Best Buy -- 2 Games + $40 GC for $100 or $80

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#31 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

Add 2 of the games to your cart. You'll see the giftcard.
This is a link to it: http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1200703016338

skuId is the sku: 8724106

Also says the sku if you visit the link.

oh, lol

#32 tcextreme

tcextreme

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

Yeah, call reps are YMMV as well. But at least you can always contact a new one right away. The process just takes forever.

As for BBY's supposed Price Match policy - I still feel as though it doesn't deny you double-dipping at all. Usually just manager-speak. When I asked to see the policy, he just rudely said "it's hanging on the wall over there", and it was the basic one that doesn't mention it at all...

As a lot of people said, it seems to be YMMV. But just to give you guys hope I bought Hitman Absolution twice and was able to successfully PM via .com CS while still keeping the gift card. Your local managers may try to give you some bs, but since Target actually has an ad out this week with a few of these games being $39.99 you should be able to PM no problem.

What would the problem be with PM-ing it? (Amazon has them all at $39.99, and ACIII at $33.)

#33 jaredstorm

jaredstorm

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

Does AC3 work with WiiU version?

#34 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

I'm so tempted to try that. But I already got AC3 for $23 by itself. $83 for another AC3 and BlOps 2 is tempting though.

#35 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

I did this the day of the promotion with farcry 3 and resident evil 6, but I only price matched RE6 for $40 at gamestop
ymmv for sure but $100 for 2 games and a $40 gift card is nice, RE6 trade in value is about $20, if I wanted, I could have $60 in gift cards along with my farcry 3....
in my mind, I have a free game. but I am a little crazy

#36 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

Yeah, call reps are YMMV as well. But at least you can always contact a new one right away. The process just takes forever.

As for BBY's supposed Price Match policy - I still feel as though it doesn't deny you double-dipping at all. Usually just manager-speak. When I asked to see the policy, he just rudely said "it's hanging on the wall over there", and it was the basic one that doesn't mention it at all...

What would the problem be with PM-ing it? (Amazon has them all at $39.99, and ACIII at $33.)

The problem is that some managers deny you of getting both GC and PM. "Either, or"

#37 Nemo_Griffin

Nemo_Griffin

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

I've got $33.00 ACIII and $39.99 Hitman Absolution price matched from Amazon today. While they charge full price for it, they said that they are refunding me the difference when they ship it. The person said they are refunding me $57, but it's supposedly $46.99 by my accounting.

#38 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

Of course you aren't supposed to double dip. Just be honest with yourself. Youre going out to get a deal that the rules try to prohibit.

I broke rules myself combining b2g1 with pre orders last time bestbuy had that sale. No need to justify or hide it.

#39 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

Good deal if you are looking to get new/semi new games for a good price. You are basicly paying 40 dollars out of pocket for 2 new games if you play your cards right.

kikyou1.png

#40 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

would love to go back with my FC3 receipt, buy Hitman and get the $40 GC...im guessing this is impossible though? Seems like a lot of stuff would need to be done, and I don't want to risk losing my $20 promo cert...
Posted Image

#41 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

So this is kind of a weird thing and I ran into something similar the other day.

Anything that you price match via online retailer that best buy offers a gift card for w/ purchase, regardless of the price match the system FORCES you to put money on a gift card, otherwise it will not allow you to finish the transaction.... so yeah.

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#42 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

Double dipping? Theres no clause saying just because theres a giftcard added, no pming... "free giftcard" they say its free? Then damn if I don't get it for FREE

#43 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

might as well give this is whirl, if it works, it works and if it doesnt then meh

#44 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

How long wil AC be $33? I wanna price match it tomorrow around 11am...

Only for another hour, call them now. I just called them again and PMed AC3 and RE6 with the $40 gift card

#45 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

I personally bought Halo 4 and Far Cry 3 for $100 but you can probably score two games and a $40 GC all for only $80!

Why $100? Halo is $40 and FC3 is $50. Did your BB not allow for a PM to Fry's?

#46 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

Why $100? Halo is $40 and FC3 is $50. Did your BB not allow for a PM to Fry's?

Fry's is only in some states so i dont think he was able to pm them

#47 Leilas_Dad

Leilas_Dad

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

I got the phone rep at the bestbuy phone number to pm ac3 for 33 and Halo 4 for 40 (threw in halo 4 just to get gc and re-sell it on ebay for cost), the exact scenario was i called, chose 'more choices' or w/e, told them i wanted to pm a videogame, get transfered, they ask if I bought it or want to buy it, said want, told them amazon.com is where the lower prices are, gave them the sku's of the 2 games, then when they did the prices right, mention the buy 2 games get a 40$ giftcard, they asked for the giftcards sku, gave it to them ($40 blue giftcard) then I had to pay for it over phone, but $77 shipped for ac3, halo4, and $40 giftcard!
tl;dr phone reps are easy to take advantage of.
warning: YMMV!!! Someone said they couldn't get their rep to pm for them.

Boom! Called Customer Service and followed the steps described above. That took like 10 minutes, ordered ACIII and Halo 4 w/free $40 GC for $78.90 after tax and free shipping. Just be polite to the person on the phone, couldnt have been any easier...

#48 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

tempting, still waiting for the 2 for $70 deal next week at TRU. Dishonored and Far Cry 3.

