Best Buy -- 2 Games + $40 GC for $100 or $80

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#151 tcextreme

tcextreme

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

For all of you still trying to convince yourselves (or better yet justify) that this isn't double dipping. From the best buy price match policy:

Buy It Now with Confidence
Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Don't be surprised if you get turned down. Don't come in here bitching about it, and please don't go off about the managers being wrong/rude/telling you to GTFO. This has ALWAYS been BB's policy, it hasn't changed for the holidays, and it applies to their own deals as well as their competitors. If you can get it to work, great, but it is YMMV, plain and simple.

1. The "offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items" that you quote are in reference to products that you are price matching from, not price matching to. When you read all the terms that are ineligible, they are in reference to the products from other sources. It begins with "Our competitors'" and lists the rest of the terms in reference to their competitors. How could you price match or purchase something from Best Buy that is "out of stock"?

2. A manager being rude is not an apt response to someone who is not being rude to him/her. I calmly explained my reasoning to him, and he was rude. I don't think that's justifiable at all.

3. This is a forum and we are stating our opinions. I think it odd that you expect people not to do that on a message board. If you don't particularly enjoy reading what we write, then just ignore it or don't read it.

#152 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

I may just go the Halo 4/Hitman route...

seems the easiest, and can all be done back at the gaming area.

Since most of the gaming employees know me..maybe they'll allow me to open the game and trade it in right there.

I was planning on saving the credit anyways, as I am looking to buy a new iPad...so having the extra $40 in credit isn't a negative to me.
Posted Image

#153 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

Yea that's a good route to go PM both to $40 apiece and get $40 gift card back

#154 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

That's not true I preordered both AC3 and Halo 4 and got the $20 certificate and the $40 buy 2 deal. My best advise would be to go buy Hitman tomorrow PM it to whoever you know has the best deal. You could then go to the customer service desk and tell them you want to PM to get the $40 GC back for buying those two specific games it might be tough getting them do it since they already PM'd one down for you that day if that's the case come back another day before the sale ends with both receipts and tell them you want to PM for the $40 gift card back deal.If they give you a problem about it about it being on two receipts tell them they can just take $20 off each one and give it back to you on a gift card. And as long as the transaction shows as price match or exchange on your receipt you will still get you $20 certificate for preordering FC3.

So you can PM pre-order game after 7th day of release and still be able to get the $20 RC?:hot:

#155 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

Yea that's a good route to go PM both to $40 apiece and get $40 gift card back

Yea..that'll also guarantee I get my FC3 certificate too.

And tomorrow (today i guess :p ), is my last day of GCU, so that'll get me that lat $2.40 from Halo, instead of having to re-up again...which I eventually will..just not tomorrow lol

EDIT: anyone have any luck PM'ing the Professional Ed. of Hitman down to $39.99? I know it's already marked as $59.99 on BBY's site.
Posted Image

#156 Aseldo

Aseldo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

I think I'll try my local best buy for two copies of halo 4.

#157 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

Guess ill pre order every game now. So if they do this again, ill get $80 in gift cards. And spend $20 each for first day release.

Yea I was able to pay $50 on release day for AC3 and Halo 4 factor in the $20 certificate apiece and the $40 gift card back deal that's like paying $10 to have them on release day.and that's not counting what I got off of selling the preorder bonuses and traded them in its a no lose situation

EDIT: JCP : anyone have any luck PM'ing the Professional Ed. of Hitman down to $39.99? I know it's already marked as $59.99 on BBY's site.

Won't hurt to try they PM amazon prices

#158 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Yea I was able to pay $50 on release day for AC3 and Halo 4 factor in the $20 certificate apiece and the $40 gift card back deal that's like paying $10 to have them on release day.and that's not counting what I got off of selling the preorder bonuses and traded them in its a no lose situation

Yeah, I feel stupid for not pre-ordering FC3. I thought that I wouldn't like it too much.

#159 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

not sure if this has been answered, but has anyone placed an in store pickup order of 2 games and then call CS to get the price match difference? Or get them to price adjust when picking up order? The gift card is being shipped and I imagine it will ship right when you pick up the order.......

#160 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

not sure if this has been answered, but has anyone placed an in store pickup order of 2 games and then call CS to get the price match difference? Or get them to price adjust when picking up order? The gift card is being shipped and I imagine it will ship right when you pick up the order.......

Orders placed online have to be PM'd over the phone even if it's a in-store pick-up
Posted Image

#161 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

EDIT: anyone have any luck PM'ing the Professional Ed. of Hitman down to $39.99? I know it's already marked as $59.99 on BBY's site.

How? Where?

#162 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

I think it was on amazon earlier for that price but when I went to check just now it was back to $59.99

Edit: No that was the Hitman Trilogy I seen don't know where JCP seen it for that price
Posted Image

#163 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

I think it was on amazon earlier for that price but when I went to check just now it was back to $59.99

Edit: No that was the Hitman Trilogy I seen don't know where JCP seen it for that price

That's what I thought. The Professional edition never dropped to $40

#164 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

Got 2 Halo 4's PM to $39.99 and got the $40 gc.

#165 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

My very first order was hitman absolution twice for in-store pickup, not that the in-store pickup or shipping should make any difference in regards to PM'ing. I was able to successfully price match that existing order and getting the $40 GC, however every order that I had to do live over the phone as when I placed a second order and tried to PM I was told that they are unable to PM existing orders with a bundle promo, but told me if I talked to a sales rep they would be able to do it for me.

