[PC] Gamefly End of the World Sale! XCOM $25; Walking Dead $12

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 golfing7861

golfing7861

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Sounds like it most definitely will. If you ever want to check if a PC game can run on your computer use this.

http://www.systemreq...ntslab.com/cyri

Thanks for the link!!

Everything shows up as 'Fast,' unfortunately for Dedicated Video RAM I need 512 MB, but I only have 256 MB :\

#32 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

should i buy xcom now? this is the cheapest ive seen for it so far. Do you think the winter sale will have something better? I mean i could wait until next year but why get it when the game might be dead by then.

I don't think multiplayer is the draw xcom. If $20 is too much for you, waiting won't hurt.

#33 Leumas Krap

Leumas Krap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

I don't think multiplayer is the draw xcom. If $20 is too much for you, waiting won't hurt.

im not gonna lie its looks badass, but i just dont want steam giving a better deal like xcom + all dlc for 25 bucks or something, i hope this isnt a mistake waiting

#34 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Technically, TWD was cheaper on Gamersgate a few months back, but that deal is dead and gone. $10 is a great price for it. Shoot, $25 and you still would get your money's worth.

Can you explain that technicality from GG and the price that it was?

#35 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

Any new deal on console today?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=333665
If the OP isn't updated by the time the new sale starts, bookmark this link to find out what the deals are: https://twitter.com/gameflydeals

On topic: Since this sale runs a lot longer than their normal PC download sales, I'd wait to buy anything till the next Steam Winter sale starts. This may be the lowest price these games will be, but wouldn't it suck if you do overpay if Steam has a better discount?
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#36 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

I have a Gamefly $5 credit that's expiring soon. I was planning on getting XCOM for the PS3, but I just got a new computer. This video () seems to come to the conclusion that platform doesn't matter for this game.

EDIT: I'll hold off on XCOM and probably get The Witcher 2 since I can get TWD for my iPad down the line.

#37 tsigo

tsigo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

Ordered The Walking Dead, immediately receive this e-mail.

Dear Gamer,

Thanks for your recent order on GameFly! We are hoping to speak with you directly to verify this purchase. We will reach out to you as soon as possible using the email address or phone number located on your account during the following times, Monday –Friday from 8AM CST to 7PM CST and Saturday/Sunday from 8AM CST to 6PM CST.

You are also welcome to call us directly at 888-986-6400 Monday-Friday during our phone hours of 12:00PM-4:00PM CST.

If there is a time that works best for you, please let us know and we would be more than happy to reach out to you to authorize this order so you can start enjoying the game!

We look forward to assisting you.

Thank you,

The GameFly Tech Team

What the Fuck is this shit?

#38 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Can you explain that technicality from GG and the price that it was?

There was a glitch on Gamersgate earlier this year that lasted a few hours. TWD was $8.98 and if you had the IGN discount at the time it came out to $7.63.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#39 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

There was a glitch on Gamersgate earlier this year that lasted a few hours. TWD was $8.98 and if you had the IGN discount at the time it came out to $7.63.

Thanks for the info! :D

#40 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

I'm so tempted by TWD.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#41 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

ugh x-com is too tempting zzz.

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911            

#42 lockarm

lockarm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

I hope this "Steambox" is real and good, so I can buy games for pennies on the fucking dollar.

#43 mtommy79

mtommy79

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

Just a heads up, but apparently you can only use the code 1GFT1112 today only!! New batch of games will show up every two days, so the first batch of games will be on sale for 48 hours.

Other games that will be coming in future sales through December 21 include Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3. A last chance sale will be held on December 22-24, if we are all still here....lol

#44 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Is x com really that good? Will it likely be cheaper during steam sale? I have a huge backlog but is this game good enough to cut in front the rest of them?

#45 danchilders

danchilders

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Is x com really that good? Will it likely be cheaper during steam sale? I have a huge backlog but is this game good enough to cut in front the rest of them?

Yes, no, and yes.

#46 Leumas Krap

Leumas Krap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

oh...WOW....u can only use that code once per account...me buying only twd and me changing my mind trying to buy xcom for 20 bucks...denied

edit: nvm, all i had to do was delete my credit card info and register a new account. bam xcom is mine

#47 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

Just the right price on TWD to talk myself into getting it. Played the demo but it was kinda short... Go-Go point and clicky!

