How much for YLOD 60GB ps3

AzGoat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hey guys how much do you think i can get for my YOLD PS3 ? I would try to fix it but i don't have the time and just tired of seeing it still?

[quote name='AzGoat']Hey guys how much do you think i can get for my YOLD PS3 ? I would try to fix it but i don't have the time and just tired of seeing it still?[/QUOTE]

I sure hope you deactivated your PSN account before it got the YLOD or someone that buys it will have access to your stuff and the credit card tied to the account or the cash sitting there.

edit:
Let me add this. I had a PS3 break on me and I had the Best Buy replacement warranty. They traded me a new one for it. I called Sony and tried to get them to reset my PSN usage (you were allowed 5 per game I think it's 1 or 3 now). They refused because I didn't use THEIR repair center. Talk about terrible customer service. Luckily I still had a bunch of authorizations left for the games. Now that they lowered total authorizations, it's really bad. Also note that I lost all my video content because you can only have one video authorization per account and they wouldn't reset it. So if you bought a movie on your PS3 then you buy a new PS3 and try to watch it there, you won't be allowed to. MS's system is significantly better than this. Even iTunes allows you to deauthorize computers once you hit the max.

theyre not hard to fix but the fix will have to be done again and again over time. as far as your personal info and account activations once you switch out the harddrive with a new one should they get it up and running ( assuming someone buys it from you) the drive would reformat and your info wouldnt be on there anymore.

also just call customer service and tell them your ps3 died before you could deactivate the video/game service and they will do it for you.

i just picked up one locally, backward compatible, which i think all of the 60 gb ones are?

anyways, I gave $40 for it, with no AC cord or controller. I've stripped it down, and cleaned it up, waiting on some arctic silver to arrive, so i can try to get this one back up and running, so I can ditch the PS2 in my bedroom.

This lady was originally asking $60 for it, and I talked her down. looking at completed listings on ebay, it looks like $50+ is a good conservative price.

Yeah when it died on me i did the blow dryer trick and was able to run a back up and was able to deactivate the system and then she died a few hours later. Parts of me want to mess around with it and see if I am able to get it back up and going just for the heck of it. So i think i will just put it out with all the original cords and controller for it.

[quote name='Blaster man']I sure hope you deactivated your PSN account before it got the YLOD or someone that buys it will have access to your stuff and the credit card tied to the account or the cash sitting there.

edit:
Let me add this. I had a PS3 break on me and I had the Best Buy replacement warranty. They traded me a new one for it. I called Sony and tried to get them to reset my PSN usage (you were allowed 5 per game I think it's 1 or 3 now). They refused because I didn't use THEIR repair center. Talk about terrible customer service. Luckily I still had a bunch of authorizations left for the games. Now that they lowered total authorizations, it's really bad. Also note that I lost all my video content because you can only have one video authorization per account and they wouldn't reset it. So if you bought a movie on your PS3 then you buy a new PS3 and try to watch it there, you won't be allowed to. MS's system is significantly better than this. Even iTunes allows you to deauthorize computers once you hit the max.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blaster man']I sure hope you deactivated your PSN account before it got the YLOD or someone that buys it will have access to your stuff and the credit card tied to the account or the cash sitting there.[/QUOTE]
Solution: log in on Qriocity.com, delete credit card info, remotely deactivate the account from the PS3, and change the account's password. Or just remove the hard drive before selling it.

DO NOT do what I did and send it into VideoGames911 to get fixed. $190 spent between shipping (3 times) and the initial repair and I'm in the exact same place I was when it died in August. I should have just bit the bullet on Black Friday and picked one up for $200 ... lessons learned I guess.

^Speaking of repair costs, a buddy of mine is getting his YLOD fixed now from a local shop, and the price they're charging him is $75 (plus $25 for an optional fan upgrade of some sort). Just throwing that out there in case anyone's interested in seeing an example of what that might typically cost.

[quote name='computingwarren']My friend paid $99 to sony and sent his old one to them and they sent him a slim.[/QUOTE]

If you could do that, that is a great deal.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']If you could do that, that is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Call the 800 number.

"When my 60g went YLOD I called Sony's 800 number from the owners manual. They took it from there. The did offer another option involving replacing the phat with another phat but it was more money, ($150?) so I went with the slim. The process was quite quick, maybe 2 weeks total and this was during the week of Christmas and new years. They will ship a box for you to send back your PS3, all shipping prepaid. Once you ship it back and they receive it, it will be another week or so before you get the replacement."

[quote name='Josh1billion']Solution: log in on Qriocity.com, delete credit card info, remotely deactivate the account from the PS3, and change the account's password. Or just remove the hard drive before selling it.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you can deactivate that stuff now? Even the video account?

My buddy just had his die and he sent it to Sony, it's $129 to get another phat and that includes shipping...not bad. I'd pay $50 for a ylod and send it in to Sony--that's $179 for a refurbed 60 gig.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']yup[/QUOTE]
WRONG. I just tried it. He's still screwed unless he sends it into Sony. You provided bad information.

You can only deactivate your PlayStation®3 system from PlayStation®Network using your PS3™ system. You cannot deactivate it using a PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system or PC.

[quote name='Blaster man']WRONG. I just tried it. He's still screwed unless he sends it into Sony. You provided bad information.

You can only deactivate your PlayStation®3 system from PlayStation®Network using your PS3™ system. You cannot deactivate it using a PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system or PC.[/QUOTE]

You sure you can't deactivate it through Qriocity.com? I might have missed the video part when I read it (I haven't tried deactivating it under the website as I don't have one). The game profile of your ps3, you should be able to deactivate it and change information.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']You sure you can't deactivate it through Qriocity.com? I might have missed the video part when I read it (I haven't tried deactivating it under the website as I don't have one). The game profile of your ps3, you should be able to deactivate it and change information.[/QUOTE]

You can't deactivate the PS3 through it at all. That's the message you get. You can't deactivate games or video content.

I was able to deactivate my game content after all. It just wasn't a straightforward way. Click account at the top then media and devices. You still can't deactivate your video content. That's a load of shit IMO.

edit: I called the playstation customer service number and they deactivated my old video account for me. I was surprised that they actually did it after the guy gave me such a huge problem last time. He was Canadian, maybe he hated American's. Regardless of the reason, I'm glad I got to activate it on my current console. I had steeled myself this time. I was ready to yell into the phone as long as it took and he did it after my first request. I complained that about 3 years ago the guy wouldn't do it for me and I was told that "there has been no policy change" meaning that guy before was just a fucking asshole.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back