New Super Mario Bros 2 & 3D Land For $33.72+tax At BB with Sam's Club PM

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#91 Wal_Target

Wal_Target

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Tried this today and it worked like a charm! After I explain the price match to Sam's Club, the cashier has the biggest grin on his face and says "I think I might have to buy these game for myself now!"

#92 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

I vaguely recall a b2g1 on used. if sandwiches were involved I would definitely remember. seriously though please explain

It was 2009 when BB was having a B2G1 on all new games. When checking out, the second scanned game always rang up as the free one. So people would have the cashier ring up cheap games as the first and third game, and an expensive game as the second. I think it was the first time BB attempted the promo as they royally fucked it up. But BB has managed to Fuck up their B2G1 free deals on multiple occasions.

#93 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Worked great, snagged 3d Land and NSMB2, cashier even mentioned I got to take advantage of a second deal they were having. I was like really??!? Told her it was such a good deal I wanted 2 more, so went back and grabbed another NSMB2 and Sticker Star. 35$ for the first set and 40$ for the second set, Now to flip the extra NSMB2, if I can get near retail price I will have got 3 Mario games for 35 bucks, now that is smoking hot.

One note the receipt shows the price of the games after discount, so the Sam's club matched games show at 15 and change, and the kmart matched one shows up at 20 and change. Great deal!

723268.png

#94 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Was able to get the K-Mart $29.99 price matched for Super Mario Land and Paper Mario 3DS. It worked without a problem and $20 was automatically adjusted. Very easy to do manager approval. I'm quite happy getting both games total for $38.99. $20 each for two new Mario games is fantastic.

:beer:

#95 Kevin94M

Kevin94M

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Got denied b/c the guy said BB doesn't price match membership prices :(. Thinkin abt trying again maybe Monday or tomorrow to see if I can get a diff guy and convince him Sam's Club is a warehouse member competitior? Tht sound like a good plan?

#96 camelking6969

camelking6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

I went the easy way and did the pricematch to kmart. Guy did pricematch and when he totaled it dropped 20 dollars. In and out in 15 minutes
[url=ign.com]

#97 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Deal worked for me after almost forcing her to complete the transaction to show her the deal would work with price match.

#98 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Got denied b/c the guy said BB doesn't price match membership prices :(. Thinkin abt trying again maybe Monday or tomorrow to see if I can get a diff guy and convince him Sam's Club is a warehouse member competitior? Tht sound like a good plan?

Perhaps, but I believe the $20 off 2 3DS games is only valid until today. Tomorrow there will be a new ad with new deals.

#99 gatorbait68

gatorbait68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

I went the easy way and did the pricematch to kmart. Guy did pricematch and when he totaled it dropped 20 dollars. In and out in 15 minutes

I'm thinking about going this route too before they close after just picking up a 3DS XL from Target. Did you need the actual ad or were they able to price match the price from Kmart's site?
Posted Image

#100 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

They lied to you. Taken from bestbuy's policy page (http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050011)

Does Best Buy match the prices of a Warehouse club?
Yes. So long as the Warehouse club is a Competitor, has an identical available product and all other Price Match criteria are met.

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#101 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

The Sams Club price is back to normal. I had to use the Kmart price which is still a good deal. I got Mario Land, Mario sticker and Mario party 9 for the wii for $70.xx total. Used the RZ coupon for $25 off Mario Party 9

#102 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

Was successful once I got the useless roadblock out of my way. I went first to try the gaming cashier. For all intents and purposes, his name is Roadblock. Asked for a PM. He said, "you want them for $30 each, right?" Thinking he meant the Kmart ad, I told him, no, Sam's Club. Roadblock says, "we don't PM Sam's Club." Then he told me that when he said I could get them for $30, he had already factored in the $20 discount that Best Buy would give. Then I knew that Roadblock would not allow me to double dip.

Next I went to the front cash register. This guy didn't seem to know a thing. Showed him the Sam's Club price, he PM'd it, and I got the $20 off as well. Walked out with Super Mario 3D Land and NSMB2 for $35.99. That's $18 each. Best deal this month. Thanks, everyone.

#103 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

The Sams Club price is back to normal. I had to use the Kmart price which is still a good deal. I got Mario Land, Mario sticker and Mario party 9 for the wii for $70.xx total. Used the RZ coupon for $25 off Mario Party 9

If by normal, you mean $26.86, then yes, it's normal. The price has not gone back to $40.

#104 Darvan

Darvan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Cag,

Will the price still hold on Sam's Club till tomorrow afternoon? That's the only time I get a Sam's Club card from a friend to have BB PM

Thanks.

#105 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Cag,

Will the price still hold on Sam's Club till tomorrow afternoon? That's the only time I get a Sam's Club card from a friend to have BB PM

Thanks.

Nobody knows when the price will go back, but I believe that the $20 discount from Best Buy ends tomorrow.

#106 Darvan

Darvan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Nobody knows when the price will go back, but I believe that the $20 discount from Best Buy ends tomorrow.

Thanks sounds like I'll make it on the $20 discount on the games

#107 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

But the real questions is if NSMB2 is worth the $33.72.......?
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#108 silver001

silver001

silvermember

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

To me NO.

But NSMB2+ super mario 3ds for a total of 33.72, GIMME a HELL YA.

#109 themixmaster

themixmaster

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

Cag,

Thanks.

has anyone actually had to present a Sam's Club card? My guy didn't even ask, and most of these successful re-tellings don't mention having to show proof of membership. Just wondering about other's experiences at this point.

#110 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Thanks sounds like I'll make it on the $20 discount on the games

No, I meant it is over tomorrow. It is not valid tomorrow.

You get two games for $33.72 altogether. I got NSMB2 and Super Mario 3D Land for that much.

To me NO.

But NSMB2+ super mario 3ds for a total of 33.72, GIMME a HELL YA.

No doubt.

has anyone actually had to present a Sam's Club card? My guy didn't even ask, and most of these successful re-tellings don't mention having to show proof of membership. Just wondering about other's experiences at this point.

That isn't necessary. According to the price match policy, it only needs to be the same item and in-stock. You don't need to have a membership card to the place you want to PM from.

#111 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

But Best Buy in each market can determine who their competitors are... perhaps in that market, they've decided that Sam's Club isn't a competitor. I got denied that way one time before trying to PM another store (although I think that was a Walmart excuse).

#112 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

I had to show my Sam's club membership card.

#113 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

Dang sure wish I went earlier, crossing my fingers this somehow lasts until tomorrow but that sounds very unlikely.

#114 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

Dang sure wish I went earlier, crossing my fingers this somehow lasts until tomorrow but that sounds very unlikely.

It won't; the additional $20 deduction through Bestbuy ended yesterday.

#115 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

Can someone bludgeon that ampersand in the subject line to death?