Photo
- - - - -

Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

• Please log in to reply
1171 replies to this topic

#61 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Gonna be a kick ass sale! Excited for Trials content and Skyrim DLC!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#62 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Is this sale only for gold members?

#63 nnarum

nnarum

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Yes! Those points from Target on Black Friday will finally come to use!

#64 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for the info! I will be looking into these.
Also: +500 internet points t XV Matsui for not using the word blowout in the title! :)

#65 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

All of these depend on the final price, here's hoping 50% off, but I can see some only being 30%.

18th - 31st December sale items
The Simpsons Arcade Game - Current Price: 800
A World of Keflings: Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - Current Price: 320
A World of Keflings: It Came From Outer Space - Current Price: 320

20th: Platformer Games (I think these will be 30% off due to how new they are, hope I am wrong though)
Mark of the Ninja - Current Price: 1200
Trine 2 - Current Price: 1200

22nd: TBA

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games (I think these will be 30% off due to how new they are, hope I am wrong though)
Dust: An Elysian Tail - Current Price: 1200
Deadlight - Current Price: 1200

26th: TBA

28th: The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead Episode 2-5 - Current Price: 400/each

Total points: 7840
If 50% off: 3920...thankful for the Target point sale for sure...but that is still a lot of points.....

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#66 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Cool, glad I waited on Mark of the Ninja and Dust: An Elysian Tail. I'll pick those up and maybe some Games On Demand if the prices are right. I think I have about $70 in points so I should be good to go.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#67 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

looks like i'll be getting the borderlands 2 season pass IF it is on sale and I was kinda hoping for a tony hawk sale.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#68 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Not a bad list. I recently got about 6000 points from the Gamestop glitch and I'm glad I held onto it. I'll definitely pick up Dust and a few GoD titles. Too bad the Dragonborn DLC isn't on sale, but I think I'll pick that up on the PC version anyway.

#69 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

I will buy all the Walking Deads. ALL OF THEM. And maybe the Borderlands 2 season pass, as I'm concerned my Argentinian friend may fail to deliver in the future.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#70 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Not a bad list. I recently got about 6000 points from the Gamestop glitch and I'm glad I held onto it. I'll definitely pick up Dust and a few GoD titles. Too bad the Dragonborn DLC isn't on sale, but I think I'll pick that up on the PC version anyway.

Just wanted to know what the GS glitch was, love hearing stuff like that.

Also

For TWD episode 1, is it free to play in those days or free to purchase for 0 points to keep?

#71 second

second

In for Hydro Thunder and maybe Mark of the Ninja.

317768.png

#72 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Just wanted to know what the GS glitch was, love hearing stuff like that.

Also

For TWD episode 1, is it free to play in those days or free to purchase for 0 points to keep?

There were selling two 1200 point games for $10 each (I think it was Worms and something else), but instead of the games you just got the points. So basically you could get $15 in points for $10. It went on for a few hours until they fixed it.

I spent $50 and got $75 worth of MS points to spend during their holiday sales. Not a bad deal when you consider how rarely MS points go on sale, especially if you sped the points on sale items and get a double discount.

#73 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

been holding out on buying sonic 4 episode 2 for sometime and was just about to purchase mark of the ninja this weekend.

perfect timing i'll just wait a week or so.

+ borderlands 2 season pass

#74 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• Banned

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Boo on the BL2 season pass being on sale. Bought it day 1 and still have played either of the first 2 DLC haha.

Skyrim dlc being on sale is tempting, but Ill hold out for the GOTY version with all the DLC since I already played through the main game then traded in.

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

kilik123.png

#75 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Excited for Sonic Adventure 2 and all the LEGO games! I'm hoping some of them are 400 MSP but 800 seems more likely.

#76 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Borderlands season pass deal already? Damn. Oh well. Lesson learned for BL3.

Heh, same. And I told myself I learned the lesson on BL1 when I bought all the DLC at release and ended up spending well over $100 on the game in all. Then I got BL2 at launch, have been loving the hell out of it, decided to get the season pass thinking at the earliest it would go on sale in the summer, then I see Gearbox is trickling out all kinds of DLC that isn't part of the season pass. I love that game, but boy, they milk the franchises about as hard as humanly possible. My teets are raw.

#77 DieGo2SHAE

DieGo2SHAE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Sonic Adventure 2 at 400 would be sweeeet. Here's hoping for a decent price on Rayman Origins as well.

#78 DjDonFrancisco

DjDonFrancisco

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Some of these sales look pretty good. But i'd REALLY like to see a sale on Minecraft. I'd pick that up for $10. They think their sales are great now? Think about what they'd sell if they sold it for $10 for 24 hours.

#79 crimsongrey06

crimsongrey06

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

dammit, i should've gone out to get the MS pts at Target on BF.

oh well, plan on picking up Simpsons Arcade, Fez, Trials Evo, BL2 Season pass, and Walking Dead eps 1 :)

#80 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Really glad Microsoft is trying to make up for their lackluster Halloween and Holiday (so far) specials, but I'll pass on what is offered. Haven't purchased any games of the week (or DLC) for a long, long time. Holding out hope for a better New Year's deal. Anybody remember if there was a kick-ass end of year sale a couple years ago? I seem to recall one...
Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)

#81 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

And to think, I was just about to plunk down the cash for Mark of the Ninja. Gotta love being a CAG. I would buy the Walking Dead, but I gotta see what Sony is doing with PS Plus for the holidays since they had put the first two episodes up eariler in the year. I wish Karateka was on sale. That game is very fun.

#82 henryVIII

henryVIII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Phew....I was literally one click away from buying the Trials HD and Evo DLC the other day.

But I figured I should wait a few days to see if they were on the holiday discount list. Glad to see they are.

#83 darcmasta

darcmasta

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Plants vs. Zombies
Peggle
Fez
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
The Walking Dead Episode 2
The Walking Dead Episode 3
The Walking Dead Episode 4
The Walking Dead Episode 5
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles

Hoping for some deep discounts shame I just bought episode 1 of walking dead but it was well worth it hell of a fun and deep game..

#84 jigsaw918

jigsaw918

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

really want to know if the TBA is going to be Guardians of Middle Earth, cause then I'll wait to get it, otherwise I was hoping to buy it whenever I get my bing points... >:(

#85 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Wow can't wait. My work just asked me what I want at the Christmas party. Now I know. MS Points!

#86 killer9

killer9

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

I hope the prices are deep discounts especially on the games on demand games

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#87 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Are the Banjo Kazooie / Tooie games considered games on demand? I've wanted those games for the longest but 1200 is way too much for me.

#88 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

I knew I should have waited on Borderlands Season Pass. It is exactly like how Gear of War 3 ended up last year. I would guess it will be 1800 points. I think that is what the sale was last year. Unless you are waiting on a GOTY I recommend the Season pass. 1st two dlcs are great. Was considering Walking Dead on disc but if you can get digital version for $10? Then I will bite (no pun intended).

#89 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Heh, same. And I told myself I learned the lesson on BL1 when I bought all the DLC at release and ended up spending well over $100 on the game in all. Then I got BL2 at launch, have been loving the hell out of it, decided to get the season pass thinking at the earliest it would go on sale in the summer, then I see Gearbox is trickling out all kinds of DLC that isn't part of the season pass. I love that game, but boy, they milk the franchises about as hard as humanly possible. My teets are raw.

If by other dlc you are referring to previous dlc that was exclusive to gamestop pre-orders and collectors editions then yes they are milking. Otherwise one might say they are offering dlc you should not get at prices (400 points) WAY below what Ebay was selling them at.
Posted Image

#90 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Interested in Dust: Elysian Tail. I really enjoyed the demo, so I'm glad to see a price drop on this soon :) Thanks OP! Might actually be interested in some of the Lego titles too.