New Super Mario Bros 2 & 3D Land For $33.72+tax At BB with Sam's Club PM

Oboogie188

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Sams Club currently has NSMB2, Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 for $26.86 each(in-store only). You can PM at BB plus get $20 off 2 promo.

Super Mario 3D Land
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/super-mario-3d-land-3ds/prod5000531.ip?navAction=

New Super Mario Bros 2
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/new-super-mario-bros-2-3ds/prod7350078.ip?navAction=

Mario Kart 7
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/mario-kart-7-3ds/prod5000536.ip?navAction=

Also Spoted:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Xbox 360) $8.71
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/assass...ox-360/prod1830587.ip?selectedTab=allProducts

Mass Effect 3 (PS3) $14.98
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/mass-effect-3-ps3/prod5890224.ip?navAction=

Thanks to joseraul & chess227 for the BB tip!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spideymike']Prices say $36.86 now.[/QUOTE]

Your looking at the online price. The club (in-store) price is still $26.86

I would love NSMB2 with the $20 off but I already own the other games...

Well I guess I could buy Mario Kart 7 too then flip to Gamestop for $25 with their increased values.

Op, you should change the title to show the better deal by price matching best buy. I can confirm this works. I went by there today and gave the cashier at best buy the item numbers for the mario games off of the website and gave her the phone number to my local Sams, She called and gave them the information, they verified the price and she adjusted. Just before I paid, the total dropped $20 and my total out the door was $35.74 for both games.

For the record. You don't have to show your Sams club membership to get the price match and you don't have to ask for the $20 off for buying 2. Their computer does it automatically. The only way it wouldn't is if the cashier blocks it for some reason.

Great deal and thanks for the heads up from everyone in this forum.

Went to my BB this morning to price match and they called the manager over to "handle it". First he said that they had to see my sams membership (which I have). He price matched it, but wouldn't do the $20 promo. He said that they don't mix and match them blah blah. I showed him the price match policy (and the $20 promo details) and pointed out that it never says that they can't do it (price match is a POLICY, the $20 thing is an OFFER. Big difference).

I pointed out that if I went online and ordered it, it would give me the $20 promo price and I could choose in-store pickup and just get a price match on top of that, thus getting the cheaper price. At that point he hit a single key on the keyboard and the price changed... meaning that the computer was showing up for (and allowing) the proper price, he just didn't want to give it to me. Finally walked out of there with both games for the right price! Receipt attached for anyone who cares.

2lvyf14.jpg

I'll never understand why some of these managers try to strong-arm you or outright lie to you. Do they own the company or store? Do they get rewarded for denying customers the store policy? It isn't like I lied or tried to fake anything... their corporate company says that they have to, so if they have beef with it they should take it up with them. :p

[quote name='chess227']Op, you should change the title to show the better deal by price matching best buy. I can confirm this works. I went by there today and gave the cashier at best buy the item numbers for the mario games off of the website and gave her the phone number to my local Sams, She called and gave them the information, they verified the price and she adjusted. Just before I paid, the total dropped $20 and my total out the door was $35.74 for both games.

For the record. You don't have to show your Sams club membership to get the price match and you don't have to ask for the $20 off for buying 2. Their computer does it automatically. The only way it wouldn't is if the cashier blocks it for some reason.

Great deal and thanks for the heads up from everyone in this forum.[/QUOTE]

Done. Thanks to all for the BB tip. I didnt even think of BB Pm'ing.

[quote name='Oboogie188']Done. Thanks to all for the BB tip. I didnt even think of BB Pm'ing.[/QUOTE]

This also works for Mario Kart 7, may want to put that in the title too (I got MK7 + NSMB2 since I already had Mario 3D).

Woot! Went to Best Buy and did the deal. Easy, time consuming. I might try it again. Give a set to my niece for Christmas and keep a set for myself.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']This deal is tempting and I don't even own a 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Not to get into a flipping debate, but they sell for much more than $17 on ebay, and are currently trading in for $25 each at Gamestop (a bit more, around $26-27 each with the %10 PUR card). I'm keeping my copies, but just a thought.

[quote name='evilways811']Would give it a try but I don't wanna risk them asking for a Sam's Club membership card, which I don't have.[/QUOTE]

I showed mines, but the guy didn't ask.

I don't care for the flipping debate either. But if you don't have a 3DS and think about maybe getting one in the future, just remember these games will still be $40 come that day cause Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about depreciation. :)

[quote name='GBAstar']why do we feel the need to rape every fucking deal...[/QUOTE]

This deal is a legitimate price match. The suggestion is buying a set of games to keep/use. Where is the "deal rape" that you speak of? Turn down the rage sir!

[quote name='callmewoof']Not to get into a flipping debate, but they sell for much more than $17 on ebay, and are currently trading in for $25 each at Gamestop (a bit more, around $26-27 each with the %10 PUR card). I'm keeping my copies, but just a thought.[/QUOTE]

I got 2 today..

So is it 20 dollar off for every 2 games? So if I order 4 I get 40 off?

