Photo
- - - - -

Put On Your Yarmulke, Here Comes HanukkOTT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#331 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

I'm going to fire a firearm for the first time tomorrow with my gf's dad, who literally does that for a living...

I'm intimidated. :c

#332 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Pfft, have you shot a bow and arrow before? I know people who do all the time and that scares the hell out of me, knowing somebody could Rambo me and I wouldn't see it coming.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#333 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

I shot bow and arrow in middle school, lots of fun. Shot a gun for the first time last year, a shotgun. After a few shots you should be alright.

#334 GuyWithGun

GuyWithGun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I like guns. Problem is, ammo is way too expensive.

I would love to get into shooting a bow and arrow, but don't know where to start/not sure if I want to spend a few hundred dollars on a bow and target and stuff to get into it.
Posted Image

Thanks to Tiphireth for the help and modium for the pics.

#335 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Do like I do and reload your own ammo. Talk about scary...

Rocko, just remember to always be safe, listen to the guy instructing you and never, ever point a gun at something you don't mean to destroy. Also, finger OFF the trigger at all times until you're ready to fire. You'll naturally want to rest your finger on the trigger but you'll need to ignore that instinct.

Unless you're shooting a Mosin, 12 gauge or some sort of 50 BMG, you'll probably be surprised at how little they actually recoil.

#336 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

Second Post, Different Topic:

Wife wants a Kinect. Wii Fit isn't really doing it for exercise purposes anymore.
Is $250-$230 pretty much the lowest price to get one?
(Have a :ps3: . Am content with that. Not interested in the XBOX for games, it would be 95% for the wife just to use for Kinect and exercise purposes.)

There's a Kinect Nike Training bundle at stores, but it's $300 instead of $250.

#337 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

There's a Kinect Nike Training bundle at stores, but it's $300 instead of $250.

I think I just read in the Best Buy ad today that its 250

Posted Image
Posted Image

#338 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

You've gotta be Hulk to pull some of those bows and arrows back.
Posted Image

#339 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Anyone interested in $350 worth of Amazon GCs for $325?

#340 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

I think I just read in the Best Buy ad today that its 250

Even better, sorry was going by GS price. Get that and add on a Zumba game.

#341 DarlingNina

DarlingNina

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Love shooting guns. I never thought I would, but I befriended a country redneck with a huge gun collection. We went behind his house with some other friends and shot guns. Went to a range a couple of times and shot there as well. The only thing I don't like is the recoil. I used one gun where I actually had to stop because my hands hurt so bad.

#342 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Last time I shot anything was Scout camp and Sports camp. Nearly 30 years ago.
Can't imagine any kids summer sports camp allowing skeet and target shooting these days.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#343 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Love shooting guns. I never thought I would, but I befriended a country redneck with a huge gun collection. We went behind his house with some other friends and shot guns. Went to a range a couple of times and shot there as well. The only thing I don't like is the recoil. I used one gun where I actually had to stop because my hands hurt so bad.

Pistol? My wife has the same problem. The checkered grips hurt her hands.

#344 DarlingNina

DarlingNina

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Pistol? My wife has the same problem. The checkered grips hurt her hands.

Yeah, I believe it had the checkered grip as well, but I'm not 100% sure. My friend later got a Beretta, and I loved that thing. Didn't hurt my hands and basically no recoil. If I get a gun, I'm definitely going that route.

#345 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Outland is fun, but too hard for my deteriorating skills and limited patience.

I miss the days of cheat codes for infinite health and level skip.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#346 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Well, my best friend of 20 years and brother from another mother, his girlfriend gave birth to his first kid today. A girl. I just had to post this on his FB wall

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#347 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

I know it has gotten shit on pretty hard, but I kind of like Windows 8. It is going to take some getting used to, but there are a lot of nice things about it.

Posted Image

#348 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

Happy New Years, OTT!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#349 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

New Years day with a just turned 13 month old. Real life baby new years.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#350 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Do like I do and reload your own ammo. Talk about scary...

Rocko, just remember to always be safe, listen to the guy instructing you and never, ever point a gun at something you don't mean to destroy. Also, finger OFF the trigger at all times until you're ready to fire. You'll naturally want to rest your finger on the trigger but you'll need to ignore that instinct.

Unless you're shooting a Mosin, 12 gauge or some sort of 50 BMG, you'll probably be surprised at how little they actually recoil.

Yeah, my dad drilled basic firearm safety into me years ago when he would show me his guns, although I never got to fire one. I shot a 9mm and .45 (don't know much more about them than that...) and it was pretty entertaining. Weirdly, it was both more and less powerful than I expected... the recoil was less than I expected, but it was a lot more humbling than I thought to shoot just because it was a lot of power of my hand, I guess. I would definitely go again, I enjoyed it.

I know it has gotten shit on pretty hard, but I kind of like Windows 8. It is going to take some getting used to, but there are a lot of nice things about it.

gf's grandma got a new PC with Windows 8 and what I've seen of it looks really nice. Not sure if I'd go so far as to upgrade my PC to it, but it looks like it'd be fun to learn and play with.

#351 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Heads up - Infamous 2 is free right now for PS+ members.

Posted Image

#352 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Huh? It's been free.
It was one of the first 12 in the Instant Game Collection that they started after E3.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#353 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, my dad drilled basic firearm safety into me years ago when he would show me his guns, although I never got to fire one. I shot a 9mm and .45 (don't know much more about them than that...) and it was pretty entertaining. Weirdly, it was both more and less powerful than I expected... the recoil was less than I expected, but it was a lot more humbling than I thought to shoot just because it was a lot of power of my hand, I guess. I would definitely go again, I enjoyed it.

Yeah, when I first shot handguns, I was surprised by how little recoil there actually was but also surprised at how loud they were. I thought I could shoot the dinky little 9mm round without hearing protection...big mistake.

#354 Eviltude

Eviltude

Steam Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

I just purchased a new tv to replace the 32" LCD we had that got fried in a recent thunder storm. Anyone have any advice on what to do with the broken one, short of taking it to the recycling center?
Posted Image

#355 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

To be honest, windows 8 felt natural to me the first day I've tried it only because I've watched several videos on youtube on win 8 tablets lol.

#356 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

So Vita games don't come with manuals any more... it's stored on the cart. That's kind of disappointing, even though I never opened them. It's literally just a little cartridge inside a bare case.

#357 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

I'm so glad 2012 is over. Most of it consisted of paying thousands on car repairs and dealing with drama from work and family (more than usual). I can only think of four good things that happened to me in 2012:

1. Going to Wrestlemania.

2. Getting a complete release of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo on DVD. Seriously, this was stuck in licensing hell for years and finally it's available in full for everyone.

3. Entering a tournament [in house] for the first time at American Top Team and placing 3rd. Training with a bunch of great people really gets my mind off of work; I just wish I did more of it in 2012.

4. Winning a $50 Amazon gift card.

I really hope 2013 is better.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#358 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

So Vita games don't come with manuals any more... it's stored on the cart. That's kind of disappointing, even though I never opened them. It's literally just a little cartridge inside a bare case.

Yea, that's especially annoying. I'm very particular about getting my games complete (even used) so them missing manuals is frustrating. It's even worse because not all games are missing manuals, just most. Be nice if there was a list of what games come with what.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#359 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Yesterday felt like a Sunday. After breakfast I kept wondering why I couldn't find any NFL games on.
Today's now a Monday. Just feels...off.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#360 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Going back to work after Xmas/New Years break is tough. Not liking it at all. At least it's a short week.