GameStop Deal of the Day - Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery 2-Pack $14.99

mossfan563

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
I'm sorta surprised I haven't seen a thread about this.
Probably because some of the deals have been meh.

NOTE: These deals are ONLINE ONLY. Can't be redeemed in-store. YMMV if it can.

GameStop Main Deals Page

Today's Deal:

:360: Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery 2-Pack $14.99

Will try to update this every morning before I go to work.
However, after 12/15 I won't be able to. Therefore, I wikified it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw a microsoft commercial for Halo 4 that said "NOW 39.99." So Gamestop is making a deal out of the MSRP now?

[quote name='cobaltD']Just saw a microsoft commercial for Halo 4 that said "NOW 39.99." So Gamestop is making a deal out of the MSRP now?[/QUOTE]

Really? That screws launch-day adopters...unless bought at BB.

[quote name='Zolor23']Really? That screws launch-day adopters[/QUOTE]

If it wasn't the christmas season you'd be right. I imagine that it'll go up to $60 again soon

[quote name='cobaltD']Just saw a microsoft commercial for Halo 4 that said "NOW 39.99." So Gamestop is making a deal out of the MSRP now?[/QUOTE]

doubt this is msrp just because a commercial says NOW 39.99, they can raise their prices i mpretty sure its to get those last quarter sales in prior to xmas.

Damn I saw this last night and thought it was just one of this week's sales; I was more excited about this than Amazon because I'm in walking distance to GS but I guess amazon it is...

Gamestop has had tons of things on "sale" that were recent standard price drops. I doubt it is coincidence that they decide to put things on sale right when the price is dropping.

I bought this on sale somewhere else when it was on sale despite warnings from a lot of folks on this site. Very cheaply made and already broke. Horrible headset.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I wish more headsets were posted on here, I'm trying to find a nice wireless one but it is so hard to find decent reviews from actual people![/QUOTE]

I actually ordered Turtle Beach XP400's the other day for $182...little pricey, but they get great reviews, are wireless, and have dual-band (2.4ghz & 5ghz).

When are you getting them in? Price isn't an issue right now, budget is anywhere from $1~$500 (I need a quality pair of headphones. Wife is pregnant, my gaming is bugging the crap out of her lately.)

[quote name='perdition(troy']When are you getting them in? Price isn't an issue right now, budget is anywhere from $1~$500 (I need a quality pair of headphones. Wife is pregnant, my gaming is bugging the crap out of her lately.)[/QUOTE]

Amazon has them for $182

[quote name='nightmarishhero']this is also on ebay front page. along with 3.52 in ebay bucks for the beats by dre solo hd (179.95 sale price one)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! no tax and free shipping

I did a little research and my $30 pair of JVC cans I got on amazon sound better overall than the $200 pair of beats. They're insanely overpriced, they're uncomfortable, and extremely muddied in sound. I took mine back.

Hrm. I've not really heard much good about Beats on a price to performance ratio, and I wasn't impressed at the couple pair I tried in store, either.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I wish more headsets were posted on here, I'm trying to find a nice wireless one but it is so hard to find decent reviews from actual people![/QUOTE]

I know you gave a large price range, and there are some nice sets for higher (TB, Astro A50's), but I ordered this yesterday for $90. You can actually get them cheaper with a code on the PDP.com website, but they are OOS currently there as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Afterglow-Uni...60-6304300630490063060006306200/dp/B009CL6LA6

Never would have thought it by the brand or the price, but these things get really good reviews, are dirt cheap for a wireless set (and constantly get praised for performance better than expected for the price in reviews). 10+ hour rechargeable battery life. The LED's can also be toggled off if that isn't your thing, though the aesthetics still aren't for everyone.

If you only game on one system, there are probably better solutions.
The thing that sold me is that I'll be able to hook these up to my receiver and use them with all my gaming systems (or watch movies), and I can even run a short 3.5mm audio cable from them and use them with my Wii U control pad, 3DS, Iphone, etc.

