Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/9 to 12/15) $40 Off All 3DS Systems at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#391 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

I'd like to hope I Didn't just get lucky...

I'll try later this week, it doesn't matter to me whether I get it or not, I already tried twice in store. I kinda just gave up. I did buy it when they said they'll meet me half way and give me two games for $50 and a $40 GC, but I'm returning that. $30 a game isn't the greatest.

Oh, and can we pay with GCs over the phone?

#392 vVTwizzlerVv

vVTwizzlerVv

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Is it possible to use the gift card on that same purchase?

#393 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

No, I believe they had to finish the transaction to activate the GC

#394 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

No, they are mailing me the gc like the games, Its on currently still processing.
But yeah, I just figure a phone call in your boxers at home is easier and less stressful/shady then trying to dodge non-approving managers in like 2+ seprate stores. Hoping Farcry 3 drops in price somewhere, they don't pm frys apparently, so I can get that pmed later this week from somewhere before this ends.

#395 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

No, I believe they had to finish the transaction to activate the GC

the way I did it I wont even get the gc for a week+ said between the 20th and the 26th...

#396 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

the way I did it I wont even get the gc for a week+ said between the 20th and the 26th...

So, your games+GC are being shipped, right?

#397 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

So, your games+GC are being shipped, right?

I just pmed amazons AC3 and halo 4 at bb over the phone, with the 40$ gc too, $77 shipped, $37 if you subtract the giftcards value.

No, they are mailing me the gc like the games, Its on currently still processing.
But yeah, I just figure a phone call in your boxers at home is easier and less stressful/shady then trying to dodge non-approving managers in like 2+ seprate stores. Hoping Farcry 3 drops in price somewhere, they don't pm frys apparently, so I can get that pmed later this week from somewhere before this ends.

#398 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

Ahhh, ok, studying+reading CAG isn't very easy for me, i guess

#399 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Yeah over the phone If you do it before you've purchased, you gotta get it shipped to you, shippings free though, but I prefer to save the ammount being pmed, then spend it and try for it pmed back, this way if they dont pm im not stuck having paid full price.

#400 Twista48

Twista48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

is that Best Buy deal available in store as well? for some reason the card wont go into my cart even though I saw it there once already and accidentally removed it

TheTwistadOne48.png

#401 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

is that Best Buy deal available in store as well? for some reason the card wont go into my cart even though I saw it there once already and accidentally removed it

Yes. The $40 GC is in-store.

#402 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Congrats to those you got in on the 40GC PM deal... Just wanted to add, I believe the CS rep was referring to this policy http://www.bestbuy.c...cat290300050001
to deny my PM on the phone. PRetty stupid of BB to send us an email about there competitive PM and then change the policy. :/ I will try my luck in store tomorrow and hopefully have better luck there.

edit: Looks to me, BB has added more restrictions to PM for the holidays.

"
Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy is currently running a Low Price Guarantee this holiday season. Look for the Low Price Guarantee badge next to qualifying products on BestBuy.com.

Appliance and electronics hardware products available in both Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store.

Most products only available from Best Buy at BestBuy.com ("Online Only Products") qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store. Online Only Products are products with the designation "From our Expanded Online Assortment" on the product description page. Online Only music, movies, games, mobile phones, digital downloads, pre-order, and refurbished products and products from Marketplace vendors on BestBuy.com do not qualify for the Low Price Guarantee."

**edit:
BB may probably do away PM online soon, :(

"Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?

No. Unless Best Buy is running a test or promotion under this Guarantee that allows for Price Matching Internet retailers, we do not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met). "r

Edited by k1ngster, 12 December 2012 - 10:41 AM.

#403 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Congrats to those you got in on the 40GC PM deal... Just wanted to add, I believe the CS rep was referring to this policy http://www.bestbuy.c...cat290300050001
to deny my PM on the phone. PRetty stupid of BB to send us an email about there competitive PM and then change the policy. :/ I will try my luck in store tomorrow and hopefully have better luck there.

edit: Looks to me, BB has added more restrictions to PM for the holidays.

"
Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy is currently running a Low Price Guarantee this holiday season. Look for the Low Price Guarantee badge next to qualifying products on BestBuy.com.

Appliance and electronics hardware products available in both Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store.

Most products only available from Best Buy at BestBuy.com ("Online Only Products") qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store. Online Only Products are products with the designation "From our Expanded Online Assortment" on the product description page. Online Only music, movies, games, mobile phones, digital downloads, pre-order, and refurbished products and products from Marketplace vendors on BestBuy.com do not qualify for the Low Price Guarantee."

**edit:
BB may probably do away PM online soon, :(

"Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?

No. Unless Best Buy is running a test or promotion under this Guarantee that allows for Price Matching Internet retailers, we do not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met). "r

Doesn't say games are excluded.

#404 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Doesn't say games are excluded.

It doesn't claim they are included in the test promo. By default then they would fall under the "no we don't price match online vendors" clause earlier in the policy.

This is what is included
"For the above promotions, the Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com.

Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles."

Yep I don't see Video Games anywhere.

#405 BrokeBrewer

BrokeBrewer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

In for Halo 4!

