Gamestop selling used Blurays

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Got email Gamestop selling used Bluray movies INSTORE starting at $5.99, listed in email
Alien $12.99
Serenity $9.99
Family Guy Something Something Darkside $5.99
Resident Evil Afterlife $11.99
Xmen First Class? $14.99
Pineapple Express $11.99
Spiderman 1 $11.99
Wanted $9.99

Never seen Blurays in a Gamestop store, but I guess they'll be selling them like they used to sell DVDs.

[quote name='J7.']Got email Gamestop selling used Bluray movies INSTORE starting at $5.99, listed in email
Alien $12.99
Serenity $9.99
Xmen First Class? $14.99
Pineapple Express $11.99
Spiderman 1 $11.99
Wanted $9.99

Never seen Blurays in a Gamestop store, but I guess they'll be selling them like they used to sell DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I wonder if they'll take trade-ins for Blu rays now.

[quote name='kyrhon']Interesting. I wonder if they'll take trade-ins for Blu rays now.[/QUOTE]

Probably. They'll give you $1 for them then sale them for $1 less than a new one.

The bunch I saw last week were mostly Sony Pictures (et al.) blu rays with little or no special features versions, and are actually new just gutted. Must be "oem/value" versions.

The heck, Gamestop does not have the shelf space for this...it's already cram packed that they throw away handheld game boxes.

I saw these over the weekend. They said they were not going to be taking trades on blurays. What was funny is the guy told me they were "used" but not really. They took the shrink wrap off all them, lol

[quote name='kyrhon']Interesting. I wonder if they'll take trade-ins for Blu rays now.[/QUOTE]

yeah 1 cent - 1.00 :)

The old days kicked ass, when they regularly took DVD's and blu-rays for trade. Sure, they traded for crap, but buy 2 get 4 free... each blu-ray was roughly $6. DVD's ranged from $1 - $10. Epic!

[quote name='Kerig']Gamestop must have finally figured out a way to heavily scratch BD's easily.[/QUOTE]

You win this thread! I burst out laughing when I read that

[quote name='starmask2k3']yeah 1 cent - 1.00 :)[/QUOTE]

No joking, but that is actually Fye's trade in values. Well I've seen $0.25 personally.

Yeah i noticed this in stores a few weeks ago and thought the pricing was pathetic but i was hoping in a couple years they could get enough inventory to actually have competitive pricing. Now that i know they just received a shipment of these, unwrapped them, and priced them a couple dollars less then MSRP all hope for me is lost.

I'm just gonna take this as them giving Movie Stop the middle finger then. I do miss when you could get a bunch of $1 dvds from EB and G$ back in the day though.

[quote name='Jhuntley']I'm just gonna take this as them giving Movie Stop the middle finger then. I do miss when you could get a bunch of $1 dvds from EB and G$ back in the day though.[/QUOTE]

this. i found some good stuff back in the day

[quote name='J7.']Got email Gamestop selling used Bluray movies INSTORE starting at $5.99, listed in email
Alien $12.99
Serenity $9.99
Xmen First Class? $14.99
Pineapple Express $11.99
Spiderman 1 $11.99
Wanted $9.99

Never seen Blurays in a Gamestop store, but I guess they'll be selling them like they used to sell DVDs.[/QUOTE]

These prices could be a YMMV. I picked up Family Guy: Something, Something, Darkside for $4.49 at my local GS.

The price for some of these are stupid though. $11.99 for Spiderman, when it's $10 at Target. Wanted is only $7.99 on Amazon.

When I was there last week the manager said they were all 9.99. I wonder if they are all half price now? He said it was only a seasonal display.

bread's done
Back