Rogers [NB+NFLD only] Free upgrade from 120gb to 500gb monthly cap

stmack

CAG Veteran
Alright so not a game deal persay but internet is a critical component these days with online gaming and the abundance of digital content.

Noticed today that the Extreme package for Rogers has been upgraded in New Brunswick and Newfoundland and has had it's monthly cap raised from 120gb to 500gb. This appears to be to combat Bell's unlimited FibreOp bundles. It's strange it only applies to this mid-tier package but you can call in and switch to it for free, or even "downgrade" and you may be able to get better service for cheaper.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but thought you all might be interested.

What aggravates me is videotron here in quebec still thinks a 60gb limit is acceptable!

Though maybe this is a sign of that changing...
---
Sam.

Here on the west coast Telus is slashing caps down as much as 50%. Of course Telus doesn't enforce caps, but still, never fun to see them playing with contract locked customers.

That part that really gets me is if you're going to enforce a cap then why the hell would I want to pay for your more expensive and faster internet solutions!?

[quote name='SamusekTDS']What aggravates me is videotron here in quebec still thinks a 60gb limit is acceptable!

Though maybe this is a sign of that changing...
---
Sam.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, I'm on the 90GB limit internet service from Videotron and regularly need to add 20GB packages to make sure I don't go over.

Yeah, well with the DMCA crap going on, which has now even seemingly hit usenet, I'm not sure I'm going to hit 20 gigs anymore :lol:

Guess I can finally download all the PSN Plus games that I 'purchased' but didn't transfer from the store :applause:

Bandwidth limits and prices in Canada are ridiculous. We are being held prisoner by the big 3. Google needs to hurry up and expand to Canada.

It's not just a cap increase, it also includes a download speed boost to 30 Mbps, an upload speed boost to 10 Mbps, and the price is $10 cheaper per month ($52 instead of $62).

You have to call in and get them to flip you over to it and you have to have a DOCSIS 3 modem (if you got one within the past couple of years, you probably already have one).

[quote name='TealShark']It's not just a cap increase, it also includes a download speed boost to 30 Mbps, an upload speed boost to 10 Mbps, and the price is $10 cheaper per month ($52 instead of $62).

You have to call in and get them to flip you over to it and you have to have a DOCSIS 3 modem (if you got one within the past couple of years, you probably already have one).[/QUOTE]

The speed change happens regardless, half the reason I looked it up and called in was because the new upload speed, accidentally left utorrent open on two different occassions and chewed through 30gb of my bandwidth on upload alone. I have since set a throttle on utorrent...

bread's done
Back