Best Buy -- 2 Games + $40 GC for $100 or $80

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#91 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Just came back from getting my release day copies of AC3 and Halo 4 PM'd to get the $40 gift card (Also PM'd both on release day for $49.99) had no problem both say price match on my receipt so I'm sure my certs. from preordering will be just fine and dandy also Pm'd BO2 down to the $49.99 sale price.All in All $53 back I'm pretty happy

What happens if you use the certificate and return the game after?

#92 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Just came back from getting my release day copies of AC3 and Halo 4 PM'd to get the $40 gift card (Also PM'd both on release day for $49.99) had no problem both say price match on my receipt so I'm sure my certs. from preordering will be just fine and dandy also Pm'd BO2 down to the $49.99 sale price.All in All $53 back I'm pretty happy

I was refused price matches on AC3 and Halo 4. Are you a silver member? If not, why the hell wasn't I able to PM those games?

I grabbed the games about a week after release date. Her explanation was that it was outside the 30-day window, but not late enough into the month to qualify for the holiday price match promotion.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#93 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

I was refused price matches on AC3 and Halo 4. Are you a silver member? If not, why the hell wasn't I able to PM those games?

I grabbed the games about a week after release date. Her explanation was that it was outside the 30-day window, but not late enough into the month to qualify for the holiday price match promotion.

ymmv

#94 Shadow2222

Shadow2222

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

I don't think you passed HS math.

You'll be trading in and getting less than what you paid for it.

Actually, he is right.

Buy:

1. Halo 4 - $39.99
2. Halo 4 - $39.99
3. $40 Gift Card - $0.00
Total: Approximately $84 after tax

Trade:

Both Halo 4 copies for - $76.80 after promotions

He then gets to keep the $40 gift card which he essentially only paid about 9 to 10 dollars for (plus he would get a $20 reward certificate for preordering).

#95 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Yea I'm silver they tried to tell me that at first too because AC3 came out 10/31 and halo 4 11/06 just outside of PM range for regular members if bought on release day

#96 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

What happens if you use the certificate and return the game after?

Your account would get put 1000 points in the hole if you're talking about returning a pre order you got the $20 certificate for preordering

Edit:yes you get the $20 certificate for preordering with gift cards still

#97 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Actually, he is right.

Buy:

1. Halo 4 - $39.99
2. Halo 4 - $39.99
3. $40 Gift Card - $0.00
Total: Approximately $84 after tax

Trade:

Both Halo 4 copies for - $76.80 after promotions

He then gets to keep the $40 gift card which he essentially only paid about 9 to 10 dollars for (plus he would get a $20 reward certificate for preordering).

Thank you!
you basically pay $84 fo 116.8GC in BestBuy

Also, Im not sure you can trade in two Halo 4 at the same time. may require another GCU and ID for the second one trade in.

#98 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

I'm about to stop by Best Buy...can someone tell me my best bet for gettin this deal in my case?

I have my FC3 receipt ($34.54 after $5 deposit, and $25 RZ certs).

Should I just say I want to buy Hitman and see if they can price match FC3, or will they have to do a return/rebuy to get it all on the same receipt with the GC?

In all honesty, they could just deduct $40 off Hitman...it doesn't matter to me.
Posted Image

#99 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Well, you won't get the extra reward zone points forthe $60 then.

Its only $2.4 any way(2%*2 GCU bonus)

#100 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

You also just paid $84 to save a few bucks on a $40 gift card.

Your last few posts have made it seem like you have no clue what you're talking about.

#101 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Go in, tell them you want to price match them. If they cant for FC3 they can for Hitman. Dont mention $40 gift card. And it should prompt it automatically. Just act suprised when it does lol.

You can pick of Play station allstars for $20. Normally $60 if you use Gamestops glitch. If it works and you have a PS3.

Wait...what am I telling them I want to PM? Hitman or FC, or both?

I know walmart and target have Hitman for $39.99...but Idk who has FC3 for sale
Posted Image

#102 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Because he is paying $84, trading in for 76 and hasas a $40 gift card? Effectively meaning he paid about $ 10 or so on a $40 gift card. Nothing really special.

hmm let's see, Pay $10, get a $40GiftCard. Pre-order The Last of US, chip in $20+3.75 Cash/tax + $40 GC. Reward Certificate $20.
10+3.75 cash/tax for The Last of Us FIRST DATE?:applause::applause:(You may have a chance to PM during return period, $50 at Walmart,Target,etc within the 30 days of release? I could totally see that happen)

Yeah you holding about $115 GC value, but look at those GCU 20RC pre-order list: The last of us, tomb raider, Crysis 3,Splinter Cell, GTA V........

