Best Buy -- 2 Games + $40 GC for $100 or $80

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#181 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

well I preordered 2 AC3s (one on each system) in the same online order. I already PM'd.
also preordered two copies of Halo 4... in separate online orders. I have not PMd yet.

I was able PM 2 Halo 4s in store and got the $40 GC. Also PMd 3ds games and got the $20off to stack.

My issue/question is how people are getting the promo offer ($40) on prior purchases, specifically $20 RZ preorders. PM I get. Return/rebuy for offer and PM makes sense as well but this subtracts the 1000 RZ points if the games were part of that preorder promo.

#182 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

I don't see why its not possible to PM AND get the $40 gift cards. But it isn't a hassle either to just PM, get the gift cards and return the new games with the old receipt.

When you get a gift card as part of your purchase it is considered a "bundle", and Best Buy does not do price matches on bundles before or after your purchase. But hey everyone wants to get cheap games while beating a dead horse(Best Buy).

http://forums.bestbu...tch/td-p/637554

#183 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

When you get a gift card as part of your purchase it is considered a "bundle", and Best Buy does not do price matches on bundles before or after your purchase. But hey everyone wants to get cheap games while beating a dead horse(Best Buy).

http://forums.bestbu...tch/td-p/637554

Yeah, I was denied a PM of RE 6/Hitman + the gift card at my BB because of this. I'm thinking the employees who are giving both either don't know the policy or they just don't care.

#184 Darker

Darker

Monk of Ivgorod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Thanks OP got 2 Halo 4s pm'd for $40 and got the gift card :D

#185 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Maybe Midnight PM is most easier since the workers is very sleepy, lol

#186 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

The system prompts them to give you the $40 gift card even when you price match. I think the language on BBYs site is them price matching another stores "bundle or package". I have had no problems moving credit from BBY buying Just Dance 4 wii/360 and Forza Horizon and price matching those for $29.99/$39.99 and getting the $40 gc and trading the games to GS. The one time a manager said I can only get either or but not both, the system prompted for the gift card and they said "sorry I was wrong, you can get both".

#187 GiiFTuD

GiiFTuD

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Farcry 3 is $50 at Target now. I PMed Farcry 3 and Halo 4 and got the gift card to use on them.

#188 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

The system prompts them to give you the $40 gift card even when you price match. I think the language on BBYs site is them price matching another stores "bundle or package". I have had no problems moving credit from BBY buying Just Dance 4 wii/360 and Forza Horizon and price matching those for $29.99/$39.99 and getting the $40 gc and trading the games to GS. The one time a manager said I can only get either or but not both, the system prompted for the gift card and they said "sorry I was wrong, you can get both".

Gonna try and get Just Dance 4 :wii: and Sleeping Dogs :360:. Price match JD4 to kmart for $30 and Sleeping Dogs to newegg for $30. Not even gonna mention the gift card to the cashier until the end and see what happens. Worst case I just return JD4 (I want sleeping Dogs anyway).

#189 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Does anyone know if someone else can use your RZ card for a trade in?

I'm probably going to get Halo and Hitman in a bit but since I don't have a 360, gonna trade on Halo 4 right away. Could my brother wait in the car, then go in when I get out and trade in Halo using my RZ card for the GCU bonus?

I could probably do it myself...but I don't want it to look THAT obvious haha.
Posted Image

#190 tcextreme

tcextreme

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

After the prompt appeared on the system at my local Best Buy, the manager said they had a code somewhere to kill the deal. Some people working there appeared never to have heard of it. I wonder if it really exists... I'm tempted to go back and see what ensues when I try to check out.

#191 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Does anyone know if someone else can use your RZ card for a trade in?

I'm probably going to get Halo and Hitman in a bit but since I don't have a 360, gonna trade on Halo 4 right away. Could my brother wait in the car, then go in when I get out and trade in Halo using my RZ card for the GCU bonus?

I could probably do it myself...but I don't want it to look THAT obvious haha.

GCU bonus only 10% of base value, which $2.4 for halo 4. Not much a difference, Your bro should just trade without RZ card.
I dont think bestbuy system rule multiple game trade in for the Same ID. So normally is the employee that turn you down for trade in 2 copy at the same time. If you really want that extra 2.4. trade in another day or another store.