Orders placed online have to be PM'd over the phone even if it's a in-store pick-up

I know their official policy states that it has to be handled via the phone, however I have done all my PM for in-store and shipped orders before this specific del in my local Best Buy store without any issues. Of course with that said, this is YMMV.

#166 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

I know their official policy states that it has to be handled via the phone, however I have done all my PM for in-store and shipped orders before this specific del in my local Best Buy store without any issues. Of course with that said, this is YMMV.

Oh I guess it is YMMV I was in the store one time when someone else was trying to PM an online order they did for in-store pick up and the lady told them it wouldn't let her do anything since it was an online order
Posted Image

#167 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

Well I tried to get the price adjusted over the phone for an instore pickup that I placed. The person over the phone said that she could not verify that target had it cheaper and suggested I get the adjustment in store.....? I suppose I'll give that a shot

#168 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

Try pming amazons price.

#169 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

Agh, this pricematching stuff is confusing me. So if I got AC3 on Oct. 31st and Halo 4 on Nov. 6th, I can still go back to the store and have them price-matched???

EDIT: What about the $40 gift card? Can that be retroactively added too?

Edited by PrarieD0G, 13 December 2012 - 07:07 AM.

#170 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

Agh, this pricematching stuff is confusing me. So if I got AC3 on Oct. 31st and Halo 4 on Nov. 6th, I can still go back to the store and have them price-matched???

EDIT: What about the $40 gift card? Can that be retroactively added too?

Since you already bought them you could either A) price match them seperate ex.Halo 4 $39.99 AC3 whatever its on sale for now or B) get them to PM it to the buy 2 get $40 back but since you picked those up on release day you would have to be a silver member to get the PM since its out of the 30 regular return period
Posted Image

#171 JoeDaddy

JoeDaddy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

It took four attempts via phone but I was able to place two orders.

First order went perfect, took less than 6 minutes. The CSR even mentioned the $40 GC to me and proceeded to tell me what a great deal it was.

Second & Third attempts failed miserably with both telling me that either a.) you couldn't PM video games over the phone and/or b.) that you couldn't PM video games at all.

The fourth was just as smooth as the first. Provided the 2 Best Buy sku's and after she confirmed the price on Amazon I asked to add the sku for the $40 GC. She did without issue and took about 10 mins.

Dishonored, Just Dance 4 & $40 GC for $72.xx
Halo 4, Forza Horizon & $40 GC for $83.xx

Not a bad deal at all!

#172 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Not sure if I'm tired or not, but it seems some people are trying to get a price match/adjustment AND get the $40 GC offer to stack on games they preordered that had $20 in RZ points...

#173 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Not sure if I'm tired or not, but it seems some people are trying to get a price match/adjustment AND get the $40 GC offer to stack on games they preordered that had $20 in RZ points...

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing too, and I don't understand how this is possible. Milking the system much? Starting to look like SD up in here.

#174 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

yup you can same way you can pm 2 copies of Halo 4 for $39.99 and still get the $40 GC

Edit:Yup milking the system if thats what you call it but getting the $20 for preordering has nothing to do with PMing I got the $20 as incentive to pre order it wasnt a $20 to stop me from PMing the game
Posted Image

#175 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

But only if you're a silver member right? Or have they changed the PM policy for the holidays? I've seen people say so many different things in this thread on their policies that I don't know what to believe anymore. Their website isn't exactly super helpful either.

#176 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

regular members have 30 days so that means halo 4 and AC3 are off the table for regular members that preordered since they came out 10/31 and 11/06 silver members have a 60 day PM window which is how they can still get the $20 certificate,and the $40 GC for buying those games if they preordered
Posted Image

#177 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

Okay, thank you. Guess I'm SOL on this one then.

#178 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

yup you can same way you can pm 2 copies of Halo 4 for $39.99 and still get the $40 GC

Edit:Yup milking the system if thats what you call it but getting the $20 for preordering has nothing to do with PMing I got the $20 as incentive to pre order it wasnt a $20 to stop me from PMing the game

the $20 RZ points for preordering does not affect price matching as mentioned on the official forums by BBY reps.

getting a price adjustment on a purchase where an offer ie GC was given is against policy.

getting a price match and then purchasing where the POS allows for an offer with GC is fine though ymmv if an employee notices and cares to say no.

getting an offer to apply to a prior purchase is very ymmv unless you return and rebuy.

now getting a price adjustment AND having a current offer apply on a PRIOR purchase that was a preorder involving the $20 RZ is very ymmv.

not sure how people are doing this.

I am silver btw.

#179 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

getting a price adjustment on a purchase where an offer ie GC was given is against policy.

Well I didnt know that and I'm guessing alot of best buy workers including managers dont either since anytime a PM is done they must come give the ok on it

now getting a price adjustment AND having a current offer apply on a PRIOR purchase that was a preorder involving the $20 RZ is very ymmv.not sure how people are doing this.

well didnt PM Halo and AC3 today I did on release day though down to $50 went today and got a $20 GC for each to match with the $40 GC offer

I am silver btw.
Well if you preordered either 2 of Halo 4,AC3,or FC3 you can get the $40 GC offer also

/
Posted Image

#180 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

I don't see why its not possible to PM AND get the $40 gift cards. But it isn't a hassle either to just PM, get the gift cards and return the new games with the old receipt.