Put On Your Yarmulke, Here Comes HanukkOTT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#361 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

I don't get the practical implementation of Ultraviolet. Vudu seems to be one of the main platforms for UV movies, which I have a couple from Blu-rays I've gotten as of late. The problem is that they don't support watching them on any platform other than Android from what I've tried, though I'd prefer to have access to them on PS3 and/or Xbox 360. It at least sort of addresses my disappointment with how much the Digital Copies of my Blu-rays hate Android for some reason.

#362 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

As a former student of Florida State, it warms my heart to see Florida self destruct on national television.

#363 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

As a former student of Florida State, it warms my heart to see Florida self destruct on national television.

It's nice to see an SEC school play like an ACC school on the big stage.

#364 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

I don't know what happened tonight. :c

#365 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Persons 4 is pretty fun. First persona I've ever played, playing it on the Vita.

#366 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

Yea, that's especially annoying. I'm very particular about getting my games complete (even used) so them missing manuals is frustrating. It's even worse because not all games are missing manuals, just most. Be nice if there was a list of what games come with what.

Look on Youtube for unboxing videos. There's usually at least one video of just about every game being opened. I like GOTY editions and the HD Collections of PS2 games, but I also like having the manuals and maps that came with the original versions. Looking at the videos helps me see what comes with what.

#367 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Morning, OTT.

Slow OTT is slow...we need New Years Resolutions to post more!!!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#368 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

The PSN store is so freaking slow. Then to add insult to injury, after I downloaded the demo (of Ni No Kuni) I had to manually start a ridiculously lengthy install because I had queued several things up in the background. I ended up having to leave it run over night. It wasn't even that big (for a FiOS connection - obviously FiOS isn't the bottleneck). Which is another issue: I can't power the thing off and have the download continue like I can on the Xbox. Not a massive issue, but still annoying. The other 2 demos I downloaded, I guess I'll have to manually start the install of today, and sit around for an hour or two while they do their thing.

#NewToPS3Problems

#369 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Really? According to this article, it's the bees knees:

http://www.gamespot....gerThe;ReadMore

It's a system built on giving rather than withholding. Plus nurtures the gaming audience while Gold segregates it.

Looks like it's giving you aggro...

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#370 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

I think you can power off the :ps3: and resume your download later. Frisky will correct me if I'm wrong.

I've left it running over night numerous times for the big downloads though. No problems with it.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#371 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

It certainly gave me time to reflect!

Yes, apparently you can power off and then resume later, but there's no a lot of point in that. The Xbox I can power off mid-download and it will continue the download completely silently and with minimal power use. The PS3 you have to leave on with fans whirring. It does shut off afterward, though I'm not sure if it shut off immediately, or if it waited for the timeout (2 hours I think).

#372 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

When you go to shutdown from the system menu (not just by pressing the PS button)
there's a little box you can check to choose "Turn System off after download completes."

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#373 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Kansas City Chiefs hired Andy Reid...all I can say is I hope you have better luck than Philly did and doesn't take 14 years to materialize.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#374 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Kansas City Chiefs hired Andy Reid...all I can say is I hope you have better luck than Philly did and doesn't take 14 years to materialize.

At this point I would take 5 NFC Championship appearances and a Super Bowl loss. At least that equates to more than one playoff win in 16 years.

Posted Image

#375 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Chiefs fans would love that. They really haven't been close to a title since Montana was there.

#376 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

I really hope Oddibe McDowell's water bill makes the Deadspin HOF. When I moved from Texas to NC in 1999 my friend gave me an Oddibe McDowell rookie card. He forged the autograph and tried to pass it off as authentic. We both agreed that even if it was authentic the card was probably still worth the same.

Posted Image

#377 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

The PSN store is so freaking slow. Then to add insult to injury, after I downloaded the demo (of Ni No Kuni) I had to manually start a ridiculously lengthy install because I had queued several things up in the background. I ended up having to leave it run over night. It wasn't even that big (for a FiOS connection - obviously FiOS isn't the bottleneck). Which is another issue: I can't power the thing off and have the download continue like I can on the Xbox. Not a massive issue, but still annoying. The other 2 demos I downloaded, I guess I'll have to manually start the install of today, and sit around for an hour or two while they do their thing.

#NewToPS3Problems

I just discovered the ridiculous way they handle game downloads. To dl a 15gb game you need 30gb of space. Doesn't make sense. Can't complain too much though since that was a free game I was dling.

Posted Image

#378 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

Died at the first P4 boss. I suck at RPGs.

#379 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

Idk why but suddenly I started thinking about the first time I flossed my teeth. After flossing each tooth I would smell and string, and it was nasty. So much gunk, saliva, and blood. The smell of all 3 combined was just... blerrghh

Its funny though. I only began flossing regularly after watching a tv interview starring anne hathaway. She mentioned about how she was able to tell that one of the actors she had kissed in one of her movies has never flossed before lol.

D:

Edited by giantqtipz, 05 January 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#380 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

I just discovered the ridiculous way they handle game downloads. To dl a 15gb game you need 30gb of space. Doesn't make sense. Can't complain too much though since that was a free game I was dling.

You need to have double the downloads space to install it. so if its 2gb you would need 4gb. I think after you download you get the "reserved space" back.
Idk why its like that it just is.

#381 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Hot Chocolate and Kahlua as a nightcap.

If I can't get past this part in Saints Row 2, I'm moving on.

I'm looking forward to playing the Arkham City GOTY I got for Christmas. yet I'm hesitant, for once it's finished there's nothing that good to replace it. (I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum. did all the riddles and most of the trophies. Even considered a second playthough on hard. Something I never do)

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#382 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

Hot Chocolate and Kahlua as a nightcap.

If I can't get past this part in Saints Row 2, I'm moving on.

I'm looking forward to playing the Arkham City GOTY I got for Christmas. yet I'm hesitant, for once it's finished there's nothing that good to replace it. (I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum. did all the riddles and most of the trophies. Even considered a second playthough on hard. Something I never do)

Have you played Deus ex human revolution?

I played arkham city after finishing Deus ex. It feels great playing one epic game after another.

#383 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Rented it from gamefly once. Generally, I'm not a fan of FPS though. Will maybe try it again once it goes super cheap.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#384 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Don't you still have Portal to play, or Portal 2? Both are great games.

#385 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Portal 2. Yeah. It's up there on my "Games I'm anxious to play" list. Technically, I should play it before Arkham City since I acquired it first.

I'd also like to get back into Quantum Conundrum and finish that too.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#386 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hello OTTers!

:wave:
Posted Image

#387 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Windows 8 Pro for $15? I may hate the operating system but I'm not dumb enough to pass that up.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#388 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Anyone want Uncharted 3? You can have it cheap.

#389 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Windows 8 Pro for $15? I may hate the operating system but I'm not dumb enough to pass that up.

Nice. Too bad my only Windows 7 device (my Sony lappy) just had the power port go to shit on Tuesday.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#390 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Early sunday morning. Going to be several early morning wake ups this week. Several late nights.

MC-2SD-Out.png<