Photo
- - - - -

New Super Mario Bros 2 & 3D Land For $33.72+tax At BB with Sam's Club PM

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Sams Club currently has NSMB2, Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 for $26.86 each(in-store only). You can PM at BB plus get $20 off 2 promo.

Super Mario 3D Land
http://www.samsclub....31.ip?navAction=

New Super Mario Bros 2
http://www.samsclub....78.ip?navAction=

Mario Kart 7
http://www.samsclub....36.ip?navAction=

Also Spoted:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Xbox 360) $8.71
http://www.samsclub....Tab=allProducts

Mass Effect 3 (PS3) $14.98
http://www.samsclub....24.ip?navAction=

Thanks to joseraul & chess227 for the BB tip!

Edited by Oboogie188, 13 December 2012 - 07:26 PM.
Added MK7, ACB and ME3

#2 Clownzilla

Clownzilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Our Sams Club in Missouri had the same prices.
Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

#3 senorchris

senorchris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

Best Buy should price match, if you have a Sam's Club within 25 miles of you:

Does Best Buy match the prices of a Warehouse club? Yes. So long as the Warehouse club is a Competitor, has an identical available product and all other Price Match criteria are met.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050011

Has anyone successfully got them to do this?

#4 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Prices say $36.86 now.

:beer:

#5 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Prices say $36.86 now.

Your looking at the online price. The club (in-store) price is still $26.86

#6 joseraul

joseraul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

Best Buy should price match, if you have a Sam's Club within 25 miles of you:
http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050011

Has anyone successfully got them to do this?

Yep. It works. Got the PM plus $20 off 2.

Bumping for all the new 3DS owners.

Thanks OP!

#7 Jayrcee

Jayrcee

CAG Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

In club price for Brotherhood is $19.98.

#8 kraken613

kraken613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

I would love NSMB2 with the $20 off but I already own the other games...

Well I guess I could buy Mario Kart 7 too then flip to Gamestop for $25 with their increased values.

#9 joseraul

joseraul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

Well, they show up on my receipt at $17.XX each (including tax), so maybe you could buy two with the promo and return one later?

#10 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

The difference between 'and' / 'or' can really change the deal

#11 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Oh sheet!. It's going down. Hopefully it's still a go during lunch break.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#12 chess227

chess227

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

Op, you should change the title to show the better deal by price matching best buy. I can confirm this works. I went by there today and gave the cashier at best buy the item numbers for the mario games off of the website and gave her the phone number to my local Sams, She called and gave them the information, they verified the price and she adjusted. Just before I paid, the total dropped $20 and my total out the door was $35.74 for both games.

For the record. You don't have to show your Sams club membership to get the price match and you don't have to ask for the $20 off for buying 2. Their computer does it automatically. The only way it wouldn't is if the cashier blocks it for some reason.

Great deal and thanks for the heads up from everyone in this forum.

#13 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Leave Sams Club alone and go to Best Buy. Let them stay in stock as long as possible. ^_^

#14 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Went to my BB this morning to price match and they called the manager over to "handle it". First he said that they had to see my sams membership (which I have). He price matched it, but wouldn't do the $20 promo. He said that they don't mix and match them blah blah. I showed him the price match policy (and the $20 promo details) and pointed out that it never says that they can't do it (price match is a POLICY, the $20 thing is an OFFER. Big difference).

I pointed out that if I went online and ordered it, it would give me the $20 promo price and I could choose in-store pickup and just get a price match on top of that, thus getting the cheaper price. At that point he hit a single key on the keyboard and the price changed... meaning that the computer was showing up for (and allowing) the proper price, he just didn't want to give it to me. Finally walked out of there with both games for the right price! Receipt attached for anyone who cares.

Spoiler

I'll never understand why some of these managers try to strong-arm you or outright lie to you. Do they own the company or store? Do they get rewarded for denying customers the store policy? It isn't like I lied or tried to fake anything... their corporate company says that they have to, so if they have beef with it they should take it up with them. :P
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#15 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Op, you should change the title to show the better deal by price matching best buy. I can confirm this works. I went by there today and gave the cashier at best buy the item numbers for the mario games off of the website and gave her the phone number to my local Sams, She called and gave them the information, they verified the price and she adjusted. Just before I paid, the total dropped $20 and my total out the door was $35.74 for both games.

