yourself for spoiling a lot of it. Both games are great, but I highly suggest playing both in order.

Edited by spoderman, 11 December 2012 - 08:17 AM.

#27 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Watch a 999 walkthrough

#28 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

The first one was amazing, "have to" should be replaced with "want to". You should want to play the first game, cuz it's good. Plus it's only $20.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying I don't want to because I really do, I just wanted to know if I it was a requirement for this game so I would be sure to order it with the Vita rather than waiting or putting it in my backlog.

#29 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Damn, is the AC3 bundle not a part of the promo anymore or is it out of stock? Not seeing it on the first page. Guess I'll just go CoD since that should have a decent TIV.

#30 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Watch a 999 walkthrough

Watching a walkthrough for 999 is pointless IMO. 999 is just as good as VLR, there really is no good reason to skip it. A walkthrough would spoil the experience..

I could see people skipping it if they don't own a DS, but in that case.. I'd just borrow a DS, or wait until you get a cheap DS/3DS.

Listen to this guy.