Put On Your Yarmulke, Here Comes HanukkOTT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#391 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Windows 8 Pro for $15? I may hate the operating system but I'm not dumb enough to pass that up.

Thanks. I thought about upgrading my laptop after doing my desktop, but this put me over the top.

Posted Image

#392 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hello OTTers!

:wave:

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#393 Eviltude

Eviltude

Steam Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Anyone want Uncharted 3? You can have it cheap.

Yeah. PM sent.
Posted Image

#394 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Legos for the big kids. NFL Wild card games for Daddy. (for maybe a half hour)

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#395 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

I am going to be parting out some Halo 4 Mtn Dew 2x-XP codes I've been hoarding. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Also-
Two enthusiastic thumbs up for Siesta Key spiced rum, sh*ts golden, wherever Manthing is I hope he eventually gets a hold of some. I've never enjoyed nursing a straight spiced rum before.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#396 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Anyone have a purple relic they could trade to me for a few seconds in Borderlands 2?

Posted Image

#397 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

How goes it 83? How's the family and the future football star?
Posted Image

#398 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

I am going to be parting out some Halo 4 Mtn Dew 2x-XP codes I've been hoarding. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Also-
Two enthusiastic thumbs up for Siesta Key spiced rum, sh*ts golden, wherever Manthing is I hope he eventually gets a hold of some. I've never enjoyed nursing a straight spiced rum before.

PM sent.

Bummer I didn't think about dew XP codes until it was too late, so by the time I tried going to grocery stores for codes, all the Doritos bags were already gone.

card.png

#399 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

I went through the second and third seasons of The Wire in the past week and a half. I really want to take a little time off to let things sink in before I start the fourth season, but it's just so damn good.

For as slow as I thought S3 started out, it really picked up and turned out great. I honestly can't ever remember a moment in all of my TV viewing that literally took my breath like when
Spoiler
:cold:

#400 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

I finished watching that show about a month ago. Fantastic show, though I felt that the last two seasons weren't quite as good as the first three.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#401 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

I watched Asylum of the Daleks when it came on. Was my first full length Who epsiode. (had caught bits and pieces here and there).

Saw a few others out of sequence on BBC America. Started watching at the beginning with "Rose" on Netflix. will finish watching that tonight, and hopefully keep on a steady diet of it.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#402 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Morning, OTT.

How goes it 83? How's the family and the future football star?

Things are well, CF...and you?

He's all done with football for now (until Arena starts in 3 weeks), and we're on to Basketball. I'll just say, he should probably stick to football. He can pick up rebounds like a vacuum cleaner...he just can't put it in the basket, or dribble, or pass...I liken him to Dennis Rodman, without the tatoos.

He has fun though and always has a smile while playing, so that's all that really matters.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#403 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Reached Act 3 on my very first Dragon Age 2 playthrough nightmare difficulty. Its not hard as long as you have the right build and party combination.

It was frustrating as hell in the begining though. I had to kite a lot.

#404 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Morning, OTT.

Things are well, CF...and you?

He's all done with football for now (until Arena starts in 3 weeks), and we're on to Basketball. I'll just say, he should probably stick to football. He can pick up rebounds like a vacuum cleaner...he just can't put it in the basket, or dribble, or pass...I liken him to Dennis Rodman, without the tatoos.

He has fun though and always has a smile while playing, so that's all that really matters.

Things are well here as well.

I completely agree with your last sentence. It is crazy how much my little man has changed when he plays sports. Last year during basketball he was a bit timid and not sure about it. He warmed up during teeball and soccer. And now he is to the point in basketball that he is one of the better kids on his team and is always smiling or being a goofball during practices. He may only be 5, but he could end up being a good basketball player, assuming he grows and stays athletic.
Posted Image

#405 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

http://kotaku.com/59...ssor-to-shaq-fu

How the Fuck is Shaq's spiritual successor to Shaq-Fu not getting more coverage on CAG?

