Best Buy -- 2 Games + $40 GC for $100 or $80

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#61 vegeta4567

vegeta4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Or, if the one game gets exchanged for another game that is not on the list, I wonder if the gift card stays w the $40. For example exchanging far cry for black ops 2.

#62 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Or, if the one game gets exchanged for another game that is not on the list, I wonder if the gift card stays w the $40. For example exchanging far cry for black ops 2.

The gift card is a condition of having at least two of the select games listed in your order, if you remove one of the listed games and replace it with one not listed then they will take away the gift card during the return.

#63 vegeta4567

vegeta4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Epic Mickey 2 for ps3 and Xbox can be price match to $39.99 from GameStop ($29.99 for Wii) and Resident Evil 6 is also $39.99 at GameStop.

#64 1badta

1badta

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Looks like a good deal. Thinking about Sleeping Dogs and Hitman. Any thoughts on how good these games are?

#65 vegeta4567

vegeta4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

The receipt shows the gift card broken down under the games. For example assassins creed $33... Right below, it says gift card and it is $14.33.

Then far cry 3 $59.99 and the gift card is $25.67. I was thinking that if I return far cry, they deduct $25.67 from the card too. But idk if they just charge that from your return money. Meaning that instead of giving me the $59.99 back, they would only give me $24.$$ after deducting the $25.$$ gift card.

#66 vegeta4567

vegeta4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Looks like a good deal. Thinking about Sleeping Dogs and Hitman. Any thoughts on how good these games are?

Haven't play hitman yet but sleeping dogs I an amazing game. One of the few games I played from beginning to end lately. There's also some dlc now where I believe the people turn into zombies.

#67 WesWarlord

WesWarlord

I'll Take the Case!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

The receipt shows the gift card broken down under the games. For example assassins creed $33... Right below, it says gift card and it is $14.33.

Then far cry 3 $59.99 and the gift card is $25.67. I was thinking that if I return far cry, they deduct $25.67 from the card too. But idk if they just charge that from your return money. Meaning that instead of giving me the $59.99 back, they would only give me $24.$$ after deducting the $25.$$ gift card.

Well I had considered buying ACIII for Xbox and then returning it since I'd already bought ACIII WiiU and Halo from BB previously. Guess I'm left out on this deal.

#68 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Dang, not valid on PC titles

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#69 CappinA

CappinA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

I tried getting the two 3DS games deal for the Kmart price. The customer service rep said he though I could do it, but when a manager got involved he shut me down. My recommendation is to just bring the items to check out, mention that you want to have prices matched, but don't say a word about getting them in tandem with the Best Buy promotions. If it doesn't work, you can always just return them later.

#70 GiiFTuD

GiiFTuD

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I was wondering if the CAG wizards(at getting good deals obviously) could help me with something. I am new here and want to take advantage of this fantastic deal. Could someone kindly provide me with the steps to how I should do this?

1.) In order for BB to price match Halo 4 at Target, do I need to bring in Target's AD or just print it out online via a screenshot of the page or whatever may be?

I'm looking to buy FarCry 3 and Halo 4 as somebody earlier in the thread decided to do. How should I approach this entire scenario? Huge kudos to those that help me and I'll actively start coming on here and finding deals for the community.

#71 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

@GiiFTuD
Use this, mention the store name and price for Far Cry 3/Halo 4at PM

For those of you having issues with getting this PM'ed, don't even mention the free gift card to the representative.. Just give them the SKU of two video games that you want PMed, and then give them the SKU for the $40 gift card (8724106). The gift card will automatically ring up as $0.00.

I was a little indecisive, so I actually spoke to four different representatives for four different orders.. I ordered AC3 twice, hitman absolution twice, resident evil 6 twice, and then halo 4 and dishonored.. Three out of the four reps did it without any questions asks, the last rep told me she would not be able to do it because it is considered "double dipping". I walked her through the steps of adding the two video games and then PM'ing them. Once she was done, I told her to add the gift card by giving her the SKU, and I told her if it doesn't ring up free I'd pay for it (but I knew it would ring up free). She added the SKU of the gift card and it automatically rang up free, so she submitted the order with the free gift card.

Remember, be polite to the person assisting you and simply have them PM the video games and then just add the gift card SKU. Don't be that guy that calls about price matching and being able to keep the "free gift card", cause they will try to turn you down for double dipping.

BTW, any know if you can PM Newegg at Bestbuy?

#72 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

@GiiFTuD

It is very YMMV since their extended holiday price guarantee for online retailers is supposed to PM appliances and hardware, not software products. But newegg.com is listed on the approved BestBuy price matching websites, so it really comes down to how well the representative knows the current holiday online retailer price matching policy. I don't think you will have any issue with getting them to price match newegg.com, I think the main problem with a lot of these orders is the double dipping rule with trying to get the gift card while price matching an online retailer.

#73 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

For all of you still trying to convince yourselves (or better yet justify) that this isn't double dipping. From the best buy price match policy:

Buy It Now with Confidence
Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Don't be surprised if you get turned down. Don't come in here bitching about it, and please don't go off about the managers being wrong/rude/telling you to GTFO. This has ALWAYS been BB's policy, it hasn't changed for the holidays, and it applies to their own deals as well as their competitors. If you can get it to work, great, but it is YMMV, plain and simple.
Posted Image

#74 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Does anyone know how this will work without voiding the FC3 promo cert? I have no doubt I could go back today with t receipt and get them to let me by another game and get the GC, but if return rebuy is the only option, then ill lose out on my cert without telling CS about it on the phone
Posted Image

#75 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

@jep42877 I was concerned about the same thing but if you go to BB grab another game and return/rebuy the FC3 you would be getting the $20 "promo" now instead of in a month from now. Also you may be able to get them to PM FC3 to a lower price than $60 or PM another game to a lower price. All in all it is a better deal if you want any of the games on the list.