#406 Zeferino64

Zeferino64

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

After having a manager (or whatever he was - he was running the guest services counter) confirm that I do get the GC after price matching, the electronics cashier went back to his register and scanned the 3DS then scanned the GC which was automatically added as $20 then immediately discounted in the system. Then he selected the 3DS on the computer and adjusted the price. The machine or system didn't flinch and no supervisor override was needed. I don't see how they can say the system will not allow it?

Maybe ask them to try again in that order? Though I don't imagine they like being told by customers how to ring up the merchandise :D

EDIT: oh, I see you are an employee. That is bs on their part.

So can you get it for $160 and the gift card? Mine did the price match but instead took $20 off and used the $20 gift card on the system. I'm going to a different target see if I can get the gift card there if I was meant to get one.

EDIT great I lost my receipt, is there a way to do this without one?

Edited by Zeferino64, 13 December 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#407 deathfromace

deathfromace

Sega Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

I'm sure not all stores are like mine but we can price match almost every online retailer and if we price match one that we don't officially have to most of the time the manager at the store will agree to keep the business and make the sale.

I was able to get a very nice couple a blue 3DS XL and a copy of Mario Kart 7 for 159.99 as we were out of the bundle they wanted being the blue 3DS XL with a copy of MK 7 in it. So we were able to make the game one cent to match the bundle we ran out of.

Most things in the store can be done it just depends if the manager wants to do it or not...and if you have a gaming employee like myself that cares to help people out.

Looking for a CIB Shining Force 2 for the Sega Genesis

Trade List - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330011

A list of almost everything I own - https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing - Updated 3/24/2014

#408 giggle8803

giggle8803

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

So can you get it for $160 and the gift card? Mine did the price match but instead took $20 off and used the $20 gift card on the system. I'm going to a different target see if I can get the gift card there if I was meant to get one.

EDIT great I lost my receipt, is there a way to do this without one?

at Target? : If you paid with a debit or credit card they should be able to look up your transaction in their computer system without your receipt, just bring your card.

I'm sure not all stores are like mine but we can price match almost every online retailer and if we price match one that we don't officially have to most of the time the manager at the store will agree to keep the business and make the sale.

I was able to get a very nice couple a blue 3DS XL and a copy of Mario Kart 7 for 159.99 as we were out of the bundle they wanted being the blue 3DS XL with a copy of MK 7 in it. So we were able to make the game one cent to match the bundle we ran out of.

Most things in the store can be done it just depends if the manager wants to do it or not...and if you have a gaming employee like myself that cares to help people out.

WOW That's a great way of getting the deal when the bundle is oos. Very cool of the manager thinking outside of the box.

#409 Zeferino64

Zeferino64

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

at Target? : If you paid with a debit or credit card they should be able to look up your transaction in their computer system without your receipt, just bring your card.

WOW That's a great way of getting the deal when the bundle is oos. Very cool of the manager thinking outside of the box.

Does it have to be the same target? I would rather try a different one and you know what I can do to get the gift card?

#410 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

What is the $20 gift card deal? Is it over?

#411 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

What is the $20 gift card deal? Is it over?

Target price match.

#412 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Went to the Super Kmart in Mentor, OH and got a copy of New Super Mario Bros 2 for Christmas. There were only 3 left. There were a few copies of Mario Kart 7, but the other games were cleaned out.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#413 deathfromace

deathfromace

Sega Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Just had a few people come in today to trade-in the Killzone Trilogy without a case so odds are it was part of the controller pack. Funny to see it happen to me a day after I see it on here :D

Looking for a CIB Shining Force 2 for the Sega Genesis

Trade List - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330011

A list of almost everything I own - https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing - Updated 3/24/2014

#414 drakedangerz

drakedangerz

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will Best Buy PM and also do their $20 off promotion for buying select 3DS games? Looking to pick up Super Mario 3D Land and Paper Mario and saw that Kmart has them both for $30 instead.

Thanks!

#415 guaglio

guaglio

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will Best Buy PM and also do their $20 off promotion for buying select 3DS games? Looking to pick up Super Mario 3D Land and Paper Mario and saw that Kmart has them both for $30 instead.

Thanks!

It worked for me the other day.

#416 Zeferino64

Zeferino64

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Target price match.

It has nothing to do with that. The $20 gift card is target deal for getting the system.

The price matching is getting best buy's deal of $160 and still get target's $20 gift card deal. Though I see people got but for me that didn't happen. Getting nowhere on how to get it. Will contacting Target help?

#417 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

Is there any way of ordering the K-mart 250gb 360/ extra controller bundle online? I tried to PM at BB today and they wouldn't do it, and I see no way to order it online from K-mart. If not, will Wal-mart or Target PM a free item like this?

#418 Yineinjeru

Yineinjeru

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

I just bought the 3ds XL mario kart bundle for 159.99 at best buy thanks OP!

#419 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

It has nothing to do with that. The $20 gift card is target deal for getting the system.

The price matching is getting best buy's deal of $160 and still get target's $20 gift card deal. Though I see people got but for me that didn't happen. Getting nowhere on how to get it. Will contacting Target help?

If you have been following the thread you'd know that's exactly what was meant. No need to cause confusion.

#420 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

I still haven't even started Darksiders 2 which I got on black friday.