Best Buy -- 2 Games + $40 GC for $100 or $80

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#241 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

bought two NBA baller beats with PM to gamestop. no prompt for gift card. paid with RZ certs so not gonna return it.

just checked online, putting two of the same game will not net you the gift card. so pick up baller beats with another game if you're gonna try it.

Good edit because someone on the last page split Baller with something else, PMed and got the GC. I almost tried with 2 halo 4s but didn't want to chance it.

#242 BadBrains

BadBrains

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Pm'ed 2 copies of forza and the gc prompt popped no problem. Even used the $10 mystery coupon best buy sent out today without a hitch.

#243 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Pm'ed 2 copies of forza and the gc prompt popped no problem. Even used the $10 mystery coupon best buy sent out today without a hitch.

What?

#244 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

just checked online, putting two of the same game will not net you the gift card. so pick up baller beats with another game if you're gonna try it.

Not true. I got two Halo 4's with no problem.

#245 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Not true. I got two Halo 4's with no problem.

same.

#246 Marker

Marker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

That's strange, I just tried pm'ing over the phone and the lady helping me said she'd do it, but her supervisor told her she can't. So she asked another supervisor and that one said another department has to do it, so she would forward the info to another dept and give me a case number. I would then have to wait for an email from this other dept telling me they did the pm.

This is very weird considering I was able to do the pm last night on the phone w/o any issues.

#247 BadBrains

BadBrains

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

What?

Someone posted a thread earlier in the day (can't find it now though) Basically BB did another "Bring this coupon in to a cashier to see what it's worth" e-mailing. Pretty cool cause the cheapest value this time is $10 rather than $5. 2 copies of forza and a $40 gc for $76 AC ----->Both copies of forza traded to GS for $70 = Not too shabby!

#248 tigerin

tigerin

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

anyone knows when this deal ends?

#249 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

anyone knows when this deal ends?

Saturday.

#250 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

bought two NBA baller beats with PM to gamestop. no prompt for gift card. paid with RZ certs so not gonna return it.

Yeah, didn't prompt here too. Oh well.

#251 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

It works with 2 of the same title. Just add a $40 gc after you add the games.

#252 Caine

Caine

That's my cocaine.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Just got a stealth pm on Hitman as well as the PM on Halo 4 i went in for. Support cool clerk while the new manager initially gave me the hard line about shipping dates on Target.com.

fs_pc.png

KaseiVallis.png

#253 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Someone posted a thread earlier in the day (can't find it now though) Basically BB did another "Bring this coupon in to a cashier to see what it's worth" e-mailing. Pretty cool cause the cheapest value this time is $10 rather than $5. 2 copies of forza and a $40 gc for $76 AC ----->Both copies of forza traded to GS for $70 = Not too shabby!

Interesting. I'd love to find this coupon. I didn't get an email.

#254 omargm

omargm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

i ordered by the phone 1 halo 4 and 1 forza orizon trying to get the deal and the guy was very nice, he did match the prices and he said "oh! you will get a $40 giftcard" i was was like, "yup :B" and then he did the order and i told hem "can i do another order? i want to take advantage of this deal" and he said "let me see if this has a limit.... nope, the are no limits for this offer" so i did two orders with the same guy!... a very good deal to flip the games and get $48 dollars extra ;)
Solo Quiero - Omar Garibay (Aztlan Cloud) Listen on Soundcloud.com

#255 DarkGamer11

DarkGamer11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

Just got back...my BB sucks for stuff like this :/ wouldn't give me both so I just got dishonored for ps3 (had to use my mystery reward cert)

#256 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

It works with 2 of the same title. Just add a $40 gc after you add the games.

I think they may have changed that, as I tried to order sleeping dogs twice this morning in order to PM the newegg.com price of $29.99, however the representative said that it wasn't allowing her to add the same game to the order more than once.. So I went online to see if it would let me add the same game twice, and unfortunately it told me "Sleeping dogs has a quantity limit of 1 per order. Please enter a new quantity for this item."

