Best Buy -- 2 Games + $40 GC for $100 or $80

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#121 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

3 because i can reach the $100 for $50 off my AMEX too. So i can take advantage of the whole thing. It'll end up being $10 per game. But first i'll need to know if the reps have caught on.

Get a fourth game then, get a 2nd giftcard? Third halo 4 for $40 and get another $40 giftcard, free copy of Halo 4.

#122 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

3 because i can reach the $100 for $50 off my AMEX too. So i can take advantage of the whole thing. It'll end up being $10 per game. But first i'll need to know if the reps have caught on.

Smart...I forgot about the $50 off $100

Get a fourth game then, get a 2nd giftcard? Third halo 4 for $40 and get another $40 giftcard, free copy of Halo 4.

Even smarter. Do they allow you to take advantage of the deal twice in one order?

#123 Person808

Person808

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

Did anyone try to PM Newegg's price on Halo 4 for this deal? I know target has it for $39.99 but Newegg has it for $5 less (with promo code).

http://promotions.ne...omepage-_-promo

#124 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

Did anyone try to PM Newegg's price on Halo 4 for this deal? I know target has it for $39.99 but Newegg has it for $5 less (with promo code).

That would probably be a long shot, as every rep I dealt with actually verified the price and availability on Amazon before they price matched the item. Unfortunately it says that the item is currently out of stock on Newegg, not to mention the actual gaming page still displays it as $59.99. Most reps will only go as far as opening up newegg and searching for the actual game, it is very YMMV whether or not the rep actually goes through the trouble of finding the ad and then accepting the $34.99 promo code price. But as I said the bigger problem is the fact that the item is out of stock, since they have to verify that the website actually has the item in stock. I got lucky with Assassins Creed 3 as when I PMed it, it stated "back in stock on December 16th", but the rep was nice enough to list it as in stock and price match it for me.

I guess at this point the only way of really knowing is by calling them and seeing what they can do for you, just don't get your hopes up too much. My recommendation is that you find the holiday ad on the newegg website and walk the rep through on how to quickly find it.

#125 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Smart...I forgot about the $50 off $100

Even smarter. Do they allow you to take advantage of the deal twice in one order?

Not sure if it's possible to get 2 gift card per order.

Edit: tried adding for games to cart but it only gave me one gift card so if it doesn't work online I'll doubt it'll work anywhere else for 2 gift card per order
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#126 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

If you got a smartphone and can pull up the price in cart to show to them you might have a chance

#127 GiiFTuD

GiiFTuD

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

Is this promotion only for today?

#128 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

Feels good man.

Just went to Best Buy and picked up Far Cry 3 & Dishonored. Price matched Dishonored at Target for $39.99 and then tried to price match Far Cry 3 at Frys for $49.99. We don't have a local Fry but the manager did the override. I was surprised that they didn't question it more, it is active on the website though I had it pulled up on my phone just in case. My total with tax was $97.xx then I got the $40 gift card both games for $57.xx

#129 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

I was at Target a minute ago as well, and noticed that Just Dance 4 was $29.99 for PS3. Just Dance 4 is on the 2 with $40 gc promotion. I thought about picking up two copies and price matching Target, $60 with $40 gc if I seen it right. My wife wants a copy of Just Dance 4 anyways, then could just sell the other copy.

#130 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

I pm'd two Forza's and got the gift card with no problems. Just manager approval for the PM.

#131 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

Not sure if it's possible to get 2 gift card per order.

Edit: tried adding for games to cart but it only gave me one gift card so if it doesn't work online I'll doubt it'll work anywhere else for 2 gift card per order

Bummer, but oh well. Three games w/ $40 GC for $70 is a STEAL!

#132 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Bummer, but oh well. Three games w/ $40 GC for $70 is a STEAL!

Ya it is I just hope I can get a rep that will allow this to work now. Also typo, *four not for lol.
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#133 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

This rep is taking forever in PMing two games. WTF is so hard about this?

#134 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

This rep is taking forever in PMing two games. WTF is so hard about this?

yeahhh they take a while...

#135 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

yeahhh they take a while...

Well, that one struck out. After about 25 min, he said it can't be price-matched without having the "Low Price Guarantee" logo on the site page. I just said thanks, and bye.

Luckily, my next rep was nice, and quick. (teehee) She talked about how Hitman looked interesting even though she wasn't a gamer herself, and about how her son loves playing video games. Got through it in less time than the first rep and got Hitman+RE6 for $80 with a $40 GC. Paid for by my trade-ins at BB. Win!

#136 battousai8728

battousai8728

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Either in store or call them to pm, cant do bestbuy.com pricematch, instore they don't like to pm ang give gc, over phone they do the website purchase in place of you, but should work eventually once u get the right rep.

wait so I have to place the order over the phone? I really don't want to drive to bestbuy if I don't have to...

#137 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

wait so I have to place the order over the phone? I really don't want to drive to bestbuy if I don't have to...

