GameStop Deal of the Day - Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery 2-Pack $14.99

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#61 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Definitely recommend that people who are thinking about getting this go to a nearby target and try them out first. Then try basically any of the other headphones they have to sample. I can almost guarantee you will not like how the Beats sound in comparison.

#62 archerbro74

archerbro74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

One thing I"d like to point out. -i think we all are blinded by "bass" in music at first. But really, when you get some of these better headphones available-you'll soon realize how much you're really missing if you only go for BASS (i.e. like beats). I have some bass heavy IEM's and I really can't use them anymore-it was a thing i was into early on.

#63 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

I can vouch for audio technicas. Can't recommend them enough. Though I think I have one step up from the model you listed (maybe not, I'd have to look to see what I have. Insanely comfortable too with the wing things out has on your head

I love the wings on these headphones, it allows you to adjust the cans properly for your ear canals and have them stay in place.

One note on the Audio Technica ath-ad700s, though. They're open air headphones, so if you crank it up people are going to hear your music/game/whatever. If this isn't an issue, open air headphones will always be better for gaming as that's a large part of what gives them an extended soundstage.

Edited by ProppaT, 12 December 2012 - 09:58 PM.

#64 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Any other style tips?

Nah, nothing relevant to thread, at least.

maybe there's a general rule that if gamestop is selling it, it'll make you look like a tool?

#65 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Nah, nothing relevant to thread, at least.

maybe there's a general rule that if gamestop is selling it, it'll make you look like a tool?

Look like a tool ? Yea you wish lmao. Im rocking these things good my friend. Get a black pair of these sexy headphones and they go with anything you wear. Wether they are from Gamestop or not :D. I think new users on here just hate on Gamestop to try to look cool lol

Oh and I got my price ajustment today :D
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#66 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

We hate on them because buying Beats is a waste of money when you can literally get the same or even better product for much, much cheaper. You're paying a premium for the brand name and that's it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#67 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

We hate on them because buying Beats is a waste of money when you can literally get the same or even better product for much, much cheaper. You're paying a premium for the brand name and that's it.

Well its a good thing that gamestops trade in promos and my flipping expertise made me get my pair for only half as much in cash out of my pocket huh. No way I would pay 200$ cash for headphones lol :)
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#68 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

lol dre beats.

its what all the cool kids spend their financial aid refund checks on

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#69 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Geez you can say this about anything brand name clothes, luxury cars, high end electronics, fancy watches. The biggest lames and tools aren't the people buying or wearing beats, it's the people who spend tine complaining about beats products and the people wearing them. Seriously, get over it and get a life. It's one person money, they can buy whatever makes them happy.

#70 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

I love the wings on these headphones, it allows you to adjust the cans properly for your ear canals and have them stay in place.

One note on the Audio Technica ath-ad700s, though. They're open air headphones, so if you crank it up people are going to hear your music/game/whatever. If this isn't an issue, open air headphones will always be better for gaming as that's a large part of what gives them an extended soundstage.

Yeah, I have the a700 closed ear models. best $130 I've spent

#71 PhQTwo

PhQTwo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Yeah, I have the a700 closed ear models. best $130 I've spent

Even my Audio-Technica ATH-M30's I got on Amazon for $38 are better than Beats.

#72 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Geez you can say this about anything brand name clothes, luxury cars, high end electronics, fancy watches. The biggest lames and tools aren't the people buying or wearing beats, it's the people who spend tine complaining about beats products and the people wearing them. Seriously, get over it and get a life. It's one person money, they can buy whatever makes them happy.

Except this isn't like luxury cars. Luxury cars usually have great performance in the form of high horsepower or torque which is measurable and inarguable. If you go and look at tests and reviews for the Beats, you will see that they are measurably worse than headphones that aren't even half the price.

That said, of course people can spend their money on whatever they want. While there definitely are haters in here, I think most people just want to help people make an informed purchase. I'm sure many people who were considering purchasing these had no idea that they actually perform horribly.

#73 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

And here you are, complaining about people complaining. We're on CAG. You expect people to not hate on those who buy Beats headphones? It goes against pretty much everything CAG stands for.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#74 RoMee

RoMee

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Look like a tool ? Yea you wish lmao. Im rocking these things good my friend. Get a black pair of these sexy headphones and they go with anything you wear. Wether they are from Gamestop or not :D. I think new users on here just hate on Gamestop to try to look cool lol

You are correct, they are nothing more than a fashion accessory little kids wear around their necks to look cool. It's not a real headphone.

It's called informing the noobs and uneducated. CAGs don't let CAGs waste money on garbage.

Edited by RoMee, 13 December 2012 - 01:37 AM.

#75 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

well, at least you didn't get the lipstick red or orange ones. those are the worst :)

#76 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Gamestop will give you $40 for a 3DS. Gamestop is scum, plain and simple. Any sensible person should "hate on" them. The only creatures who should like them are their employees and stockholders, and they don't count. Because they aren't people.

#77 CheapAssMom

CheapAssMom

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

All beats are the most uncomfortable headphones and earbuds I have ever had the chance to demo, wear for a day. I can't keep them on for more than about 5-10 minutes without my head hurting or ears hurting. They sound like cheap name brand cans to me honestly. If you want or are looking for legit difference in sound quality, look at the MDR-7506 on the low end (these are the cans used by ALL and i seriously mean it, all, the people mastering your audio DVD, Blu-ray, and CDs. Other wise, if you want real high end, look at the upper end name brands like Sony, Sennheiser (if you want open), Denon, Audio Technica, etc and so forth.

#78 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Wow you guys pay a lot for headphones.

#79 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Updated for Deal 12/13
Posted Image

#80 wolverinevsx23

wolverinevsx23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Amazon had that NBA game for $29.99 the other day.

#81 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

It is still only $29.99 at Target. Picked one up last night.

#82 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Updated for Deal 12/14 - Baller Beats went down another $20.

Edited by mossfan563, 14 December 2012 - 11:09 AM.

Posted Image

#83 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Oh...PM to BB for $20 each, basically two free NBA Baller Beats....

#84 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Is it confirmed in store don't have these deals? It doesn't say online only on the site

#85 iamdl

iamdl

Black Superman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Agreed.

It's one thing to hate the product and inform folks of a better option, it's another thing to insult folks. You hate Beats and you hate Gamestop, we get it.

#86 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

well baller beatz didnt sell at 30$ so they figured why not try 20 lol. i might pick one up for my lil cuz
Currently playing

690739.png

#87 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Oh...PM to BB for $20 each, basically two free NBA Baller Beats....

They trade in for 25¢ at BB according to trade in app.

#88 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm pretty amazed that NBA Baller Beats ever got out of the proposal phase. I mean who could possibly think that there would be a large enough audience with a workable setup existing for this thing? Pretty amazing. Which isn't to say the game wouldn't be fun, but where this belongs is at an arcade, not in anyone's living room.

Crunchewy.png

#89 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

I'm pretty amazed that NBA Baller Beats ever got out of the proposal phase. I mean who could possibly think that there would be a large enough audience with a workable setup existing for this thing? Pretty amazing. Which isn't to say the game wouldn't be fun, but where this belongs is at an arcade, not in anyone's living room.

with the track record of the studio who made this game im shocked they havent gone under yet lmao
Currently playing

690739.png

#90 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Seriously considering Baller Beats because of Shipwreck's recommendations.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer: