Need advice/suggestions on headphones (gaming and music)?

Lazer77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (100%)
I really would like to buy a new set of nice headphones, something with great sound quality and good bass. I currently have Turtle Beach X1's which are really old. My problem with them is that they aren't easily used for music on my Zune, and that if I use them and the microphone attachment at the same time, the sound quality of both the game and the voices becomes awful.

Not looking to spend a ton of money, especially for features that I will never use. I just want it for Xbox 360, PC, music, and voice chat.

Anyone have any tips?

This question had been asked many times. Do some digging and you'll find answers, i know I've posted on a few of them

Depends on the setup you want. If you have blutooth or wifi, or you want connected? If you want to go cheaper dont get a specifically marketed xbox/ps3 gaming headset as long as your tv or av/receiver has to correct inputs you can pretty much choose whatever you like for half the price of an "official" headset. Wireless/Blu tooth often have interference some background noise association, wired headsets keep you within a set range of your gaming console. There's too many options. Second is budget are you a supreme audiophile? Then honestly most

[quote name='Weapon']Depends on the setup you want. If you have blutooth or wifi, or you want connected? If you want to go cheaper dont get a specifically marketed xbox/ps3 gaming headset as long as your tv or av/receiver has to correct inputs you can pretty much choose whatever you like for half the price of an "official" headset. Wireless/Blu tooth often have interference some background noise association, wired headsets keep you within a set range of your gaming console. There's too many options. Second is budget are you a supreme audiophile? Then honestly most

This question had been asked many times. Do some digging and you'll find answers, i know I've posted on a few of them
Most of the answers I've read on here are terrible and follow the lines of this post. Finding info on decent headphones has been one of the more difficult gaming research related tasks I've encountered.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Most of the answers I've read on here are terrible and follow the lines of this post. Finding info on decent headphones has been one of the more difficult gaming research related tasks I've encountered.[/QUOTE]

fair enough. a lot is just preference though. i have a big ass head and don't care for what others rave about.

Well I got Turtle Beach DX12, love it, but sucks for music. Not sure if I might just return it, or buy headphones JUST for my music.

What's your budget?

For portable use I have the Sennheiser HD25-1 II because I need the isolation and don't like earphones or huge headphones.

[quote name='parKer']What's your budget?

For portable use I have the Sennheiser HD25-1 II because I need the isolation and don't like earphones or huge headphones.[/QUOTE]

Preferred budget, $100. Max budget, $175. Its low because I don't have huge standards for sound, I just want better quality and decent bass.

If you want decent sounding music, you're probably going to have to break down and get two sets of headphones, one for gaming and one for music.

[quote name='Lazer77']Preferred budget, $100. Max budget, $175. Its low because I don't have huge standards for sound, I just want better quality and decent bass.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's not low. $100 can be a decent-sized budget. Also, your audio source affects sound quality so sometimes it makes no sense to go all audiophiled out anyway. Some of the ones I've owned at that price point:

Audio-Technica AD700
Alessandro MS1
Sennheiser HD280
Sony 7506

I've never used them with a mic though so I'm unsure of the sound quality for that.

I don't know what the current best-bang-for-your-buck headphones are as I've been out of the loop once I stuck with the HD25. But, if you want "great value," the Koss KSC75 and PortaPros get recommended often. I just couldn't stand clip-ons or the fit of the latter.

bread's done
Back