#76 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

@jep42877 I was concerned about the same thing but if you go to BB grab another game and return/rebuy the FC3 you would be getting the $20 "promo" now instead of in a month from now. Also you may be able to get them to PM FC3 to a lower price than $60 or PM another game to a lower price. All in all it is a better deal if you want any of the games on the list.

Well now to figure out if I want to rebuy RE6 to beat the last 2 chapters of everyone's story, or get Hitman Absolution.

I feel like I'm really going to piss off CS though when I bring my FC3 receipt, ask if I can adjust for the deal, PM Target's Hitman, THEN ask for the $40 GC on top of all that...
Posted Image

#77 midloo

midloo

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Well now to figure out if I want to rebuy RE6 to beat the last 2 chapters of everyone's story, or get Hitman Absolution.

I feel like I'm really going to piss off CS though when I bring my FC3 receipt, ask if I can adjust for the deal, PM Target's Hitman, THEN ask for the $40 GC on top of all that...

Well... it's pretty obvious what their policy is and you're asking to violate that. So... yeah.

Anyone remember Circuit City going out of business? Enjoy the cheap gamezzzzz.
Posted Image

#78 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Well... it's pretty obvious what their policy is and you're asking to violate that. So... yeah.

Anyone remember Circuit City going out of business? Enjoy the cheap gamezzzzz.

What is their policy then? As far as I can tell, all I've been hearing about this holiday season from them is they'll price match any and everyone. THEY'RE the ones offering the $40 GC in the first place, and I paid $60 for FC3 last week, so why shouldn't I be able to go back and readjust the price to get the deal?

And I didn't imply I'd piss them off because of me "cheating" the system. I said that because I'm sure this is going to require a lot of rescanning and overrides (maybe..)

In fact...it might be easier just rebuying FC3 and Hitman, keep the $40 card and Hitman, return FC3 on my original receipt, then call CS and tell them everything so that ill still keep my promo cert. honestly, this method would probably end with me getting the $20 automatically applied to my account instead of waiting 15 days AND getting the gift card deal with no hassle.
Posted Image

#79 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Need for speed, hitman, and dishonored. What's gonna be my forth in that price range?

Ps3 otherwise I'd get Forza

#80 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Well I find it dumb they dont let us pm games that they give giftcards with, otherwise some cases a giftcard would be WORSE than a pm, save $27 on ac3 and $20 on halo, but if no pming with the gc, thats making you spend $47 more out of pocket just for a 40$ gc. $47 in savings or $40 giftcard

#81 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

But im glad people are having luck with the phone reps!

#82 GiiFTuD

GiiFTuD

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

@GiiFTuD

So I call on the phone and tell them about Halo 4 being $40 at Target and then order halo 4 and far cry 3 and give them that number for the gift card at the end?

#83 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

I bought Halo 4 on launch day at BB, do you guys think they will price adjust to Targets ad?

#84 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

So I call on the phone and tell them about Halo 4 being $40 at Target and then order halo 4 and far cry 3 and give them that number for the gift card at the end?

Amazon works too but yes, do exactly what I did in my post, call the bestbuy # tell them to direct u to gaming, u get transferred etc, then tell the gaming rep you want to pricematch a game, also give them your rewardzone #, no you didnt buy it yet you intend to buy, they ask where the lower price is, you tell them, they ask for the bestbuy SKU of the item (found on their website), they do there little pricematch ritual, then also give them the SKU of the giftcard, you can find it on other posts in this thread, then they read off the items and the prices your paying, after that its checkout over the phone time, gotta use a credit or debit card cant use paypal over the phone :(
Shows up in your order history almost instantly, Mine shipped today, 77$ for halo and assasins creed, with the giftcard :)

#85 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Could I just use the other game as a placeholder for the awesomeness that is Q1 2013?

#86 Shadow2222

Shadow2222

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Ugh, I called my Best Buy and they won't price match and do the gift card. Time to call the reps.

#87 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Could I just use the other game as a placeholder for the awesomeness that is Q1 2013?

It's two qualifying games, so no, but here, get two halo 4's, trade in one to BB with the +50% bonus and 10% for gcu, get $40 or so, then bam put it on a giftcard and your set, Q1 2013 game for $20 (best I can think of)

#88 Shadow2222

Shadow2222

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Great, the two customer reps I spoke to wouldn't let me complete the purchase because she was familiar with the promotion and said I would have to purchase a gift card separately.

#89 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

It's two qualifying games, so no, but here, get two halo 4's, trade in one to BB with the +50% bonus and 10% for gcu, get $40 or so, then bam put it on a giftcard and your set, Q1 2013 game for $20 (best I can think of)

Now we talking about flipping CAG style

Halo 4*2 ($40*2) = $80
-40 GiftCard
-TIV Halo 4*2 (24*2*1(0.5+0.1)) = 76.8 !50% bonus trade in + 10% Gamers Club Unlocked

Invest total 80+tax, return 40GC+76.8GC(Trade In)
WOW 35+ extra

Ps: Reward certificatesfor Pre-order $20. basically you could get the game almost FREEEEEEEE

#90 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Just came back from getting my release day copies of AC3 and Halo 4 PM'd to get the $40 gift card (Also PM'd both on release day for $49.99) had no problem both say price match on my receipt so I'm sure my certs. from preordering will be just fine and dandy also Pm'd BO2 down to the $49.99 sale price.All in All $53 back I'm pretty happy
Posted Image