[quote name='callmewoof']This deal is a legitimate price match. The suggestion is buying a set of games to keep/use. Where is the "deal rape" that you speak of? Turn down the rage sir![/QUOTE]

A legitimate price match would be PMing Sam's Club price of $26.xx

Best Buy's deal is buy two select 3DS games at their price and save $20; nowhere does it say that you can purchase the games at a competitors price and they'll still honor the $20 savings.

Taking advantage of something is one thing... take advantage of something and denying that is what you're doing is another.

[quote name='TommyLove']Will these deals last till Sunday? I'm planning to check out best buy with their buy 2 get 1 free.[/QUOTE]

Game department guy told me Sat.

[quote name='GBAstar']A legitimate price match would be PMing Sam's Club price of $26.xx

Best Buy's deal is buy two select 3DS games at their price and save $20; nowhere does it say that you can purchase the games at a competitors price and they'll still honor the $20 savings.

Taking advantage of something is one thing... take advantage of something and denying that is what you're doing is another.[/QUOTE]

You're getting it backwards: nowhere does it say that they CAN'T apply both together. If they didn't want to allow price matching + offer combos, they would put in the fine print, or they wouldn't let their computers accept it without some kind of crazy manager override (for example, gamestop tradeins: the computer automatically allows only ONE promo to apply unless overwritten by a manager).

If you read the posts carefully you'll discover that the bestbuy computers automatically apply the promo on top of a price match. If you think that this is taking advantage of a glitch/whatever, then I suggest you go to your library and check out a book on basic retail business. If this were a glitch on a B2G1 free deal, or some scam where you buy games and return them to walmart, or a price glitch from samsclub, or something like that, then sure, that would be bad. But this isn't. This is a deal to save money. On a website called cheap ass gamers. Gamers that like to save money. With a legitimate deal. Enjoy :p

Im prob going back in the morning and picking up 6 games.. Im pretty sure it wont fly the second time around lol

[quote name='GBAstar']A legitimate price match would be PMing Sam's Club price of $26.xx

Taking advantage of something is one thing... take advantage of something and denying that is what you're doing is another.[/QUOTE]

This.

How do you think this is any different than people pricematching bestbuy $20 gift cards to target or whatever? This isn't some bestbuy glitch, it's a policy that pretty much every major retailer in the US is doing this holiday season. People need to get off their moral high horses and realize that retailers are OK with this practice because indeed they are the ones implementing policies that allow for this exact deal.

[quote name='callmewoof']You're getting it backwards: nowhere does it say that they CAN'T apply both together. If they didn't want to allow price matching + offer combos, they would put in the fine print, or they wouldn't let their computers accept it without some kind of crazy manager override (for example, gamestop tradeins: the computer automatically allows only ONE promo to apply unless overwritten by a manager).

If you read the posts carefully you'll discover that the bestbuy computers automatically apply the promo on top of a price match. If you think that this is taking advantage of a glitch/whatever, then I suggest you go to your library and check out a book on basic retail business. If this were a glitch on a B2G1 free deal, or some scam where you buy games and return them to walmart, or a price glitch from samsclub, or something like that, then sure, that would be bad. But this isn't. This is a deal to save money. On a website called cheap ass gamers. Gamers that like to save money. With a legitimate deal. Enjoy :p[/QUOTE]
Price matching is about getting only ONE promotional price/offer. It does not matter if it clearly states that or not. Just because you can't prove a negative (that the BB PM policy says NOTHING about multiple promos), does not make it true. After BB's promo, you get two games at a price. After Sam's promo, you get two games at a price. You don't get BB's promo and Sam's promo. BB is not supposed to allow double dipping, yet people continue to try to do so.

Your previous argument about ordering online for pick-up and eventual PM would most likely not be valid, since the PM would be taken from the final $29.99 promo reflected price. If it did work, you may as well get free games all the time since store x, y, and z all are having different promos for the same game.

After seeing this "deal" and the BB $40 GC deal with PMing and how people are taking advantage of what they knowingly should not be getting, it makes me sick. :cry:

[quote name='callmewoof']How do you think this is any different than people pricematching bestbuy $20 gift cards to target or whatever? This isn't some bestbuy glitch, it's a policy that pretty much every major retailer in the US is doing this holiday season. People need to get off their moral high horses and realize that retailers are OK with this practice because indeed they are the ones implementing policies that allow for this exact deal.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.. I resell and when I make mistakes I still sell to the customer even it means breaking even or taking a loss.

[quote name='callmewoof']How do you think this is any different than people pricematching bestbuy $20 gift cards to target or whatever? This isn't some bestbuy glitch, it's a policy that pretty much every major retailer in the US is doing this holiday season. People need to get off their moral high horses and realize that retailers are OK with this practice because indeed they are the ones implementing policies that allow for this exact deal.[/QUOTE]
It isn't different, but it doesn't make it right. Retailers are not OK with this practice and they are not implementing these policies. Just because the POS system may allow it, does not mean it is purposefully implemented; it means it's an oversight, i.e. a glitch. They are supposed to price match, that is match their competitor's price. Not completely outmatch their competitors. Otherwise it would be called Price Outmatching.