I guess they dont want us ordering the same game twice in a single order, lol.

#257 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

in store purchase worked for 2 halo 4's at 39.99. Online order pm'd for halo 4 and hitman after 3 phone calls and waiting. I'm happy:)

#258 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

Thanks OP and all contributors.

I bought Halo 4 and Hitman Absolution. Should I have chosen Dishonored instead of one of the other two?

The computer wouldn't let me use more than $35 worth of rewardzone certificates. I guess it was because it wouldn't go over $39.99. My total was $79.99. Then subtract the 40 gift certificate and you get $39.99. I believe this might be why the computer wouldn't allow more than $35 worth of rewardzone certificates. Does anyone know for sure?

In the end I used $35 worth of rewardzone certificate, $27 worth of giftcards, and $20 cash.

It's a shame I had to spend $20 cash because I had $20 worth of rewardzone certificates left on my account that the computer wouldn't let me use. I'm not complaining though because $20 cash and $65 worth of Best Buy credit/certificates is a good deal for Halo 4, Hitman Absolution and a $40 giftcard.

I would have bought those games when they were $19.99 or lower sometime down the road. It's nice to buy them early for $19.99 instead of being a cheapass and waiting.

#259 Pixie Stix 88

Pixie Stix 88

Will Game 4 $$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

OP , you forgot Just Dance 4.

I know i rung them up for a customer today and you get the $40 GC.

#260 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

OP , you forgot Just Dance 4.

I know i rung them up for a customer today and you get the $40 GC.

But do you get in trouble for pming and giving the gc?

#261 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

I bought Halo 4 and Hitman Absolution. Should I have chosen Dishonored instead of one of the other two?

I would have gotten Dishonored over Hitman. I unfortunately suffered the corrupted save problem right at the last mission. So I promptly traded it in the next day because I didn't feel like playing the whole thing again.

#262 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

This is why BB stopped matching GC deals. Stupidly enough, since they removed that info from their PM policy, now they don't remember how to handle PMing when they offer the GC. Oh BB... :lol:

#263 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

im gonna try and price match the toys r us deal ( 2 for $70) farcry 3 & halo 4, @ bestbuy, i realy want those games, so since i have $70 in credit at BB, its perfect, my bestbuy is pretty good on price matching, so i shouldn't have a problem.

#264 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

This deal has nothing to do about PM'ing GC deals. We are just PM the price of the games and the free GC is a BBY deal for buying 2 games on the list of qualified games. If you do this in store you don't even have to say anything about the free GC, it will pop up after they hit total. I'm sure everyone that's being turned down is because the mgr is overlooking at the transaction.

#265 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

Fuck all that work and I forgot to get the last Gift Card...

Went to Best Buy to PM Baller Beats (19.99 Gamestop) with Just Dance 4 (29.99 Target))
Decided to pick up Halo 4 (39.99 Target) and Hitman Absolution (39.99 Target))
then I realized I got the Mystery Reward Cert ($10 of course) so I went back to pick up Baller Beats (Again) and Dishonored (39.99 Target)

I was in such a rush that I don't remember pocketing the GC after the cashier rang it up. Ugh, am I screwed for my last GC?

#266 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

so no far cry pms?

#267 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Was finally able to get a cashier who didn't care that I got a pm and the promo offers. They were probably just trying to get rid of me after doing a price match for 4 different games.

Ended up matching Baller Beats, Halo 4, New Super Mario 2 and Paper Mario Sticker Stars.

#268 spidergraf

spidergraf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

I tried to do this and it blocked the associate from applying PM after purchase. I then tried returning the 1 game and it deducted 20.00 of the 40.00gc from my return. The deal for the OP definitely seems ymmv. At the time of my purchase I tried to PM and it took away the gc.

#269 spidergraf

spidergraf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

After trying all three ways I gave up. Any suggestions?

#270 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

this site is turning into Slick Deals more and more every day.
tl