I have a nice dedicated wired set for my PC, but I'm pretty excited about getting these for the versatility. My set should be here tomorrow.

Anyways, I spent several hours looking for something inexpensive that I could use on all my consoles without having to disconnect my set from the PC constantly, and stumbled on these. (I do my gaming late at night and have to be quiet). Thought I would share.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']hint: everyone makes fun of people who wear beats in public[/QUOTE]

Are white people allowed to wear beats in public?

How do so many cags buy this?

nothing slick about them. You don't get a bang for your buck, they're really overpriced, and you can get much better headphones at the same or lower price. It's the opposite of what this site really represents.

if you're interested in headphones, there's a great guide from head-fi.org. I'd suggest looking into it if you're interested in dropping that much on headphones anyways.

[quote name='Metal Militia']I have had my Beat Studios for over a year now and I love them =). To each their own.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I love mine as well.

[quote name='RoMee']Beats are garbage.[/QUOTE]

You can get a much better set for half the price but people that haven't tried out a quality headset won't ever know what they're missing :whistle2:?

beats dont sound to bad. they are overpriced. but the one thing that bothers me the most. they are poorly made. they feel cheap.

i am looking to sell my wireless sony headphones brand new in box. it has a few advantages over the official ps3 headphones (i tried the newest ps3 headphones before these). send me a pm if you are interested. this is it: http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...umber=MDRDS6500&SR=sony_search_seo&SQS=ds6500

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are missing the point-- Beats aren't about sound quality or value. They're about getting noticed.

(Getting noticed wearing headphones that were in style years ago and now just look corny, unless you're in the back ass of Mississippi.)

Beats are like Bose, they both suck and rely more on their marketing than good sound.

There's an old saying: No highs; no lows? Must be Bose.

dont waste your $$ on beats , do yourself a favor buy a pair of Audio Technica ATH M50's instead, they go for $100 on amazon and sound better, thank me later

[quote name='cancerman1120']People who care about what other people wear are the ones who deserve ridicule. Grow up.[/QUOTE]

last time i checked, we're allowed to talk about the value of the deals on this site. Nobody cares if you want to wear Beats, just be aware they're overpriced and they're pretty far out of style.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']last time i checked, we're allowed to talk about the value of the deals on this site. Nobody cares if you want to wear Beats, just be aware they're overpriced and they're pretty far out of style.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that the sound quality is way WAY under par at their price range.

Yup, as has been stated, Beats are junk. For the price, you can get MUCH better headphones.

Seeing that this is a gaming site, if you're looking for affordable gaming headphones I highly recommend Audio Technica ath-ad700. You can usually find them in the $79-99 range (they periodically go on and off of sale). The spatials/soundstage is unmatched by anything else in the price range, which is fantastic for FPS games. The headphones lack a bit in the bass department, but everything else about them sing. For music, they're best for classical, acoustic, classic rock, and power pop. The soundstage is good enough to close you eyes and tell instrument placement in music and tell where enemies are coming from in games.

[quote name='strait edge follower']NOOOOOOO !!!!!!!! They do this two days after I brought my pair of solo's. I opened them too (and extremly love them). Please tell me Gamestop does price ajustments[/QUOTE]

You can do it. If the rep says no then just tell them you will buy a new one right now and then return it with your old receipt. Watch their head explode. I've actually had to do this before at gamestop.

If only Beats weren't colossal pieces of overpriced crap.

Please stay away from them and google some other headphone alternatives that you can get for half the price AND sound better.

If you're considering $200 on beats you could get an Astro A30 headset instead. It can be used on all gaming platforms including mobile and its also great for just listening to music. Obviously better than beats for audio and its very comfortable if you're wearing it for a long time.

I had the chance to test out several headsets/headphones during my time at EA. Beyerdynamics beat out all headphones (kinda obvious lol) while Astro crushed all gaming headsets.

On the topic of headphones... can anyone recommend any good in-ear buds? Just want them for everyday use, but wanted a good sounding pair that would last me a long time and are comfortable to wear.

bread's done
Back