For the record. You don't have to show your Sams club membership to get the price match and you don't have to ask for the $20 off for buying 2. Their computer does it automatically. The only way it wouldn't is if the cashier blocks it for some reason.

Great deal and thanks for the heads up from everyone in this forum.

Done. Thanks to all for the BB tip. I didnt even think of BB Pm'ing.

#16 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Done. Thanks to all for the BB tip. I didnt even think of BB Pm'ing.

This also works for Mario Kart 7, may want to put that in the title too (I got MK7 + NSMB2 since I already had Mario 3D).
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#17 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Woot! Went to Best Buy and did the deal. Easy, time consuming. I might try it again. Give a set to my niece for Christmas and keep a set for myself.

#18 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

This deal is tempting and I don't even own a 3DS.

#19 evilways811

evilways811

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Would give it a try but I don't wanna risk them asking for a Sam's Club membership card, which I don't have.

#20 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

This deal is tempting and I don't even own a 3DS.

Not to get into a flipping debate, but they sell for much more than $17 on ebay, and are currently trading in for $25 each at Gamestop (a bit more, around $26-27 each with the %10 PUR card). I'm keeping my copies, but just a thought.
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#21 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Would give it a try but I don't wanna risk them asking for a Sam's Club membership card, which I don't have.

I showed mines, but the guy didn't ask.

I don't care for the flipping debate either. But if you don't have a 3DS and think about maybe getting one in the future, just remember these games will still be $40 come that day cause Nintendo doesn't give a Fuck about depreciation. :)

#22 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Aren't they 30$ at kmart? pm that one instead i did it today

#23 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

why do we feel the need to rape every fucking deal...

#24 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

why do we feel the need to rape every fucking deal...

This deal is a legitimate price match. The suggestion is buying a set of games to keep/use. Where is the "deal rape" that you speak of? Turn down the rage sir!
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#25 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Damn. I have a date night with my wife tonight. Hopefully I can swing by afterwards.

#26 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Will these deals last till Sunday? I'm planning to check out best buy with their buy 2 get 1 free.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#27 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

Not to get into a flipping debate, but they sell for much more than $17 on ebay, and are currently trading in for $25 each at Gamestop (a bit more, around $26-27 each with the %10 PUR card). I'm keeping my copies, but just a thought.

I got 2 today..

So is it 20 dollar off for every 2 games? So if I order 4 I get 40 off?

#28 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

This deal is a legitimate price match. The suggestion is buying a set of games to keep/use. Where is the "deal rape" that you speak of? Turn down the rage sir!

A legitimate price match would be PMing Sam's Club price of $26.xx

Best Buy's deal is buy two select 3DS games at their price and save $20; nowhere does it say that you can purchase the games at a competitors price and they'll still honor the $20 savings.

Taking advantage of something is one thing... take advantage of something and denying that is what you're doing is another.

#29 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Will these deals last till Sunday? I'm planning to check out best buy with their buy 2 get 1 free.

Game department guy told me Sat.

#30 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

A legitimate price match would be PMing Sam's Club price of $26.xx

Best Buy's deal is buy two select 3DS games at their price and save $20; nowhere does it say that you can purchase the games at a competitors price and they'll still honor the $20 savings.

Taking advantage of something is one thing... take advantage of something and denying that is what you're doing is another.

You're getting it backwards: nowhere does it say that they CAN'T apply both together. If they didn't want to allow price matching + offer combos, they would put in the fine print, or they wouldn't let their computers accept it without some kind of crazy manager override (for example, gamestop tradeins: the computer automatically allows only ONE promo to apply unless overwritten by a manager).

If you read the posts carefully you'll discover that the bestbuy computers automatically apply the promo on top of a price match. If you think that this is taking advantage of a glitch/whatever, then I suggest you go to your library and check out a book on basic retail business. If this were a glitch on a B2G1 free deal, or some scam where you buy games and return them to walmart, or a price glitch from samsclub, or something like that, then sure, that would be bad. But this isn't. This is a deal to save money. On a website called cheap ass gamers. Gamers that like to save money. With a legitimate deal. Enjoy :P
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image