#192 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Gonna try and get Just Dance 4 :wii: and Sleeping Dogs :360:. Price match JD4 to kmart for $30 and Sleeping Dogs to newegg for $30. Not even gonna mention the gift card to the cashier until the end and see what happens. Worst case I just return JD4 (I want sleeping Dogs anyway).

This worked. Probably still YMMV, but all I did was grab my two games, head to the cashier and ask for PMs on each. Manager performed the two overrides and left. Cashier was like, "Oh, it looks like you get a free gift card too!"

So, if you are interested in getting a PM and the free gift card, just head to the cashier and present the prices on your phone and I'm pretty certain that will work for you too.

#193 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Newegg. It's in the post just above yours.

#194 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

I'm still confused about PM a game that's tied in to the $20 RZ promo. If you try to PM 2 games from separate orders wouldn't they have to do a Return/rebuy in order for the $40 GC to show up? Both games have to be on the same receipt from what I'm understanding. I'm silver and I bought Far Cry 3 which I already PM from Fry's at release day.

#195 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

I'm still confused about PM a game that's tied in to the $20 RZ promo. If you try to PM 2 games from separate orders wouldn't they have to do a Return/rebuy in order for the $40 GC to show up? Both games have to be on the same receipt from what I'm understanding. I'm silver and I bought Far Cry 3 which I already PM from Fry's at release day.

That can possibly screw your 1000 bonus points over, I think you'd be fine to do a return rebuy but it would have to fall within that week window to pick up the game. I did a return rebuy earlier this week (without PMing, would've been shot down it was confusing enough as it was) with far cry. I'm watching my RZ account to see if they remove and reapply my 1000pts for the preorder. I cannot speak with certainty that you will not be facing an issue trying to get those 1000pts back if they remove them from your account.

However, I think, especially since you're silver, you should be able to find a rep who will help you out if you can produce all the receipts. If BB could just perform the pricematch without having to return rebuy that would solve so many of these issues. Just take $20 off each game without having to return them and then I don't have to worry about forfeiting my points....

Anyway, like I said, if you do try and PM to newegg/target this week, just make sure you do it at the cashier lanes as I think you'll be more likely to find an associate who will just automatically scan through the gift card. One thing however, don't try and use a gift card and/or reward zone certificates greater than the total of the games minus the $40, because the system will not take them. So for example, in my case the games were $29.99 each and I received a $40 gift card, so the "product" total was only $20, I tried to use a $50 reward zone certificate and the system would not let me do it....

#196 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Farcry 3 is $50 at Target now. I PMed Farcry 3 and Halo 4 and got the gift card to use on them.

LIES!

http://www.target.co...um_1_2&term=far cry

http://www.target.co...um_1_1&term=far cry

#197 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Thanks, but that's too much work since I did a .com order. Just trying to do the PM last week was already a pain, imagine trying to do this and explaining to the phone rep what you want to do. Not worth it, I'll just stick with my $30 copy of Far Cry 3 after you factor in the $20 RZ plus all the possibility of the game going lower that $50 in the near future.

#198 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Thanks, but that's too much work since I did a .com order. Just trying to do the PM last week was already a pain, imagine trying to do this and explaining to the phone rep what you want to do. Not worth it, I'll just stick with my $30 copy of Far Cry 3 after you factor in the $20 RZ plus all the possibility of the game going lower that $50 in the near future.

Exactly why I didn't fight for a PM earlier this week with that and Halo 4, it got overwhelming and confusing for the rep (especially since I had paid in RZ certs). However, if you are looking to buy Hitman, Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs, or any of the other games on the list and didn't preorder them, I'd recommend doing what I did so you could get the PM and the free gift card.

#199 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

That can possibly screw your 1000 bonus points over, I think you'd be fine to do a return rebuy but it would have to fall within that week window to pick up the game. I did a return rebuy earlier this week (without PMing, would've been shot down it was confusing enough as it was) with far cry. I'm watching my RZ account to see if they remove and reapply my 1000pts for the preorder. I cannot speak with certainty that you will not be facing an issue trying to get those 1000pts back if they remove them from your account.