In my opinion this is honestly the best way to go about getting this deal to work. The very first rep that I encountered was able to go into an existing order I had made three days ago and PM it and add in the gift card, but the second rep I encountered told me they are not allowed to alter existing orders so I would have to cancel my order and simply have them place it for me. I didn't go to my store since I am currently in the Caribbean, and even if I wasn't I highly doubt my store manager would have approved the gift card and price adjustment.

#138 battousai8728

battousai8728

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

In my opinion this is honestly the best way to go about getting this deal to work. The very first rep that I encountered was able to go into an existing order I had made three days ago and PM it and add in the gift card, but the second rep I encountered told me they are not allowed to alter existing orders so I would have to cancel my order and simply have them place it for me. I didn't go to my store since I am currently in the Caribbean, and even if I wasn't I highly doubt my store manager would have approved the gift card and price adjustment.

okay cool. yea I don't mind calling...just never heard of placing an order through phone.

#139 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

okay cool. yea I don't mind calling...just never heard of placing an order through phone.

It is pretty much just a sales representative adding the stuff to your cart and checking you out on their computer just like you would on your own. If you get a knowledgable rep you can breeze through the phone order in 10-15 mins.

#140 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Just got back from the Fargo, ND Best Buy. Grabbed 2 copies of Halo 4, PM'd the $39.99 price in the Target ad, and got the $40 gift card with no issues at all.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#141 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

Bump:
PM while still keeping the $20 Reward Certificate, hows that work? I heard the 20RC promotion end after 7th days of release.
(im kinda newb on GCU)

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

It seem somewhat contradicting

#142 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

^HOw so?!...
You have 7 days to pick up the game to qualify for the rz points. and 30 days to pm if the game goes lower.
The 20 promo does not apply to this deal since you will need to redo the transaction for the giftcard. but a PM for 40 is ok.

#143 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

^HOw so?!...
You have 7 days to pick up the game to qualify for the rz points. and 30 days to pm if the game goes lower.
The 20 promo does not apply to this deal since you will need to redo the transaction for the giftcard. but a PM for 40 is ok.

So in my case, where I bought FC3 last Tuesday using RZ certs for half of it, how would I go in tomorrow with my receipt and get the gift card?

I want Hitman, but others have said for me to get the preorder $20, I can't get this deal. I could honestly care less about PMing EITHER game...I just want the gift card; any PM that may happen in the process is just bonus.
Posted Image

#144 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

You can only get one GC. Return FC all together, PM Hitman to $40, and FC is 60. Your total is 100 and you get $40 gift card. 2 brand new games for $30 a piece

Oh okay...so are saying buy FC3 and Hitman, then return te FC3 on my original receipt?

Why can't I just bring in my FC3 receipt, they type in a few things and add Hitman on for $20 (after $40 deduction..so no GC)...OR...just ring up Hitman like normal, add my already purchased FC3 onto the deal, then just throw the gift card in?
Posted Image

#145 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

Oh okay...so are saying buy FC3 and Hitman, then return te FC3 on my original receipt?

Why can't I just bring in my FC3 receipt, they type in a few things and add Hitman on for $20 (after $40 deduction..so no GC)...OR...just ring up Hitman like normal, add my already purchased FC3 onto the deal, then just throw the gift card in?

Ur best bets getting hitman, and Halo 4, and the gc, trading in Halo 4 for about $40 (what u pay) walkout with Hitman and $80 credit, essentialy buying a $80 giftcard with a free Hitman game!

#146 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

Like I said before, Halo 4 is a good filler, since with the pm its about the same for what you paid after you trade it in with the +50% this week and +10% from gcu.

#147 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

I'm feeling pretty good about Far Cry and Dishonored for $90 + tax. So far, Far Cry is a really good game as well. Just got ate by a shark.

#148 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

I'm feeling pretty good about Far Cry and Dishonored for $90 + tax. So far, Far Cry is a really good game as well. Just got ate by a shark.

Damn dude, you just definitely made me more tempted to buy this game right now instead of later down the line... I have so many games on my backlog it is ridiculous and perhaps even unwise for me to consider buying it now cause it will take me a while to get to it.

I guess I got my entire plane ride tomorrow to decide whether or not I want to pick up this game.. If Amazon.com or another retailer drops this to $39.99 I will definitely bite.

#149 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

I want Hitman, but others have said for me to get the preorder $20, I can't get this deal.

That's not true I preordered both AC3 and Halo 4 and got the $20 certificate and the $40 buy 2 deal. My best advise would be to go buy Hitman tomorrow PM it to whoever you know has the best deal. You could then go to the customer service desk and tell them you want to PM to get the $40 GC back for buying those two specific games it might be tough getting them do it since they already PM'd one down for you that day if that's the case come back another day before the sale ends with both receipts and tell them you want to PM for the $40 gift card back deal.If they give you a problem about it about it being on two receipts tell them they can just take $20 off each one and give it back to you on a gift card. And as long as the transaction shows as price match or exchange on your receipt you will still get you $20 certificate for preordering FC3.

#150 GiiFTuD

GiiFTuD

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

Thanks everyone for helping me with this.