#49 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

If I bought Hitman last week for $59.99 + $20 giftcard would I be able to get a Target price match this week? If so how do I go about doing that? I don't have my receipt on me it's at my house, is there a number I can call, I do have a reward zone card.

#50 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

For those of you having issues with getting this PM'ed, don't even mention the free gift card to the representative.. Just give them the SKU of two video games that you want PMed, and then give them the SKU for the $40 gift card (8724106). The gift card will automatically ring up as $0.00.

I was a little indecisive, so I actually spoke to four different representatives for four different orders.. I ordered AC3 twice, hitman absolution twice, resident evil 6 twice, and then halo 4 and dishonored.. Three out of the four reps did it without any questions asks, the last rep told me she would not be able to do it because it is considered "double dipping". I walked her through the steps of adding the two video games and then PM'ing them. Once she was done, I told her to add the gift card by giving her the SKU, and I told her if it doesn't ring up free I'd pay for it (but I knew it would ring up free). She added the SKU of the gift card and it automatically rang up free, so she submitted the order with the free gift card.

Remember, be polite to the person assisting you and simply have them PM the video games and then just add the gift card SKU. Don't be that guy that calls about price matching and being able to keep the "free gift card", cause they will try to turn you down for double dipping.

#51 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

If I bought Hitman last week for $59.99 + $20 giftcard would I be able to get a Target price match this week? If so how do I go about doing that? I don't have my receipt on me it's at my house, is there a number I can call, I do have a reward zone card.

Log into your rewards zone, if you linked your account during the time of purchase it will show up under your points statement with a receipt you can print out.

#52 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

Log into your rewards zone, if you linked your account during the time of purchase it will show up under your points statement with a receipt you can print out.

crap. it shows that hitman is 39.99 with a 20$ giftcard on my receipt, I thought it would be 59.99 with 20$ giftcard then the giftcard got couponed off.

#53 Leilas_Dad

Leilas_Dad

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

crap. it shows that hitman is 39.99 with a 20$ giftcard on my receipt, I thought it would be 59.99 with 20$ giftcard then the giftcard got couponed off.

I bought Hitman Absolution Professional Edition with the $20 GC promo too, and what I did was I went to customer service and said "Hi, I bought this last week, and in this weeks ad, if I buy it with another game there's a promo for a free $40 GC" bla bla bla...

Anyways, they let me do a return/rebuy, though of course your return would be for $39.99, but ask them to price match Target's Hitman Price or just get another $39.99 game and get the $40 GC.

#54 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

I wanna take advantage of this, seems like the easiest way is through the phone? How long are the estimate shipping?
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#55 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

Posted this on the other thread but thought Ill post here as well.
After reading the BB policy again, this is YMMV...

so Congrats to those you got in on the 40GC PM deal... Just wanted to add, I believe the CS rep was referring to this policy http://www.bestbuy.c...cat290300050001
to deny my PM on the phone. PRetty stupid of BB to send us an email about there competitive PM and then change the policy. :/ I will try my luck in store tomorrow and hopefully have better luck there.

edit: Looks to me, BB has added more restrictions to PM for the holidays.

"
Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy is currently running a Low Price Guarantee this holiday season. Look for the Low Price Guarantee badge next to qualifying products on BestBuy.com.

Appliance and electronics hardware products available in both Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store.

Most products only available from Best Buy at BestBuy.com ("Online Only Products") qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store. Online Only Products are products with the designation "From our Expanded Online Assortment" on the product description page. Online Only music, movies, games, mobile phones, digital downloads, pre-order, and refurbished products and products from Marketplace vendors on BestBuy.com do not qualify for the Low Price Guarantee."

**edit:
BB may probably do away PM online soon, :(

"Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?

No. Unless Best Buy is running a test or promotion under this Guarantee that allows for Price Matching Internet retailers, we do not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met). "r

#56 WesWarlord

WesWarlord

I'll Take the Case!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Does AC3 work with WiiU version?

No. Ive purchased ACIII for the Wii U and Halo 4 previously. I tried to get them to PM and the system didn't allow for the giftcard because ACIII was for Wii U.

I've been racking my brain trying to think of a way to make that deal work and I can't think of anything.

#57 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Is this deal for cags recently released from prison who couldn't get any of these games for much cheaper out of pocket during Black Friday deals?

What you talking about?
If you do the math properly the games come out to be 20 dollars each after the GC.
Dishonored and other on BF was 25 dollars. Except Horizon which was 15.
So yes is a heck of the deal if you score!
Especially with the Creed game PM from Amazon comes up to be 13 after the GC.

Young Grass Hopper!

#58 vegeta4567

vegeta4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

I did this last night by pm assassins creed 3 from amazon and also got far cry 3. It work fine and smoothly. No problems at all and the $40 gc was prompted in the computer.

#59 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

What you talking about?
If you do the math properly the games come out to be 20 dollars each after the GC.
Dishonored and other on BF was 25 dollars. Except Horizon which was 15.
So yes is a heck of the deal if you score!
Especially with the Creed game PM from Amazon comes up to be 13 after the GC.

Young Grass Hopper!

I believe he was referring to the out of pocket charge and not overall savings. Yes we do save more money with this deal (which I am very happy with), however people have to also put up more money at the time of purchase (I.e. instead of $25 out of pocket you are paying $78-$80)

#60 vegeta4567

vegeta4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Does anybody knows what happens with the gift card if one of the games is returned?