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#48 Leumas Krap

Leumas Krap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Just a heads up, but apparently you can only use the code 1GFT1112 today only!! New batch of games will show up every two days, so the first batch of games will be on sale for 48 hours.

Other games that will be coming in future sales through December 21 include Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3. A last chance sale will be held on December 22-24, if we are all still here....lol

thanks for quoting that the promo code only works today, just got xcom with it just now, u saved me 5 bucks!

#49 darksurtur

darksurtur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

[phone verification required]

Me too. Seriously? For a $9.99 digital goods purchase?

#50 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

[phone verification required]

Me too. Seriously? For a $9.99 digital goods purchase?

Me too! And their phone verification is terrible. They're only open M-F from 12:00 pm CST to 4:00 pm CST but they don't pick up their phone during that time. They also will randomly call to verify but if you try to call their number right back, you get the generic "our phone support is currently closed." I tried doing online chat 3 times but it just makes you wait in a queue for 5 minutes only to say that no agent is available and to try back later. This is insane!

ach.png

#51 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Anyone know if Crysis activates on Steam, it doesn't say but I know some don't always do.

I'd like to know this as well. I have this on PS3 but I'd be willing to pick it up for PC just to see the improved visuals if I can activate though Steam for under $7.00.

EDIT: If it does NOT activate on Steam...will it at least activate on Origin?

#52 darksurtur

darksurtur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Me too! And their phone verification is terrible. They're only open M-F from 12:00 pm CST to 4:00 pm CST but they don't pick up their phone during that time. They also will randomly call to verify but if you try to call their number right back, you get the generic "our phone support is currently closed." I tried doing online chat 3 times but it just makes you wait in a queue for 5 minutes only to say that no agent is available and to try back later. This is insane!

Yep, random phone call I couldn't answer; stupid callback hours. It's not worth it for me, and I'll just let them cancel my order.

#53 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Yep, random phone call I couldn't answer; stupid callback hours. It's not worth it for me, and I'll just let them cancel my order.

Email them at support@gamefly.com and have them call you. It's completely stupid but it's quick. They verify your billing address, last 4 of the credit card, and the name of the game you purchase. It makes no sense!

ach.png

#54 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

I seem to vaguely recall they did this randomly some time ago when they were Direct2Drive before Gamefly bought them. It's somewhat of a nuisance but easily enough resolved. *shrug*

I only had to do it the one time then I have bought games here and there from them over the past year or so since that happened and have not ever had to do it since.

#55 Darker

Darker

Monk of Ivgorod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'd like to know this as well. I have this on PS3 but I'd be willing to pick it up for PC just to see the improved visuals if I can activate though Steam for under $7.00.

EDIT: If it does NOT activate on Steam...will it at least activate on Origin?

It activates through Origin but only through contacting customer support. I had a physical CD copy, called support and had it activated on Origin with no problems.

But honestly don't bother, unless you like the look of another game in you library. It uses securom so you get limited activation no matter what. I don't know what gamefly's policies are for CD-keys but I'd say wait and get on Amazon, sense they will replace your CD-key if you run out of activations

#56 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

It looks like 1GFT1112 is dead, I think.
Posted Image

#57 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

It looks like 1GFT1112 is dead, I think.

Yes, I believe that was good yesterday only.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#58 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

It activates through Origin but only through contacting customer support. I had a physical CD copy, called support and had it activated on Origin with no problems.

But honestly don't bother, unless you like the look of another game in you library. It uses securom so you get limited activation no matter what. I don't know what gamefly's policies are for CD-keys but I'd say wait and get on Amazon, sense they will replace your CD-key if you run out of activations

Wow. This is the first time I've actually be talked OUT of a deal on CAG. Thank you very much though. I guess I'll just stick to my PS3 copy and wait for some crazy deal on Amazon or Steam.

#59 darksurtur

darksurtur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Email them at support@gamefly.com and have them call you. It's completely stupid but it's quick. They verify your billing address, last 4 of the credit card, and the name of the game you purchase. It makes no sense!

Unless, of course, I am not available by phone during business hours for work reasons. TWD will be on sale for $10 elsewhere before too long, I just don't care enough to bother.

#60 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Anyone been using the 20% off code alright today. I got people saying it's expired?