All games half off at square-enix store

• Please log in to reply
731 replies to this topic

#631 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

I was one of the people that received the ps3 f13-2 after ordering the 360 version. I sent an email on saturday 1/5 saying i received the wrong item and needed an exchange for the correct item. I got a promising response from square saying the issue would be resolved and i would get an email response in 24-72 hours. Got the response today 1/9 which said:

Dear,

Thank you for ordering from Square-Enix, Inc.. At your request, a return has been initiated. Your request to return items ordered will expire in 30 days. You must follow the instructions below before your request expires. We cannot issue a refund before these instructions are followed.

Each product must be received at its correct corresponding address in order for us to process your refund. In the event that you are returning multiple products, you may be required to send items to different addresses. Products being returned to the same address may be shipped together.

Please read carefully to ensure that each product is returned to the correct location. Once the product is received, your refund should appear within 5-7 business days.

Product: FFXIII-2 (XBOX)
Quantity: 1

DSS
c/o Returns
10380 Bren Road West
Minnetonka
MN 55343
US

Return Request Details:
Order Number: 11894669626
Order Date: December 14, 2012
Return Reference Number: 395519409
Reply Due By: February 8, 2013
Products to Return: Product: FFXIII-2 (XBOX)

DSS
c/o Returns
10380 Bren Road West
Minnetonka
MN 55343
US

SOOOO now i have to return the XBOX version with money out of my pocket for an error on their part in order to just get my money back?!?!?!
probably just opening a dispute if i don't get a response to the reply i sent back. that or go to walmart and get an exchange w/o receipt for the 360 version.

#632 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Got shipping confirmation on FF Anthology! Weird to be buying new PS1 games even now!

#633 Jon102185

Jon102185

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

I got my copy of FFXIII-2 today. Wrapping was kind of loose on the box, but checked inside and everything was included and game had no scratches or defects.

#634 Catamaran

Catamaran

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Got shipping confirmation for Chrono Cross.

#635 TheWesker

TheWesker

$$$$$ Cheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Hoping Chrono Trigger ships soon!

#636 ismegamanthere

ismegamanthere

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Got my copies of Theatrhythm and Re: Chain of Memories. However, looks like Birth By Sleep is never going to come back in stock :(
Gamertag for... everything: ismegamanthere

#637 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

As soon as I started complaining the people there must have read the thread, my FF:Anthology shipped last night, so hopefully I'll have it in the next week. 7.49 for something that I hardly see anymore outside of eBay is more than worth it to me, makes me wish I"d ordered just a bit more.

#638 elaine_of_shalott

elaine_of_shalott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I was one of the people that received the ps3 f13-2 after ordering the 360 version. I sent an email on saturday 1/5 saying i received the wrong item and needed an exchange for the correct item. I got a promising response from square saying the issue would be resolved and i would get an email response in 24-72 hours. Got the response today 1/9 which said:

Dear,

Thank you for ordering from Square-Enix, Inc.. At your request, a return has been initiated. Your request to return items ordered will expire in 30 days. You must follow the instructions below before your request expires. We cannot issue a refund before these instructions are followed.

Each product must be received at its correct corresponding address in order for us to process your refund. In the event that you are returning multiple products, you may be required to send items to different addresses. Products being returned to the same address may be shipped together.

Please read carefully to ensure that each product is returned to the correct location. Once the product is received, your refund should appear within 5-7 business days.

Product: FFXIII-2 (XBOX)

DSS
c/o Returns
10380 Bren Road West
Minnetonka
MN 55343
US

Return Request Details:
Order Number: 11894669626
Order Date: December 14, 2012
Return Reference Number: 395519409
Reply Due By: February 8, 2013
Products to Return: Product: FFXIII-2 (XBOX)

DSS
c/o Returns
10380 Bren Road West
Minnetonka
MN 55343
US

SOOOO now i have to return the XBOX version with money out of my pocket for an error on their part in order to just get my money back?!?!?!
probably just opening a dispute if i don't get a response to the reply i sent back. that or go to walmart and get an exchange w/o receipt for the 360 version.

If they tell you to return it and refuse to pay shipping costs when it was not your error you should call your credit card and initiate a chargeback. They will want to know that you attempted to resolve it directly but you should get your money back that way. Make sure that you don't dispose of the game before the credit card company's appeal period is over.

Edited by elaine_of_shalott, 10 January 2013 - 03:19 PM.
Add missing "not"

#639 TFrank

TFrank

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Okay, I ordered Valkyrie Profile 2 January 1st when it was out of stock (didn't notice at the time). So for the last week it's been sitting as back-ordered. However, January 9th it has been processed and getting ready to ship.

So don't worry too bad if your item was out of stock.

#640 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

It's been said. If the item was for sale listed. Then it wasn't OOS. If it disappeared at somepoint from the list. Then it was actually OOS>

#641 GamingKnight

GamingKnight

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

I'm still waiting on Dissidia 2. It's going to be nearly a month since I ordered. XD

#642 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

received my FFIX yesterday

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#643 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Can we Deal Graveyard this yet? Every time I see it I'm reminded I missed it before everything was sold out.

#644 elaine_of_shalott

elaine_of_shalott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

Can we Deal Graveyard this yet? Every time I see it I'm reminded I missed it before everything was sold out.

Those of us who received the wrong item are still trading information on navigating the customer service to actually get what we ordered. Speaking of which, has anyone who received the wrong item gotten them to agree to an exchange? If so what contact method worked for you? It took me 4 days but I was finally referred to the escalation team but I'm not sure how that will work out.