PS: PM while still keeping the $20 Reward Certificate, hows that work? I heard the 20RC promotion end after 7th days of release.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

It seem somewhat contradicting

#103 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Both. Frys has $50 FC. If they cant price match that, then hitman for $40 at target or wherever.

Yea...but my far cry is on a separate receipt. And to PM Hitman would be a new transaction...so where are these 2 games getting combined to prompt the $40 GC pop up to the sales rep?

Idk where you're going with this.

I could PM FC3, and then BUY Hitman for $39.99 on a different receipt...but that process isn't going to get me the GC.
Posted Image

#104 todrigo

todrigo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Because he is paying $84, trading in for 76 and hasas a $40 gift card? Effectively meaning he paid about $ 10 or so on a $40 gift card. Nothing really special.

LoL still not exactly what is happening (he's actually trading $84 US Dollars for $116 Best Buy Dollars a nice 38% ROI). But to say that 25 cents on the dollar for best buy credit is not special, that is crazy.

#105 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

What he really wanted was halo 4 and some game from Q1 2013, so I suddgested he can trade in one copy of Halo 4 and get back his cost on it more or less, then he can use that 40 towards the game not yet out, and keep the giftcard and his copy of Halo 4.

#106 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

LoL still not exactly what is happening (he's actually trading $84 US Dollars for $116 Best Buy Dollars a nice 38% ROI)

Or bumping up credit if he has gift cards
Posted Image

#107 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

What are you talking about? Have you already bought FC? if not, PMs go on same receipt. If you can't PM FC then just PM hitman for $40 and it will give you a $40 GC for the both of them.

If you pre ordered FC to get $20, you cant do this promotion.

Of course I already preordered it. Did you not read my first post?? "I have my FC3 receipt"...

And of course I can do this promotion. I just get them return/rebuy FC3 with Hitman for the GC, then I call up CS an tell them that no ACTUAL return was made, but describe the details, and chances are they'll automatically credit the promo $20 on my account..
Posted Image

#108 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Lol the things people will do to save a few dollars.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#109 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Lol the things people will do to save a few dollars.

few dollars no, bout $40 from the GC and the savings from the PM? Sure!

#110 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

The math in here....this is why CAGs are poor!

#111 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Had no problem whatsoever pm'ing Amazon for Halo 4 and getting that and Far Cry 3 for $105 with the gift card. Mayngomback tomorrow and pm Sleeping Dogs and Madden 13 for another gift card.

#112 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

sold my far cry 3 after matching it and ACIII for 40$ each with 40$ gift card promo, sold halo 4 along with it, then re-bought halo 4 with hitman at a pricematched 40$ each and recieved giftcard without a hitch. managed to pick up playstation all-stars for 20$ as well. good day for gaming!... if I didnt have finals to study for :(

#113 d_south_cr

d_south_cr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

So can I price match my Borderlands 2 (Oct 26) and Halo 4 (Nov 6) and get some cash back?

#114 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

sold my far cry 3 after matching it and ACIII for 40$ each with 40$ gift card promo, sold halo 4 along with it, then re-bought halo 4 with hitman at a pricematched 40$ each and recieved giftcard without a hitch. managed to pick up playstation all-stars for 20$ as well. good day for gaming!... if I didnt have finals to study for :(

wheres far cry 3 OR (AC3 after yesterday ended) For $40???

#115 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Has anyone been able to do this today over the phone? I'd really like to get 3 games + $40 gift card if possible, two halo 4 and 1 hitman absolution.
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#116 battousai8728

battousai8728

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

can i PM target for Halo 4 and Forza Horizon on bestbuy.com? Just trying to get some gifts while perhaps getting my self a little something...
also what's this about PMing Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

#117 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

why 3 games? It's buy two get the giftcard.

#118 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

can i PM target for Halo 4 and Forza Horizon on bestbuy.com? Just trying to get some gifts while perhaps getting my self a little something...

also what's this about PMing Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Either in store or call them to pm, cant do bestbuy.com pricematch, instore they don't like to pm ang give gc, over phone they do the website purchase in place of you, but should work eventually once u get the right rep.

#119 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

why 3 games? It's buy two get the giftcard.

3 because i can reach the $100 for $50 off my AMEX too. So i can take advantage of the whole thing. It'll end up being $10 per game. But first i'll need to know if the reps have caught on.
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#120 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

wheres far cry 3 OR (AC3 after yesterday ended) For $40???

sorry if I wasn't clear, but I meant that I price matched the current deal of getting a 40$ giftcard with the two-game purchase. they just gave me 20$ off both far cry and ACIII.