Official VGFive Thread

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#121 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

Thanks. I really like that feature and I'm glad to see that TZ is using it.

Also, TZ, put me down as someone who would gladly put a VG5 banner in my sig when you're able to make that option available.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#122 taintedzodiac

taintedzodiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

For the data junkies out there, I've made some of the core stats regarding the site freely available.

#123 taintedzodiac

taintedzodiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Also, TZ, put me down as someone who would gladly put a VG5 banner in my sig when you're able to make that option available.

Something I'm working on but don't want to put out there until they look great. Have some art assets being worked on, but sigs are coming! :)

#124 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

For the data junkies out there, I've made some of the core stats regarding the site freely available.

Very nice. I like graphs.:D

#125 taintedzodiac

taintedzodiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

While we're at it, make sure you get five trades started every week. You'll be entered to win any game of your choice.

#126 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Yeah! 200 more points! Thanks, tainted!

#127 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Oh no. Lot's of "application errors" now when I try to go from offers back to the main site page...

#128 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Thanks for the points and the promotion TZ, the site keeps on improving by the day.

I love how you are rewarding current users and incentivizing people to join. I mean even if you had just signed up before you could have got a couple of free games already.

Plus the raffle promotion that gives anyone that trades a chance to win a brand new game is awesome.

Edited by antlp89, 16 January 2013 - 11:22 PM.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#129 taintedzodiac

taintedzodiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Oh no. Lot's of "application errors" now when I try to go from offers back to the main site page...

That was a site update rolling out. Should be back to normal now.

#130 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Awesome! Thank you!
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#131 likeme

likeme

LOVE ME SOME RPG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Something I'm working on but don't want to put out there until they look great. Have some art assets being worked on, but sigs are coming! :)

Awsome

#132 likeme

likeme

LOVE ME SOME RPG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Tainted, will you ever move to trading blu rays as well?

#133 taintedzodiac

taintedzodiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Tainted, will you ever move to trading blu rays as well?

While I haven't ruled them out, there aren't any plans to. I'm focusing on games for now so that we can be the best site for that.

#134 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

Wow, VGFive. I wake up this morning to see 200 points added to my account AND I have a game requested. Then I find out I'm first in line for Lego Star Wars III.

VGFive is making 2013 a good year for me.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#135 Karyyk

Karyyk

Brooding Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

Well, I just signed up and I'm not quite sure why I hadn't done that yet. I've been kind of active at Goozex over the years (108 trades sent, currently have 9 active), and while I don't see myself giving up over there just yet (3650 points have something to do with it), VGFive looks like it could be a bit more rewarding down the road. Time to get my feet wet I guess...

#136 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

So far for me it's better than goozex ever was (been trading there for over 5 years and over 1100 trades).

With VGFive I can't hold onto points long enough before being matched with another available game. Which causes me to send out more games to get more points. It's an endless cycle :D.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#137 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

^ yeap. I ran out if tokens and thought to myself. That's good now I can stock pile points. I saved up to 1200. I said ok ill go ahead and buy tokens and see what happens. I refreshed the page and it shows my points. Then it shows 0 points. Two trades accepted in a matter of seconds. Now I'm out of points again lol.

Hey tz. Can you add or is there a way to search for games based on points. Say I only have 100 tokens can I search for all games at this price?
check out my tradelist :

#138 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

I traded on Goozex or years, and cashed out last summer when the ship was starting to sink. The management made some huge mistakes in managing the trading system. I've been waiting for something else to come along to make trading easy again.

I signed up for VGFive a few weeks ago, and I really like what I'm seeing so far. This is what Goozex used to be...perhaps even better. I've already sent out 4 games, and received one (although, I'm only requesting a few right now due to a large backlog from Christmas). A lot of the games I have requested but on hold are available. I'm just not ready for them yet. I'm not a huge fan of the interface, but I realize that is a work in progress.

Tainted, thank you for all of the hard work you have put in making this happen.

Edited by aheineken, 19 January 2013 - 12:17 PM.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#139 taintedzodiac

taintedzodiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

^ yeap. I ran out if tokens and thought to myself. That's good now I can stock pile points. I saved up to 1200. I said ok ill go ahead and buy tokens and see what happens. I refreshed the page and it shows my points. Then it shows 0 points. Two trades accepted in a matter of seconds. Now I'm out of points again lol.

Hey tz. Can you add or is there a way to search for games based on points. Say I only have 100 tokens can I search for all games at this price?

The Available Games page has a filter option in the search area that limits the results by price. The "all games" area doesn't have that yet (work in progress).

#140 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Thank you. Ill give it a try.
check out my tradelist :

#141 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

love to see more handheld games listed hopefully soon :)

8 in 8 out so far with 3 more pending out i have not linked yet
WOOOO I STINK

#142 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

I've just been matched for an item and timed out twice (with the 24 hour timeout in between)... I'm assuming it's the same seller because there's only one copy listed.

Is there anything to stop this or will this cycle continue until the seller de-lists it?

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#143 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Two of us on VGFive are offering Bulletstorm yet there are 7 people who have their request for it on hold. It's bugging me for two reasons:

1. The points I get from this game will entitle me to get a PS3 game that I am first in line for. My first game from VGFive.

2. Bulletstorm was just traded on Goozex.

Trades are increasing, the site is growing, and more and more games are becoming available. A lot of people who have doubts about VGFive are really missing out on some good opportunities.

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#144 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

Just sent out my first game yesterday too bad I only got half the credits it was when I put the game up. I'm first in line for a couple n64 games but doesn't seem like people are really trading those for the time being

#145 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

Just sent out my first game yesterday too bad I only got half the credits it was when I put the game up. I'm first in line for a couple n64 games but doesn't seem like people are really trading those for the time being

i was thinking of sending some in but i no longer have a N64 and cant check to see if the games even work anymore
WOOOO I STINK

#146 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Sweet! Another game I owned was requested. It's nice to see there is still some love for PS2 games.

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#147 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hey tainted. Any plans to add Microsoft and play station points? I'd love to be able to get ms points through vg five as well.
check out my tradelist :

#148 taintedzodiac

taintedzodiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hey tainted. Any plans to add Microsoft and play station points? I'd love to be able to get ms points through vg five as well.

Possibly down the road. The one problem I see with this is that there's a history of people selling generated or otherwise stolen codes on sites like eBay and such. Wouldn't want people to be able to essentially launder these codes into games, but trading real codes is something I'd like to implement.

#149 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Maybe do physical cards only??
check out my tradelist :

#150 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Woohoo! Someone requested my copy of Bulletstorm.

Now if only I can get a game with the points I've earned so far.

"Designed By Lilchiji"