#645 asif105878

asif105878

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Got FFXIII-2 today. Case was cracked at the top. Hoping the game works though.

Edit: Contacted customer service. Got a ticket and was told I will be contacted in 24-72 hrs about the solution.

Edited by asif105878, 18 January 2013 - 12:12 AM.

#646 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Im still waiting for Rising 2 SE.....

Got tomb raider a few days ago :)

#647 Bandersnatch84

Bandersnatch84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

Today marks 1 month with no update since I ordered.

Final Fantasy 4 Complete (PSP)
Final Fantasy War of the Lions (PSP)
Risen 2 SE (PS3)

#648 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

Got FFXIII-2 today. Case was cracked at the top. Hoping the game works though.

Edit: Contacted customer service. Got a ticket and was told I will be contacted in 24-72 hrs about the solution. The return shipping will be free since it was their fault according to the customer service representative.

I was told this samething, got some automated message instead saying that i would receive a refund after i shipped them the game out of my pocket, (i got a PS3 version instead of 360 i ordered) and when i wrote back to correct them that was not what I wanted, I got a message just saying that i have received a full refund to the game, $10.61.

"A refund has been generated for your order as a result of your request, the fulfiller's request, incorrect address, or a refused shipment."

Meaning they just wanted to shut me up and give me a refund and just let me keep the game. I never used the word refund in any of my emails, always said i wanted an exchange and would gladly ship the Ps3 version if they could say for certain they would ship the 360 version out.
Not upset about a free game, but really wanted the 360 version since I don't have a PS3. Going to try a walmart exchange w/o receipt or just sell or trade it on ebay.

#649 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

Risen 2 SE (PS3)

same here. nothing received.

#650 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

I was told this samething, got some automated message instead saying that i would receive a refund after i shipped them the game out of my pocket, (i got a PS3 version instead of 360 i ordered) and when i wrote back to correct them that was not what I wanted, I got a message just saying that i have received a full refund to the game, $10.61.

"A refund has been generated for your order as a result of your request, the fulfiller's request, incorrect address, or a refused shipment."

Meaning they just wanted to shut me up and give me a refund and just let me keep the game. I never used the word refund in any of my emails, always said i wanted an exchange and would gladly ship the Ps3 version if they could say for certain they would ship the 360 version out.
Not upset about a free game, but really wanted the 360 version since I don't have a PS3. Going to try a walmart exchange w/o receipt or just sell or trade it on ebay.

Well when I get my order if I get the 360 version instead of the PS3 ver. I'd be willing to trade. But by all means if you can get it exchanged at WM w/o Receipt go ahead! That'd be awesome to see if you could haha

#651 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

Well when I get my order if I get the 360 version instead of the PS3 ver. I'd be willing to trade. But by all means if you can get it exchanged at WM w/o Receipt go ahead! That'd be awesome to see if you could haha

You can... up to three times a year with a valid drivers license. The only question is if they have it in stock.

#652 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

You can... up to three times a year with a valid drivers license. The only question is if they have it in stock.

also depends on the minimum rage employees. I went once to do the same thing over a year ago, granted the game was from somewhere else, i just lost the receipt. The employees at CS told me you can't do that with video games because "you could just take the game out and bring it in re-sealed." I had to show them their own return-policy from the website and even stumped them by asking them what was to stop me from buying a game, keeping the receipt, taking it out, and returning it re-sealed. They are just ignorant of store policy, if not very very lazy most of the time.

Im going to try it when i get a chance monday though

#653 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

So, I ordered
:ps3: Deus EX
:ps3: Final Fantasy 13
on the 2nd of January, They did not charge me for FF9 until it shipped, my Debit Card that I used to order expries at the end of this month....

anyone know if they will cancel it or let me change payment method if it does not ship before the 31st?

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#654 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Risen 2 SE (PS3)

same here. nothing received.

Me too. Happy...uh...anniversary, dudes.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#655 apollosrequiem

apollosrequiem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I hit the one month anniversary yesterday.

Feelin' proud.

#656 Catamaran

Catamaran

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Got my copy of Chrono Cross in the mail today. Something seemed off to me. Then I realized it said "Square-Enix" on the front instead of "Squaresoft." It didn't even occur to me these would be reprints and not just old OLD stock, haha.

#657 elaine_of_shalott

elaine_of_shalott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

It's been a week since getting the wrong game was sent to the escalation team. I sent an email asking for an update and got an answer that positively screamed "I didn't really even check." I am starting to get snarky. I told them the solution was simple. Put the correct game in a box or padded envelope along with a return mailing label and send it to me. It should take no more than 15 minutes, not more than 12 days. If I don't get a shipping notice with a tracking number by next Wednesday I think I am going to have to do a charge back. This is ridiculous.

#658 asif105878

asif105878

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

One week after sending me a cracked case, the technical team is still working on my issue Fuck

#659 elaine_of_shalott

elaine_of_shalott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

One week after sending me a cracked case, the technical team is still working on my issue Fuck

To be honest the price was good enough I wouldn't care about something like the case if I could actually play the game.

#660 asif105878

asif105878

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

This is for everyone who were wondering about return shipping and replacement. According to customer service and manager you have to pay for return shipping if the value of the order is less than $25. And they may or may not ship a replacement. Wish they had told me it sooner rather than keeping me waiting for a week. Thank you Digital River :hot:

Edited by asif105878, 18 January 2013 - 01:31 AM.