All games half off at square-enix store

• Please log in to reply
731 replies to this topic

#721 GavinShai

GavinShai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

So not quite sure what exactly is going on at this point...but I think we're close to my ordeal being over after the hail mary I threw last night.

Was at work today so missed the phone calls but I have a voicemail and 4 missed calls from a woman in an "executive" customer relations dept at Digital River, saying she wants to touch base with me before proceeding but she thinks she's identified how we got where we are and how to fix it. Don't get off until after she was out for the day, but I left a voicemail saying I'd try her tomorrow during my lunch.

Then I check my email and have a brand new cancellation request created today, and a confirmation on my cancelled order about 7 minutes later stating the cancellation had gone through successfully. Comically, there is an almost 2 week old request for the same thing still pending, which I've never gotten a communication on.

So I'll call her tomorrow and see what's up but at this point even if the answer is just to have the order cancelled and not have to deal with it any more that's fine. Would be better if they could just tell me what happened and that yes eventually they would ship the games but meh at this point its not worth much more than one more phone call during lunch tomorrow.

Edit 3/29:

Got a hold of executive customer relations. Apparently my order is cancelled but if I'd like to get the in stock items they can re-order and adjust the pricing.

Asked them to do so, they transferred me to "customer service escalations Tier 2" which apparently consists of 2 people in the Minnetonka corporate office. It seems the heirarchy goes, Customer service > Account Supervisor > Escalation team > Customer service escalations Tier 2. I was told flat out by several account supervisors that nobody above them can be contacted by phone. The woman I spoke to was named Christie and it took a few minutes to straighten everything out. Unfortunately no direct number to these guys.

Seems these guys at the corporate office can get in touch with the vendor and it takes 24 hours to get an answer we haven't been able to get for the past month, Risen 2: SE for PS3 is discontinued and will not be fulfilled, Risen 2 vanilla PS3, Risen 2 vanilla 360 and Risen 2: SE 360 are not discontinued and are all in stock.

In the end I agreed to pay slightly more than my original order for the remaining 3 games but with a bump to expedited shipping and all is well. Instead of endless limbo and the hope of 4 games for $35 someday, I get 3 games for $29 middle of next week.

Edited by GavinShai, 29 March 2013 - 10:59 PM.
Update 3/29

#722 Xyphox

Xyphox

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

Well nothing good going on for me. I'm going to try emailing all of those addresses and see what happens. Pretty sad they just let your order sit there for months, don't read your emails, and do nothing to help you unless you jump through hoops. Obviously, I'm never ordering anything from the square enix store unless they get rid of digital river.

edit: I sent emails to all of those addresses you posted. Thanks for posting those. I'll let you know what happens.

update:
I sent emails to those addresses you posted and magically I got a call today. They cancelled final fantasy iv and shipped the rest. Which is what I tried to do two weeks ago. Anyways, it shipped out now.

Edited by Xyphox, 02 April 2013 - 03:22 AM.
update

#723 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

Is there any hope for me getting my order or do I need to email and grovel over the phone to hope for them to throw me a bone or two?

#724 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

I want to thank the user who provided all those email addresses. I sent an email to all of them on Friday and this afternoon I got an email from someone in customer service. I had ordered Risen 2 SE and Tomb Raider Trilogy but apparently Risen 2 SE is OOS and they aren't getting any ever so they cancelled that from my order and just shipped my Tomb Raider Trilogy. I already got my confirmation. That may be the way to go for others who are sitting on an order from December.

#725 electricsleep

electricsleep

Prof. Hinsley

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

I also got a shipping confirmation two nights ago. Everything shipped but Risen 2 SE. I didn't send out any emails but it looks like they are finally going through and shipping everything out for people who were waiting for Risen 2 SE for the PS3. I did get everything else though.

#726 Colliewest

Colliewest

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

I ordered Risen 2 SE and Just Cause 2.

Picked up JC 2 elsewhere along the way finally requested cancel 2/26.

Got this message 4/16 -

"At your request, or at the request of the fulfiller and/or manufacturer, we attempted to cancel the following products from your order. Unfortunately, we were unable to stop shipment and you will be charged for these items."

So Just Cause 2 is on its way - tracking info shows it's out for delivery.

They also sent me return instructions but there's no way in hell. I'd rather mail it to a random address in Bermuda.

My credit card hasn't been charged as yet.
I'm not normally bothered about companies having my CC info but these guys... too late for a CAG awards write in? ;p

#727 Xyphox

Xyphox

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

I had two Christmas orders. They did the same thing to me on my other order. I cancelled it way before they shipped it, and they said they were unable to cancel.

I sent it back along with a printout of the return instructions they gave me, which included the order number and all of that. It's funny, in their instructions it doesn't say to include your order number or any personal information. It just says to send it back. How would they know who to refund?

Anyways, a month later I hadn't gotten a refund. I emailed them asking where my refund was and they said that they "couldn't confirm receiving it." I sent them the tracking number, no reply.

I made a complaint on the Better Business Bureau website. I included my order number, cancellation number, and USPS tracking number. I asked for a refund + shipping because of their failure to cancel the order, and I listed how much I paid for shipping. Within a couple days I was refunded + shipping.

Just want to let you know what you're in for if you want to return it. It's by far the worst company I've ever done business with.

#728 GamingKnight

GamingKnight

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

Yeah, I've sent a cancellation request since the middle of January. Perhaps they'll get back to me in June.

Oh snap!!! 5th Month anniversary is almost here guys!!

No contact information for these guys is published but knowing the email would end in @digitalriver.com I just tried different permutations of the name til the email didn't get a redirect. Ones that successfully sent were.

ddobson@digitalriver.com
tdonnelly@digitalriver.com
kcrudden@digitalriver.com
tmadison@digitalriver.com
jronning@digitalriver.com

Dobson has ignored me for a month so I'm going to try out Donnelly now.

Edit 2: Donnelly must have forwarded me to someone properly cause now I finally got Dissidia cancelled with the other games shipping. Once the games are in my hands will this wait be over.

Edited by GamingKnight, 06 May 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#729 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

lol my friend got a shipping notice for his order two days ago. He ordered 7 games.

Wow... wtf is wrong with these people?

#730 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

I sent an email to those addresses posted and hope somehow I get my backorder games cancelled. This is ridiculous and I will never ever order from their online shop again unless it's digital game codes I know will be given when I complete my order. I just love how unlike amazon who every once in a while checks backordered items and sends you updates like...well most places that have backordered items and send updates...that square-enix's online shop did nothing. Oh well a lesson learned and not a lot of money used....I just hope I eventually get some of the games..

#731 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

I got my cancellation email today for FF III, IV, and I think XIII-2. A month or so ago I got in a circular email conversation with customer service, with them literally sending me the same form reply twice from the same person even though I asked very specific questions. I complained, got a different person who still had little to say beyond "we are working on it". No further communication until today.

5+ months without word from the shipper only to have the order cancelled arbitrarily? Yeah, great customer experience.
Posted Image

#732 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

I got my cancellation email today for FF III, IV, and I think XIII-2. A month or so ago I got in a circular email conversation with customer service, with them literally sending me the same form reply twice from the same person even though I asked very specific questions. I complained, got a different person who still had little to say beyond "we are working on it". No further communication until today.

5+ months without word from the shipper only to have the order cancelled arbitrarily? Yeah, great customer experience.

I told them to cancel what was on backorder...well they cancelled everything thought I was getting Theatrhytm at the least.....never again is all I have to say! Learned my lesson for sure.