However, I think, especially since you're silver, you should be able to find a rep who will help you out if you can produce all the receipts. If BB could just perform the pricematch without having to return rebuy that would solve so many of these issues. Just take $20 off each game without having to return them and then I don't have to worry about forfeiting my points....

Anyway, like I said, if you do try and PM to newegg/target this week, just make sure you do it at the cashier lanes as I think you'll be more likely to find an associate who will just automatically scan through the gift card. One thing however, don't try and use a gift card and/or reward zone certificates greater than the total of the games minus the $40, because the system will not take them. So for example, in my case the games were $29.99 each and I received a $40 gift card, so the "product" total was only $20, I tried to use a $50 reward zone certificate and the system would not let me do it....

Well If I use gift card, I could probably tell the associate how much exactly I want to pay. Gonna try that later tonight

#200 JEFFaJAX23

JEFFaJAX23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thanks OP. Was able to go in and pricematch my iphone5 today, take my 50+ tax and get hitman and halo 4 pricematched with the giftcard. Basically spent $30 for halo, hitman, and $40 gift card. Good stuff.

#201 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Well got Hitman and Halo 4 PM'ed with GC, no hassle.

I was super close to probably getting Hitman Prof. Ed. priced at the $39.99, but the gaming guy had to do something and got this other girl to ring me up, who proceeded to taking the games in their back warehouse to look up the PMs from Target (usually they just look at my phone and take my word for it)...came back with the standard version and said it would have to do. No complaints from me.

Guess I'll go tomorrow and trade in Halo since it is my last day of being GCU :drool:
Posted Image

#202 battousai8728

battousai8728

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

It is pretty much just a sales representative adding the stuff to your cart and checking you out on their computer just like you would on your own. If you get a knowledgable rep you can breeze through the phone order in 10-15 mins.

just called 1888-Best-Buy however they told me they don't do price matching on the phone...? told me to go in-store. what do I have to say to get the right representative from the automated message? I said "More Options" And then went to a "Gaming Representative"

#203 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Can someone answer me this question about Best Buy: does anyone know why some items have "not available for in-store pickup" on their website? I was looking at a certain item that in my area was in stock at every single BB store within 50 miles a few hours ago and now it isn't. So obviously, it has not sold out of every single store in the country. That means that the people who run the website just disabled in-store pickup for this item.

Anyone know why they do this? Is there a reason behind it?

#204 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

just called 1888-Best-Buy however they told me they don't do price matching on the phone...? told me to go in-store. what do I have to say to get the right representative from the automated message? I said "More Options" And then went to a "Gaming Representative"

you call back, you get reps that are stupid sometimes, its YMMV so eventually it will work, instead of trying a new store, u just call back.

#205 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

I have never price matched at Best Buy before.Can you guys tell me what is the best chance for me to walk in and get Halo 4 and Hitman price matched and get the gift card.
Also I don't have my phone with me, so I can't use it to show them the Target site.
Thanks guys

#206 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

I have never price matched at Best Buy before.Can you guys tell me what is the best chance for me to walk in and get Halo 4 and Hitman price matched and get the gift card.
Also I don't have my phone with me, so I can't use it to show them the Target site.
Thanks guys

It's easy at Best Buy, go into the store ask the cashier if you can price match there of if you need to go to the customer service desk. I've had success with both. Give them your game(s) and tell them where and what price, sometimes they need to verify sometimes they already know of the price if it's popular enough.

#207 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

I had no problem whatsoever PM'ing Sleeping Dogs from Newegg for 30 and RE6 from Amazon for 40, so both out the door for 70 with a 40 dollar gift card!! Used a gift card from yesterday to get them, too. 15 each is an Epic Win!!

#208 dakidiznice

dakidiznice

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Thanks guys

Just did this today. It was simple (I had my phone though to show them). Manager overrode it and the gift card popped up. Btw thanks op!

#209 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Got shot down today. They said either or, cant have PM & GC. I didn't make a fuss because they were correct, just tried to get lucky and didn't.

#210 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Tell them you want the price match. The $40gc prompt will still come up. This is not complicated, stop over thinking it.