(DEAD)Assassins creed 3 -$33 with $3 video credit AMAZON

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#91 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

I'm on the phone with Best Buy price matching Halo 4 to Target's $39.99 price. Dude informed me I can only price match retail stores only. I told him I thought they expanded that policy to websites too, but he informed me they can only price match websites at the time of the purchase.

Being that this is a one day only deal from Amazon, should I just call Best Buy again and get another representative? It's a bestbuy.com order so I don't know if driving to a retail store would accomplish anything besides wasting gas.

The representative is right, the official policy is that they only PM websites at time of purchase. Since its a bb.com order, store wont be able to help you, your only option is to call back. If that doesn't work, wait till next week when Kmart has ACIII for $39.99, in the physical ad.
Posted Image

#92 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

I'm on the phone with Best Buy price matching Halo 4 to Target's $39.99 price. Dude informed me I can only price match retail stores only. I told him I thought they expanded that policy to websites too, but he informed me they can only price match websites at the time of the purchase.

Being that this is a one day only deal from Amazon, should I just call Best Buy again and get another representative? It's a bestbuy.com order so I don't know if driving to a retail store would accomplish anything besides wasting gas.

.com orders have to be PM'd over the phone. You should PM the Target price at a minimum. Technically they can deny you on the DLC bundle gift offer clause though. The fine print for Amazon PM's do not cover game software so technically they should deny that too but sounds like the current day purchase PM was incorrectly interpreted to me.

#93 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flaptop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Did you walk into your local store or do it over the phone? I would love to PM this but they never let me PM websites, let alone daily deals.

I walked in. It's on their website that they match Amazon.

"For the above promotions, the Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com."

Also, on AC3's page on Amazon, the price says nothing about being a daily deal. I just showed them the game on the Amazon app.

#94 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

.com orders have to be PM'd over the phone. You should PM the Target price at a minimum. Technically they can deny you on the DLC bundle gift offer clause though. The fine print for Amazon PM's do not cover game software so technically they should deny that too but sounds like the current day purchase PM was incorrectly interpreted to me.

Current day purchase PM for websites only, from bb.com:

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
Yes. Best Buy is currently running a Low Price Guarantee this holiday season. Look for the Low Price Guarantee badge next to qualifying products on BestBuy.com.

Appliance and electronics hardware products available in both Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store.

Most products only available from Best Buy at BestBuy.com ("Online Only Products") qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store. Online Only Products are products with the designation "From our Expanded Online Assortment" on the product description page. Online Only music, movies, games, mobile phones, digital downloads, pre-order, and refurbished products and products from Marketplace vendors on BestBuy.com do not qualify for the Low Price Guarantee.

For the above promotions, the Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com.

Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles.

Best Buy will not price match during the return and exchange period. Best Buy will not price match the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on Designated Major Online Retailers websites. Not valid on purchases at Best Buy Mobile stores or on Best Buy For Business purchases.

Customers can receive a price match on the above promotions by providing information about a competitor's price either with a Best Buy employee in our Stores or by calling 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify pricing to complete the price match.

Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply.

Edited by nuuuuj, 11 December 2012 - 07:06 PM.

Posted Image

#95 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

"For the above promotions, the Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com."

Also, on AC3's page on Amazon, the price says nothing about being a daily deal. I just showed them the game on the Amazon app.

You didn't read the whole policy, technically it only applies to appliances and electronics hardware, not software. See my post above. Any game PMs against website retailers (both during and/or after purchase) should be YMMV, but people have much better luck in the stores (myself included) than over the phone.

Edited by nuuuuj, 11 December 2012 - 07:03 PM.

Posted Image

#96 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

The representative is right, the official policy is that they only PM websites at time of purchase. Since its a bb.com order, store wont be able to help you, your only option is to call back. If that doesn't work, wait till next week when Kmart has ACIII for $39.99, in the physical ad.

Denied by a female representative now. Guess I'll be waiting till next week to price match Kmart. Thanks for the information guys, the worst thing Best Buy could tell me was "no."
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#97 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

You didn't read the whole policy, technically it only applies to appliances and electronics hardware, not software. See my post above. These PMs (both during and/or after purchase) should be YMMV, but people are having much better luck in the stores (myself included) than over the phone.

I have been having that exact problem for online orders, reps saying online purchases can only be price matched pre-purchase for websites. It's best to just buy in-store from now on if you want to price match websites.

#98 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

just go instore and return/rebuy. i have to do this every bestbuy.com pickup, but i still get my 1000 points for preorders.
ywah i tried to pm newegg farcry 3 yesterday for 50, but nogo, guess pm kmart ad next week also.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#99 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

If one of these credits was an MP3 credit, I probably would buy the game.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#100 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I just got done talking to a Bb rep, the price matching actually went fairly quickly... All she had to do was verify the price on Amazon and then she manually adjusted the price difference. Yay for money back on my card!! Thanks guys!

#101 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

I just got done talking to a Bb rep, the price matching actually went fairly quickly... All she had to do was verify the price on Amazon and then she manually adjusted the price difference. Yay for money back on my card!! Thanks guys!

