Photo
- - - - -

Need advice/suggestions on headphones (gaming and music)?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

I really would like to buy a new set of nice headphones, something with great sound quality and good bass. I currently have Turtle Beach X1's which are really old. My problem with them is that they aren't easily used for music on my Zune, and that if I use them and the microphone attachment at the same time, the sound quality of both the game and the voices becomes awful.

Not looking to spend a ton of money, especially for features that I will never use. I just want it for Xbox 360, PC, music, and voice chat.

Anyone have any tips?

Zarski843.jpg

#2 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

This question had been asked many times. Do some digging and you'll find answers, i know I've posted on a few of them

#3 Weapon

Weapon

CAG - Shine on You crazy Diamond

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Depends on the setup you want. If you have blutooth or wifi, or you want connected? If you want to go cheaper dont get a specifically marketed xbox/ps3 gaming headset as long as your tv or av/receiver has to correct inputs you can pretty much choose whatever you like for half the price of an "official" headset. Wireless/Blu tooth often have interference some background noise association, wired headsets keep you within a set range of your gaming console. There's too many options. Second is budget are you a supreme audiophile? Then honestly most <$100 headsets arent going to make you happy. I've always stood by my Turtleforce headsets as I can easily split them with rca, use digital, throw a toslink converter on cheaper models and not notice any real difference, often sometimes I find this to be a better option then a 7.1 dolby headset, but thats just me.

#4 Zarski843

Zarski843

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

Depends on the setup you want. If you have blutooth or wifi, or you want connected? If you want to go cheaper dont get a specifically marketed xbox/ps3 gaming headset as long as your tv or av/receiver has to correct inputs you can pretty much choose whatever you like for half the price of an "official" headset. Wireless/Blu tooth often have interference some background noise association, wired headsets keep you within a set range of your gaming console. There's too many options. Second is budget are you a supreme audiophile? Then honestly most <$100 headsets arent going to make you happy. I've always stood by my Turtleforce headsets as I can easily split them with rca, use digital, throw a toslink converter on cheaper models and not notice any real difference, often sometimes I find this to be a better option then a 7.1 dolby headset, but thats just me.

I don't mind wires honestly. I'm not an audiophile at all, I love great quality music and good bass, but I don't need top of the line. Just good enough works for me.

Zarski843.jpg

#5 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

This question had been asked many times. Do some digging and you'll find answers, i know I've posted on a few of them

Most of the answers I've read on here are terrible and follow the lines of this post. Finding info on decent headphones has been one of the more difficult gaming research related tasks I've encountered.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#6 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Get the x12's

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#7 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Most of the answers I've read on here are terrible and follow the lines of this post. Finding info on decent headphones has been one of the more difficult gaming research related tasks I've encountered.

fair enough. a lot is just preference though. i have a big ass head and don't care for what others rave about.

#8 Zarski843

Zarski843

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Well I got Turtle Beach DX12, love it, but sucks for music. Not sure if I might just return it, or buy headphones JUST for my music.

Zarski843.jpg

#9 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

What's your budget?

For portable use I have the Sennheiser HD25-1 II because I need the isolation and don't like earphones or huge headphones.
26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: Tomb Raider (MP only)
:ps3: PS+ IGC

#10 Zarski843

Zarski843

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

What's your budget?

For portable use I have the Sennheiser HD25-1 II because I need the isolation and don't like earphones or huge headphones.

Preferred budget, $100. Max budget, $175. Its low because I don't have huge standards for sound, I just want better quality and decent bass.

Zarski843.jpg

#11 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

If you want decent sounding music, you're probably going to have to break down and get two sets of headphones, one for gaming and one for music.

th_w03j81.gif