Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

• Please log in to reply
1171 replies to this topic

#991 t4nd4r

t4nd4r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

What's up with there being "FREE" listed versions farther down on the page for EVERY episode...

Also I cannot get episode 3 or 4 to queue to my download list.

Some kind of Microsoft error? Figured people would have already opened threads about them being completely free though...

#992 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

What's up with there being "FREE" listed versions farther down on the page for EVERY episode...

Also I cannot get episode 3 or 4 to queue to my download list.

Some kind of Microsoft error? Figured people would have already opened threads about them being completely free though...

Read more carefully. The "free" listings are for videos called the Playing Dead

#993 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Heh - I'm a lot more cautious about that sort of thing nowadays too ;).

I'm still on the fence. Had I gotten the cheap Target points cards it would be a no-brainer. But as it is I'm not entirely sold. I haven't even tried the first one yet. But my son played it on the iPad and wants all the eps on the 360 so I might just cave and get them for him if nothing else.

I have a small stash of cheap MS points left (from the GS deal after the Target one) and I was saving those for the Skyrim stuff since I haven't even started playing that yet. I really hope those are more than 25% off though. I can probably spare the 800 for TWD if the Skyrim stuff is cheap enough.

I'm on the fence too. Playing through the first one right now and I like it, but not sure how much I'd play 2-5. For free, sure! for 800 points...I just dont know.

I am however leaning towards picking up the BL2 season pass even though I got Torgue for free. 550 MSP a pop for the other 3 DLC is pretty decent and I dont have to wait at all for a sale...I think I'm in!

#994 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

There is NO WAY anyone should pass on the walking dead deal. I haven't even started watching the shows yet and it's by far the BEST $10 game money can buy. It's so fun.
:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown, more Destiny! Lol

#995 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

I bit on TWD. for 800 points altogether....I'm sold!

#996 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

Probably crazy for thinking this, but would it be a better game on the iPad since it's pretty much an interactive story and not an action game, or am I totally off? Would my 5.1 setup and 50 inch plasma or the "tactileness" of the iPad make for a better experience for a mostly point and click game?

#997 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

Bit on TWD but cant seem to get episodes 3 & 4 in my download queue. Havent tried downloading from the console, just xbox.com
If its free, its for me!!

#998 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

In for complete Walking Dead. How crazy is it that I've been sitting on $150 worth of MS Points for over 5 years (that I got all from this amazing thread), and this is the first time I'm using them.

#999 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

Holy shit, 200 MSP for each episode is an awesome deal. Funny because I was just looking for episodes 3-5 for the PS3, guess I'll be going with the Xbox version now. Glad I had over 1000 MSP just sitting on my account for the last year or so.

#1000 Ninja Twin

Ninja Twin

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Awesome deal.. Picked up the Borderlands 2 pass and will grab the Walking Dead tonight. Thanks for all the updates :)

#1001 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

Probably crazy for thinking this, but would it be a better game on the iPad since it's pretty much an interactive story and not an action game, or am I totally off? Would my 5.1 setup and 50 inch plasma or the "tactileness" of the iPad make for a better experience for a mostly point and click game?

I don't know about better but I can easily see how it would translate well to tablets. I enjoy the visuals on my big screen a lot though...

#1002 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

I'm on the fence too. Playing through the first one right now and I like it, but not sure how much I'd play 2-5. For free, sure! for 800 points...I just dont know.

I am however leaning towards picking up the BL2 season pass even though I got Torgue for free. 550 MSP a pop for the other 3 DLC is pretty decent and I dont have to wait at all for a sale...I think I'm in!

It's ten bucks for a $25 game that lots of major reviewers are naming GOTY. $10 is the cheapest ANYONE has sold it, the lowest on Steam has been $12.50. I got it on Steam at 50% off and haven't been able to game on my pc (or anywhere mostly) for a while or I would have played it. The first two episodes were free to ps plus users, but it's $15 for the other three. I may just get it on 360 cause I'll play it there sooner, sadly. Supposedly, there is some replayability through different decisions, but it's really about the awesome esperience touted by the reviews.

