Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/9 to 12/15) $40 Off All 3DS Systems at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#91 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

I bought it at Best Buy a few weeks ago. Never done the price match thing -- do I just go in-store with the receipt?

Yup :) Go to customer service next week, say "it's $20 less this week" and they'll give you $20+tax. If you don't have a receipt, they can look up your purchase with reward zone or possibly your credit card. Quicker if you have a receipt though.

#92 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Yes, because you're "protected" under the Holiday Price Match guarantee. Just bring your receipt to the store when the deal goes live and you should be fine.

Thanks for the info, Vigilante.

card.png

#93 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for the early ad, MidnightMetal.

I may just stop going back and forth on the 3DS XL and pick one up.

#94 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yup :) Go to customer service next week, say "it's $20 less this week" and they'll give you $20+tax. If you don't have a receipt, they can look up your purchase with reward zone or possibly your credit card. Quicker if you have a receipt though.

You are amazing. Thank you for the heads up.
Posted Image

#95 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Feel so stupid for not preordering CoD with the GCU bonus. Now I have to keep hunting around for a decent deal on this damn game.

#96 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Damn it, just bought Darksiders 2 for $51 (15% off of $60) on the WiiU this past Sunday during their "RZ members only" event at a local BB. If I ask them to price match will they just refund me $1 or will they refund me ~$7.50 (Sale price of $50 - 15%)?!? If it's the former then not worth it for me. Thanks!
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#97 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Did I miss what the trade in bonus will be?

#98 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Damn it, just bought Darksiders 2 for $51 (15% off of $60) on the WiiU this past Sunday during their "RZ members only" event at a local BB. If I ask them to price match will they just refund me $1 or will they refund me ~$7.50 (Sale price of $50 - 15%)?!? If it's the former then not worth it for me. Thanks!

$1. When they PM, the PM to the current price and current promotions.

#99 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

$1. When they PM, the PM to the current price and current promotions.

Damn it again! Thanks for the info.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#100 Mikeatris

Mikeatris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Probably because it's still new. I already have Nintendoland and NSMBU but I would like to rebuy AC3/Batman and also pick up Scribblenauts for the Wii U but I'm not going to pay full price for them.

^^^this. I already have the same games plus Fifa. I do want Madden but I do not want to double dip as I have it for the 360. GS has like 4 games coming out for the Wii this yr and nothing really until March. I am starting to regret I bought it so soon as there is absolutely nothing that I would pay full price for it just yet.

#101 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Nintendo 3DS XL>>>>>$159.99

Sweet, Darn horrible colors****

*New Pink/White 3DS XL Lauches 12/9 as well*

Might have to think about it now, just wish it was purple.

#102 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

I preordered a copy of Far Cry 3 online for store pickup. What's the best way of purchasing another game so that I can price match next week with minimal hassle?

#103 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

I preordered a copy of Far Cry 3 online for store pickup. What's the best way of purchasing another game so that I can price match next week with minimal hassle?

If u got far cry for the $20 RZ offer trying to get the $40 will kill the $20 w/o phone CS bending the rules in 30 days. If u just want the $40 GC just buy 2 games ago & return the 2nd Far cry using the in-store p/u receipt.

To be honest the $40 GC isn't really a good deal if you're good at getting pm's since you're stuck paying full price for both games. I'd much rather pm each title to $40 or less($80 total w/possible $20 credit) vs $120 w/$40 credit but that's just me. $120 gets me at least 3 games

#104 isr34l

isr34l

The Business Bitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

Are you sure about the no-receipt thing? I want to PM my copy of Black Ops, but lost my receipt :-#

#105 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

Guess i need to PM this on Sunday too

#106 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I got two Halo 4's from BBY. $40 for meeeeee!

<p>194619.png

#107 hostyl1

hostyl1

Rejoice commoners!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

Are you sure about the no-receipt thing? I want to PM my copy of Black Ops, but lost my receipt :-#

If you have a RZ #, they can reprint your receipts at will w/ just a little info (I did it when one of my receipts faded). It's a little harder w/ just a credit card, but I've seen it done at other retailers (I've done it at Target). If you used cash, I dont know how they'd track that.

BTW: If you have a RZ# you can get the receipt number from myrz.com and make it easier for the CS rep to pull up the specific receipt.
Posted Image

#108 Nova9000

Nova9000

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

Is there a possibility that Amazon will price match Halo 4 on Sunday?

#109 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

I doubt it. They might do a $20 credit with $10 AIV credit.

#110 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

Probably not since Kmart sucks.

#111 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

This will mark the first time I use the extended PM policy for Silver members.

Gotta call this one in though... since it was a dot com order.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#112 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

Just traded my copy back to Best Buy for $39. If I can find my receipt, I'll PM to get an extra $20.

#113 DustBoogie

DustBoogie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

This will mark the first time I use the extended PM policy for Silver members.

Gotta call this one in though... since it was a dot com order.

So that's how I do it? I preordered online and wasn't entirely sure how to go about price matching for this one. I saw a phone number on their website. What will I need to prove to them the price when I call?

#114 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Just traded my copy back to Best Buy for $39. If I can find my receipt, I'll PM to get an extra $20.

If you used your reward zone they can look it up and reprint it.

#115 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

Got the Sears ad in today and they had a similar Halo deal with one caveat.

:360: Halo 4 - $49.99 for non-Shop Your Way Reward members and $39.99 for SYWR members. Membership is free so yeah, there's no reason for you to not get the cheaper price.

Price is valid on 12/9 - 12/15 as well.

#116 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

So that's how I do it? I preordered online and wasn't entirely sure how to go about price matching for this one. I saw a phone number on their website. What will I need to prove to them the price when I call?

You call their regular toll free number and speak to an associate.

I've done this only once before, and it was pretty simple. Took no longer than 10 minutes.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#117 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

If you used your reward zone they can look it up and reprint it.

Really? Sweet!

#118 s2k

s2k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

If you bought it from bb wouldn't the 30 day policy be up by the 9th? For none silver members?

#119 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

If you bought it from bb wouldn't the 30 day policy be up by the 9th? For none silver members?

Normally, yes, but Halo 4 falls under their Holiday Price Match Policy. Anything purchased after Sunday, November 4th can be price matched up until January 24th.

#120 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

SYWR free to sign up?