Hmm, debating on whether I should call a third time now. I know Best Buy probably keeps a log on all these calls and me repeatedly calling them may raise some flags at their loss and prevention department.

Best Buy is becoming the equivalent of a girl I'm trying to go out with. "No Means No!"
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#102 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

I have been having that exact problem for online orders, reps saying online purchases can only be price matched pre-purchase for websites. It's best to just buy in-store from now on if you want to price match websites.

It's true, they just updated the price match policy a few days ago on the 9th. You can only price match competitor websites at time of purchase. No price match allowed during the return or exchange period for competitors website prices either. You can't PM video games to online retailers officially anyways but some CAGs are able to pull it off so ymmv.

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy is currently running a Low Price Guarantee this holiday season. Look for the Low Price Guarantee badge next to qualifying products on BestBuy.com.

Appliance and electronics hardware products available in both Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store.

Most products only available from Best Buy at BestBuy.com ("Online Only Products") qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store. Online Only Products are products with the designation "From our Expanded Online Assortment" on the product description page. Online Only music, movies, games, mobile phones, digital downloads, pre-order, and refurbished products and products from Marketplace vendors on BestBuy.com do not qualify for the Low Price Guarantee.

For the above promotions, the Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com.

Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles.

Best Buy will not price match during the return and exchange period. Best Buy will not price match the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on Designated Major Online Retailers websites. Not valid on purchases at Best Buy Mobile stores or on Best Buy For Business purchases.

Customers can receive a price match on the above promotions by providing information about a competitor's price either with a Best Buy employee in our Stores or by calling 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify pricing to complete the price match.

Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply.

#103 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Current day purchase PM for websites only, from bb.com:

Best Buy will not price match during the return and exchange period.

i stand corrected thanks. It's refreshing seeing knowledgable cags every now and then while sifting through a ton of repetitive questions from members.

#104 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hmm, debating on whether I should call a third time now. I know Best Buy probably keeps a log on all these calls and me repeatedly calling them may raise some flags at their loss and prevention department.

Best Buy is becoming the equivalent of a girl I'm trying to go out with. "No Means No!"

Yep. They keep a log of every call and case made under your name. Sometimes even the denials too.

#105 hle078

hle078

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

ac3 is tempting, but i won't be able to play it for a couple months... im hoping it'll be cheaper by next spring/summer
[URL="http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/hyuklee"]Posted Image[/URL]

#106 Tazzer88

Tazzer88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Probably going to get this and Halo 4 price matched at Best Buy in a little while to see if I can get the $40 gift card on top of this. Even have a $20 RZ certificate to make it even less.

#107 Nemo_Griffin

Nemo_Griffin

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

I wonder if you can use the gift card same day? Because I maybe getting Hitman Absolution (39.99 price point) and Assassin's Creed III (33.00 price point) then use the $40 dollar gift card that comes free so it would be $33 for both from Best Buy.

#108 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Yep. They keep a log of every call and case made under your name. Sometimes even the denials too.

I tried price matching Fry's one time and waited a week on a gift card for the difference. It never came and I called back inquiring about it. The rep was able to look up when I last called and found out in the notes that it was put through that I price matched a Fryer instead. :lol:

#109 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Thanks OP. Used the vita code. $23 shipped.

#110 eilegz

eilegz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

the best and only way to use the vita deal code since it expire this month....

#111 plastikpyro

plastikpyro

CAG veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

I just ordered one for $23. What an awesome price! Thank you Borexz for giving me your vita code, you just made my week bro!

#112 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

I got bestbuy to price match but holy hell was that difficult! 30 minutes I had to argue. I wouldn't even be so irritated if I didn't have to explain their own policies to them just about every time I called. I've only had one good retro PMing experience out of 8 or so.

#113 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I got bestbuy to price match but holy hell was that difficult! 30 minutes I had to argue. I wouldn't even be so irritated if I didn't have to explain their own policies to them just about every time I called. I've only had one good retro PMing experience out of 8 or so.

You had to argue because you wanted an exception to the policy. See prior pages of this thread for the exact wording, but the online price pm is valid only at time of purchase, not retro.

#114 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Somehow the $3 bothers me.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#115 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Somehow the $3 bothers me.

But you get it back in either trade-in credit or Amazon Instant video credit. If you use both then it's $17 instead of $23.

#116 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

I just said screw it and ordered ACIII. I am enjoying the Vita version so I might as well.

#117 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

had a $10 borderlands 2 promo code and the vita code so it was $13 shipped for me :D

lol i hope they dont take down that $35 gamestop trade in before the 16th so i can trade it in

thanks amazon

#118 Nemo_Griffin

Nemo_Griffin

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Doesn't seem Best buy wouldn't accept the price match, may call them later.

#119 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Please stop littering this thread with begging, buy and sell posts for the $10 off AC3 codes.

Put all requests for those codes in here:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=334224

#120 Candyvin

Candyvin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Got one for $23