If you get away with it with ease, fine. You shouldn't, but fine. If however the employee or manager says its a no go, that should be the end of it. But reporting these "deals" as if they are legitimate and to think you are warranted this "deal" is just... :cry:.

No, no, nowhere does it NOT say that you can PM and not get the $20 savings.

[quote name='poker360']This.[/QUOTE]

No, not that. What he said is wrong.

Was able to do this, though it took three stores and two attempts:

1.) Store did not have Mario 3D Land

2.) We provided item numbers, pricing, and a phone number to the local Sam'c Club, but instead the cashier went online to find the promo. Price match worked after manager override (They used Walmart since Sam's Club is owned by Walmart), but he froze when it popped up the window offering $20 off. I mentioned the system let him do it, but that I didn't want to get him in trouble over it. He asked a manager and we could hear her say no double dipping.

3.) This store made us pull up the Sam's site on the phone and it was a pain to select a club to get the $26.86 pricing (had to go to the non-mobile version), but once we did she price matched to Walmart and then applied the $20 off promo.

I tried price matching Best Buy on the TRU 10% gift card deal last week, and they called, but this time neither cashier seemed interesting in calling, even though we already had the phone and item numbers for them. If you try this, I suggest bringing a screenshot of the price online, or have it pulled up on your phone so they can confirm.

I suppose it's kind of shady, but I make sure to never raise a fuss, and if the employee gets cold feet I'm sympathetic and more than willing to just walk away. It's certainly not worth throwing a tantrum over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good point. It's actually not any different; in both scenarios the retailer (Best Buy or Target) are getting taken advantage of.

Best Buy is selling the 3DS at $129.99 and the XL at $159.99; if you wanted to PM that deal at Target you should either get the system at $129.99/$159.99 or $149.99 with $20GC (Standard 3DS) or $179.99 with $20GC (3DS XL).

Why would you get both deals?

The fact it is happening is bad enough; the fact that people are bitching not only here but to associates at the stores when they are denied is disturbing.

Don't worry about GBAstar. He's a whining 4 year old.

I don't see why everyone doesn't rape all retailers deals. Their CEOs make millions while workers make minimum wage. Let's gut them for all their worth.

[quote name='callmewoof']If you read the posts carefully you'll discover that the bestbuy computers automatically apply the promo on top of a price match.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. I was able to PM 2 games and get the $20 off. No override from a manager was necessary for the $20 off since it came off automatically. The CSR even mentioned that it would take $20 off the total on top of the PM.

[quote name='icyjones']Just popping in to say I was able to price match New and 3D Land with the $20 off. Sweet prices! Thanks op and others![/QUOTE]

bad person you

I stopped by my local store and had the easiest price match of my life.

Strolled in around 7pm, grabbed NSMB2 and MK7 and went up to the cashier. I asked him to do a price match he said sure, so I told him the Sam's Club down the road had them for $26.86. He asked for a flyer or something and I told him I had a phone number and that we could call and confirm. He was completely uninterested in calling, so I said I could look it up.

So I showed him a post from this thread on the first page and he's like good enough.

Rings in the price match, needs a manager's approval and that guy comes over and barely looks at the screen as he punches in his information. The cashier finalizes and a window comes up saying these two titles qualify for the $20 off promo and he says looks like you're saving even more.

Out the door at $33.72. Couldn't've gone smoother.

Since when did we CAG become pro business? The mere fact you are here means you want the best possible deals, and if you are not well too bad.

[quote name='silver001']Since when did we CAG become pro business? The mere fact you are here means you want the best possible deals, and if you are not well too bad.[/QUOTE]

Nope.. I would like good, consistent, sustainable deals.

Doing things that you know are outside the scope of a retailers Price Match/Adjustment policy is detrimental to the continuance of those policies.

Things like price matching OOS clearance items (TRU fiasco) or double dipping (Sam's Club 3DS games, Target with the 3DS XL) only lead to more restrictive policies in the future.

There have been arguments put forward that it is a cardinal rule that consumers cannot use both PM-ing and a regular deal that that store is offering. I'm not sure where this entrenched idea is coming from though.

Price matching and their other concurrent offers are completely unrelated. These are both voluntary promotions or decisions taken by management of those stores. As rightly pointed out, if the terms and conditions of the Price matching and/or normal offers do not state explicitly that they do work together, wherein is the implied moral wrong of consumers utilizing this to get the best price possible?

People are throwing around terms such as "bad person" and placing a thinly veiled judgement on others who want to utilize the best deals and are in no direct violation of publicly stated terms and conditions. Why?

[quote name='computingwarren']Don't worry about GBAstar. He's a whining 4 year old.

I don't see why everyone doesn't rape all retailers deals. Their CEOs make millions while workers make minimum wage. Let's gut them for all their worth.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that if you "rape all retailers deals" only the minimum wage workers would take a hit and the CEO would still "make millions."

[quote name='soonersfan60']I'm pretty sure that if you "rape all retailers deals" only the minimum wage workers would take a hit and the CEO would still "make millions."[/QUOTE]

Sadly, that's true. But hey, maybe in the future they will get a raise. (Employees). Until then, corporations deserve it. They've had their tax breaks and its time to end it.

bread's done
Back