• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#31 archerbro74

archerbro74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

How do so many cags buy this?

nothing slick about them. You don't get a bang for your buck, they're really overpriced, and you can get much better headphones at the same or lower price. It's the opposite of what this site really represents.

if you're interested in headphones, there's a great guide from head-fi.org. I'd suggest looking into it if you're interested in dropping that much on headphones anyways.

#32 RoMee

RoMee

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Beats are garbage.

#33 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

I have had my Beat Studios for over a year now and I love them =). To each their own.

Same here. I love mine as well.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#34 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Beats are garbage.

You can get a much better set for half the price but people that haven't tried out a quality headset won't ever know what they're missing :-?

#35 ironmenpb

ironmenpb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

beats dont sound to bad. they are overpriced. but the one thing that bothers me the most. they are poorly made. they feel cheap.

#36 Demontooth

Demontooth

cheapest ass of them all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

I'm laughing at the headphone snobs.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly

153639.png

Demontooth1.png

#37 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

I wish more headsets were posted on here, I'm trying to find a nice wireless one but it is so hard to find decent reviews from actual people!

i am looking to sell my wireless sony headphones brand new in box. it has a few advantages over the official ps3 headphones (i tried the newest ps3 headphones before these). send me a pm if you are interested. this is it: http://store.sony.co..._seo&SQS=ds6500

Edited by tribalnoise, 12 December 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#38 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

You guys are missing the point-- Beats aren't about sound quality or value. They're about getting noticed.

(Getting noticed wearing headphones that were in style years ago and now just look corny, unless you're in the back ass of Mississippi.)

#39 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

People who care about what other people wear are the ones who deserve ridicule. Grow up.

#40 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Beats are like Bose, they both suck and rely more on their marketing than good sound.

There's an old saying: No highs; no lows? Must be Bose.

#41 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

dont waste your $$ on beats , do yourself a favor buy a pair of Audio Technica ATH M50's instead, they go for $100 on amazon and sound better, thank me later

#42 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

People who care about what other people wear are the ones who deserve ridicule. Grow up.

last time i checked, we're allowed to talk about the value of the deals on this site. Nobody cares if you want to wear Beats, just be aware they're overpriced and they're pretty far out of style.

#43 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

last time i checked, we're allowed to talk about the value of the deals on this site. Nobody cares if you want to wear Beats, just be aware they're overpriced and they're pretty far out of style.

Don't forget that the sound quality is way WAY under par at their price range.

#44 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

NOOOOOOO !!!!!!!! They do this two days after I brought my pair of solo's. I opened them too (and extremly love them). Please tell me Gamestop does price ajustments
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#45 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Yup, as has been stated, Beats are junk. For the price, you can get MUCH better headphones.

Seeing that this is a gaming site, if you're looking for affordable gaming headphones I highly recommend Audio Technica ath-ad700. You can usually find them in the $79-99 range (they periodically go on and off of sale). The spatials/soundstage is unmatched by anything else in the price range, which is fantastic for FPS games. The headphones lack a bit in the bass department, but everything else about them sing. For music, they're best for classical, acoustic, classic rock, and power pop. The soundstage is good enough to close you eyes and tell instrument placement in music and tell where enemies are coming from in games.

#46 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

NOOOOOOO !!!!!!!! They do this two days after I brought my pair of solo's. I opened them too (and extremly love them). Please tell me Gamestop does price ajustments

You can do it. If the rep says no then just tell them you will buy a new one right now and then return it with your old receipt. Watch their head explode. I've actually had to do this before at gamestop.

#47 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

If only Beats weren't colossal pieces of overpriced crap.

Please stay away from them and google some other headphone alternatives that you can get for half the price AND sound better.

#48 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

If you're considering $200 on beats you could get an Astro A30 headset instead. It can be used on all gaming platforms including mobile and its also great for just listening to music. Obviously better than beats for audio and its very comfortable if you're wearing it for a long time.

I had the chance to test out several headsets/headphones during my time at EA. Beyerdynamics beat out all headphones (kinda obvious lol) while Astro crushed all gaming headsets.

#49 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

On the topic of headphones... can anyone recommend any good in-ear buds? Just want them for everyday use, but wanted a good sounding pair that would last me a long time and are comfortable to wear.

#50 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Or you can just get an Astro Mixamp and leave the A30's behind.

Instead you can buy really quality headphones for the same price and just attach a snap on mic if you want to chat in games.

#51 Demontooth

Demontooth

cheapest ass of them all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Any other style tips?

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly

153639.png

Demontooth1.png

#52 ElvinWasHere

ElvinWasHere

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

dont waste your $$ on beats , do yourself a favor buy a pair of Audio Technica ATH M50's instead, they go for $100 on amazon and sound better, thank me later

YES!!!

I use these as DJ headphones and they sound brilliant! And they're hella cheap too, and look simple but sexy.

#53 ElvinWasHere

ElvinWasHere

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

On the topic of headphones... can anyone recommend any good in-ear buds? Just want them for everyday use, but wanted a good sounding pair that would last me a long time and are comfortable to wear.

Anything by V-Moda. Trust. Hella underrated but totally worth it. Can find them at Radioshack or Amazon where they frequently go on sale. I've been using V-Moda for over 6 years I think and have only purchased two earphones. The first one I had was BassFreq, which I think it discontinued but now I have the all-metal Remix. Totes worth it.

EDIT: Klipsch S4 sound great too. Anything by Shure as well.

#54 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

V-moda has pretty overbearing bass. But their build quality is unmatched.

If you want something that will last a while, V-moda is perfect.

#55 ElvinWasHere

ElvinWasHere

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Like I said, 6 years, and haven't been happier.

#56 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

..unless you're in the back ass of Mississippi

I live in MS. No one wears Beats around here. There are rednecks, but it's not ass backwards, so get over yourself, newbie

#57 RoMee

RoMee

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

It all depends on your price range and the type of music you listen to.
For about $30 the Sony MH1C is great and sound better than anything Beats has right now.
If you want to go higher up the Vsonic GR07 is awesome.
Other to consider is Shure SE215 or Sennheiser IE8, there's too many to list

As for Beats headphones, if you go into any real audio forum they will tell you Beats are a Joke.
Only kids with no experience , and would rather have a fashion accessory to look cool buys Beats.
It's kinda sad to see so many CAG so uneducated about headphones.

Edited by RoMee, 12 December 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#58 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Yup, as has been stated, Beats are junk. For the price, you can get MUCH better headphones.

Seeing that this is a gaming site, if you're looking for affordable gaming headphones I highly recommend Audio Technica ath-ad700. You can usually find them in the $79-99 range (they periodically go on and off of sale). The spatials/soundstage is unmatched by anything else in the price range, which is fantastic for FPS games. The headphones lack a bit in the bass department, but everything else about them sing. For music, they're best for classical, acoustic, classic rock, and power pop. The soundstage is good enough to close you eyes and tell instrument placement in music and tell where enemies are coming from in games.

I can vouch for audio technicas. Can't recommend them enough. Though I think I have one step up from the model you listed (maybe not, I'd have to look to see what I have. Insanely comfortable too with the wing things out has on your head

#59 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

V-Moda headphones were the ones I'd seen returned the most for blown speakers when I worked retail, even a pair I had broke after 2 months. Unless they've changed in the last two years.

Get some Audio Technica or Sennheiser headphones. I wouldn't waste my money on junk like Beats.

#60 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

If you can find some skullcandy "riot" model, buy them. They are cheap and sound great.