Posted Image

#406 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

http://kotaku.com/59...ssor-to-shaq-fu

How the Fuck is Shaq's spiritual successor to Shaq-Fu not getting more coverage on CAG?

Because CAG is full of racists?

___

in other news, I downloaded and installed the $15 Windows 8...Looks slick, but on the negative, I seem to have lost all my installed programs including Office 2010, to which I can't seem to locate my disk to reinstall. And my sons Science Fair project is was on it, and the documents seem to be unreadable.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#407 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

Because CAG is full of racists?

___

in other news, I downloaded and installed the $15 Windows 8...Looks slick, but on the negative, I seem to have lost all my installed programs including Office 2010, to which I can't seem to locate my disk to reinstall. And my sons Science Fair project is was on it, and the documents seem to be unreadable.

That sucks. I know that when I installed it on my desktop it actually crapped out and I had to reformat the whole machine. One of the windows updates after I installed 8 killed the install. When I installed it on my laptop, I actually had it carry over everything, and it seemed to install fine on that machine and nothing was messed up (windows failed an update, but it didn't kill the os and force a reformat).

Posted Image

#408 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

Beat Borderlands 2 - the first game I've completed since June.

Posted Image

#409 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Morning, OTT.

I was able to download a 60 day trial of Microsoft Offie 2010. That will get me through the Science Fair and hopefully I can find my Office CD around by the time its up. I noticed that there is a windows.old file on my computer that has my version of Office. Is there a way I can scrub those files and locate the Product key?

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#410 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Free XCOM DLC just released. No new missions, but the gameplay tweeks warrant another playthrough, in my opinoin.

http://www.gamespot....ew-dlc-6402071/

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#411 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I still have to play the vast majority of XCOM yet, so no DLC for me. It's a great game, but I keep ending up with other games to play too.

Crunchewy.png

#412 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Morning, OTT.

Why won't this thread die?

Man. F'ing migraine. going to throw more coffee at it to kill it.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#413 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Morning, OTT.

I was able to download a 60 day trial of Microsoft Offie 2010. That will get me through the Science Fair and hopefully I can find my Office CD around by the time its up. I noticed that there is a windows.old file on my computer that has my version of Office. Is there a way I can scrub those files and locate the Product key?

Possibly but unlikely. Keys are usually stored in the Registry, sometimes encrypted. However, if you run the application there's a chance that the product key will be listed on the splash screen or under "About..." as Microsoft is sometimes apt to do.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#414 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

been playing so much dragon age 2, and i suddenly have the urge to call people "shem" or "shemlen" randomly.

watch where yer goin shem.
what you up to shem?
yer kind isnt allowed ere shem

#415 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

So does anyone have opinions on the newest kindles (non-fire)? My kindle 3 broke, and I either want the $69 regular one or the paperwhite. Is it worth the extra $50 for the better resolution with the paperwhite?

#416 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

I want a paperwhite but I haven't seen one in the wild. I guess it depends on how you read. I read in bed, so with a paperwhite I won't need to get up and night and turn off the light. I can keep the lights off and read.

But I still need to see one. Because I might not like the glowy screen. I guess, ask yourself if you read at night in bed? If yes, then at least consider the paperwhite. If not, save the money.

#417 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

I have a nice book light, so that's not the main attraction. I'm more into the higher resolution. Or am I wrong about that?

#418 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

So does anyone have opinions on the newest kindles (non-fire)? My kindle 3 broke, and I either want the $69 regular one or the paperwhite. Is it worth the extra $50 for the better resolution with the paperwhite?

I have the paperwhite and I absolutely love it. Backlight, better resolution, super fast dl speed, touch screen, and my favorite thing - it has an auto sleep / auto on feature if you use the official cover. I can't recommend the paperwhite enough.

Posted Image

#419 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

I doubt it happens but I really hope Bowie tours behind his new album.

#420 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

I doubt it happens but I really hope Bowie tours behind his new album.

Ohhhhhh man that would be amazing. Hearing Changes live would be the most incredible experience.

Posted Image