I also got Torgue for free and will now wait on the individual DLCs to go on 50% sales that the BL1 DLCs often do so that will make my DLC purchasing come out to $15. No big rush for me though as I'm waiting until there's no more reset glitches, etc.

#1003 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

This thread isn't getting the same response as a separate thread letting people know one of the best games of the year is $10 right now...

#1004 Bryce3333

Bryce3333

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

Loved the first two episodes of TWD and now in for the rest!

#1005 t4nd4r

t4nd4r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

Bit on TWD but cant seem to get episodes 3 & 4 in my download queue. Havent tried downloading from the console, just xbox.com

same

#1006 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

Already bought Walking Dead for 800 now I just need to decide if I want to spend 1800 on the BL2 Season Pass.... I got the game for christmas which my wife got for $25 on amazon during Black friday, but I still need to beat BL1...

I just don't know if I need the extra content....? AHHHH!
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life

#1007 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

same

Same thing is probably happening to everyone. Happened to me also. Just go to your Download History and select to download it again.

#1008 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

This thread isn't getting the same response as a separate thread letting people know one of the best games of the year is $10 right now...

Agreed. This should have its own thread. Even SD has its own thread.

#1009 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

Same thing is probably happening to everyone. Happened to me also. Just go to your Download History and select to download it again.

Getting the same error in the purchase history. Guess I'll try later when I'm near the console.
If its free, its for me!!

#1010 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Agreed. This should have its own thread. Even SD has its own thread.

It s funny reading over there. I chuckle a little time i see "damn just bought is at full price the other day" Really with the 2 or 3 threads there people still Fuck up.

#1011 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

I only have access to Xbox.com right now so maybe I will wait until tomorrow to try to add all the episodes to the queue.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#1012 crimsongrey06

crimsongrey06

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

Seriously!!! $10 is a freaking steal for a game of this quality.

Currently Playing:

War for Cybertron

Fall of Cybertron

#1013 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

Seriously!!! $10 is a freaking steal for a game of this quality.

I actually haven't had time to even load up the free episode but with all the praise I've heard I'm getting this no questions asked. $10 is amazing for a potential GotY.

#1014 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Those $10 1600 points cards from Black Friday are coming in handy

YES! I used one of those cards and 200 Point credit i had on my account. Still got 5 cards left so probably scoop up skyrim dlc and season pass for ACIII

#1015 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

Best purchase from this Holiday Sale. Got Episodes 3-5 for 600 points total since I bought the first two episodes earlier this year. I'm happy now and my only disappointment so far is that Bully: Scholarship Edition isn't downloading. I bought it on Christmas Day and it always keep saying can't download over and over. Hopefully Microsoft fixes this.

#1016 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

Hmmm should I rebuy Walking Dead on the 360? I haven't really played much of it on the PC...

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#1017 bunck

bunck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

Best purchase from this Holiday Sale. Got Episodes 3-5 for 600 points total since I bought the first two episodes earlier this year. I'm happy now and my only disappointment so far is that Bully: Scholarship Edition isn't downloading. I bought it on Christmas Day and it always keep saying can't download over and over. Hopefully Microsoft fixes this.

I did the thing where you start the download and then turn off the system and it downloaded while it was off.

#1018 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

It's ten bucks for a $25 game that lots of major reviewers are naming GOTY. $10 is the cheapest ANYONE has sold it, the lowest on Steam has been $12.50.

It was $10 at GameFly for a couple of days earlier this week. Your post still holds, though.

#1019 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Man...first world problems, spent Bing Reward points on 400 MS points...haven't received e-mail confirmation yet, Walking Dead sale ends in 90 minutes =/

#1020 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Man...first world problems, spent Bing Reward points on 400 MS points...haven't received e-mail confirmation yet, Walking Dead sale ends in 90 minutes =/

Walking dead deal should be live for another 24 hours...