Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/9 to 12/15) $40 Off All 3DS Systems at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#181 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

Why is everyone saying "terrible colors"? I'm lovin' that Red/Black combination... Grrr~

In any case, anyone know if this'll include online? I was gonna take advantage of Target's $130 3DS but they didn't have it online, and I'm in Argentina trying to get a friend of my dad's to bring it over, and I simply can't ask him to go pick it up at a store, so...

Well, BB currently IS shipping 3DSes and XLs, but... I dunno, anyone got any clue? Thanks in advance :3

If this works for online, a Red/Black 3DS with Layton and the Miracle Mas and New Super Mario Bros 2 will be mine next week.

Excellent choice! Those were the two games I bought when I picked up my 3DS XL a few weeks back and I was not disappointed.
Posted Image

#182 GameSmacker

GameSmacker

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Was hoping to pricematch my 3DS XL MK7 Bundle at Fry's for 159.99 after buying it for $179.99 earlier this week.

Doesn't look like that is going to happen anywhere though unless I get really lucky with a cashier. Fry's and every other retailer seems to have clearly divided there 3DS XL prices from their 3DS XL MK7 bundle prices.

#183 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

im assuming "kmart award card" are the random $3-$5 promos they are giving out? got blops 2 today when stacking my coupons and had some of those on my receipt. $27.21 out of pocket :)

#184 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

So I'm in for Mario Kart 7, which forces me to choose between Paper Mario Sticker Star and Super Mario 3D Land (already have Layton and NSMB2). Anyone recommend one over the other?
Posted Image

#185 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

If I trade in Blops 2 for Far Cry 3 can I still get the 49.99 PM? Otherwise I'll wait to PM and trade in next week.

#186 fullmetalsodapop

fullmetalsodapop

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

I just bought the 3ds XL Mario Kart Bundle at TRU this week (still unopened, came with $30 GC). I wonder if I could get TRU to price match BB's 159.99 deal.

#187 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Lonedrifter1989: Post referral links in the referral section.

#188 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

I should have waited a few more days to pick up Dishonored. Missing out on the PM by 1 day.

Just try it anyway. Most people I've encountered (I'm assuming you're talking about Best Buy) don't take the time to count. Even if they did, I don't think they would bust your balls about one day.. though they could.

#189 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

time to pm halo, would it be too late to pm dishonored?

#190 stickyfeet

stickyfeet

Don't panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

If I trade in Blops 2 for Far Cry 3 can I still get the 49.99 PM? Otherwise I'll wait to PM and trade in next week.

Yes with receipt or have them look it up on rewards account.

#191 Owlmanus

Owlmanus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Anyone try the PS3 controller bundle yet in store? Also, is this going to be online? Thank you.

#192 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

time to pm halo, would it be too late to pm dishonored?

If you bought it day 1 and you're a silver member, you miss it by one day. But, as I said above, it doesn't hurt to try (right away on Sunday).

#193 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

So I'm in for Mario Kart 7, which forces me to choose between Paper Mario Sticker Star and Super Mario 3D Land (already have Layton and NSMB2). Anyone recommend one over the other?

Super Mario 3D Land feels like Super Mario Galaxy Jr., so if you enjoyed Galaxy, you'll dig SM3DL.

I haven't finished Paper Mario yet, but it's very similar to the old titles but with all the RPG features stripped out. It feels like a slower Mario adventure game, basically. Also good, but SM3DL is the killer app for the 3DS in my opinion. Start there.

#194 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Anyone try the PS3 controller bundle yet in store? Also, is this going to be online? Thank you.

I picked up the bundle today to trade killzone into gamestop. It rang up $60 because I left my time machine at home.

#195 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Super Mario 3D Land feels like Super Mario Galaxy Jr., so if you enjoyed Galaxy, you'll dig SM3DL.

I haven't finished Paper Mario yet, but it's very similar to the old titles but with all the RPG features stripped out. It feels like a slower Mario adventure game, basically. Also good, but SM3DL is the killer app for the 3DS in my opinion. Start there.

Thanks! I'm going to defer to your wisdom and pick it up come Sunday.
Posted Image

#196 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Any idea if epic mickey is on sale for 3ds?

#197 snakelda

snakelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

I picked up the bundle today to trade killzone into gamestop. It rang up $60 because I left my time machine at home.

Next time,don't forget your time machine.

#198 Owlmanus

Owlmanus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

smd

#199 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

smd

That definitely isn't in the ad.

#200 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Were there supposed to be more $39.99 games on the Buy 2 get $40 GC list?

#201 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

smd

Wow, sorry for answering your question

#202 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Any idea if epic mickey is on sale for 3ds?

If it is, it doesn't say so in the ad.

#203 Scenttii

Scenttii

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for posting this up. I got a pal who went ahead and bought himself the 3DS XL during Black Friday at Best Buy, despite there being no sale for it. He really couldn't wait any longer. He still has the receipt and what not. Is it terribly difficult to go in and get the difference on the new deal?

#204 jtron

jtron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

What do I need to do to get a pm at BestBuy? Would simply taking a receipt be fine?

#205 Grecco

Grecco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Kmart in Puerto Rico has halo at 59.99 is there a way i could contact Kmart to have them change the price?
www.elmiqueo.com
Un Blog sobre los videojuegos

#206 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for posting this up. I got a pal who went ahead and bought himself the 3DS XL during Black Friday at Best Buy, despite there being no sale for it. He really couldn't wait any longer. He still has the receipt and what not. Is it terribly difficult to go in and get the difference on the new deal?

Someone answered this question for me earlier, so figured I'd answer you, too. As long as your friend paid via CC, has his receipt, or used his BB Rewards Card, they should be able to price-match it relatively easily for him.

Hope this answers your question!
Posted Image

#207 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Sucks gamestop isnt doing any deals for 3ds xl.... I have all y credits @ bb!

#208 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

What do I need to do to get a pm at BestBuy? Would simply taking a receipt be fine?

All you need is the receipt. BBY will check the sale and most likely call the other store to see if it's in stock.

#209 PAB3Y13

PAB3Y13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Can I price match halo 4 if I paid with a gift card?

#210 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Can I price match halo 4 if I paid with a gift card?

yes, if you bought it in store they will give you back the difference in a new gift card but if you bought it online then they will credit it back to the old gift card that you used, and if you dont have the old gift card you can always ask them to send you a replacement with the new balance