Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) Android mobile gaming controller MOGA for FREE + $4.95 shipping TODAY ONLY!

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#301 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

My tracking just updated. Expected delivery today to expected delivery January 2nd. >_>

#302 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Mine is the same updated tracking. Went from 12/24 estimate to 12/28 to 1/2 (and still "on time", yeah it's on time when you keep changing the date!) At least it's somewhat closer in WV now. Even my worst shipping experience, a UPS package that went from California to Canada to Kentucky to Mexico to Texas back to Kentucky before finally arriving here, made it here quicker than this MOGA controller is taking to arrive.

Nice to know about the other games though. I'll hold off on buying Sonic CD during this sale then.

#303 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Mine is the same updated tracking. Went from 12/24 estimate to 12/28 to 1/2 (and still "on time", yeah it's on time when you keep changing the date!) At least it's somewhat closer in WV now. Even my worst shipping experience, a UPS package that went from California to Canada to Kentucky to Mexico to Texas back to Kentucky before finally arriving here, made it here quicker than this MOGA controller is taking to arrive.

Nice to know about the other games though. I'll hold off on buying Sonic CD during this sale then.

Same date changes for me. I once had a package that originated about 300 miles away take a 5500 mile adventure before reaching me and that only took a little over a week. My dad recently ordered a small piece of machinery from Hong Kong to him on the east coast that didn't cost that much more to ship, had constant and detailed tracking, and got here faster than this will have taken if it actually shows up on the 2nd.

Smartpost is two companies that are normally reasonably competent at delivering packages coming together and failing miserably almost every time in my experience.

#304 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

does the link for sonic cd kick it over into the play store? don't want to get boned on a cell phone I'm about to drop when my screen comes in.

#305 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Well mine is "In-Transit" in my city, but it doesn't say out for delivery. Maybe I'll get it on Monday.

#306 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

I finally got it today! So ends the crazy adventure of this shipment.

#307 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

does the link for sonic cd kick it over into the play store? don't want to get boned on a cell phone I'm about to drop when my screen comes in.

You will not get a copy on the Play Store just make sure you backup the apk you download for the game to a PC or another means of storage.

sig.gif

76561198019892519.png

My Game Collection: Currently at 1,831 games owned!
Completed Games: 2013 2014

#308 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

In-transit does not = out for delivery apparently. Nothing in today's mail :(

#309 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

got mine yesterday...pretty cool so far, glad i didn't buy this for $35 a few weeks prior

596772.png

#310 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Yup, got mine yesterday too. One thing I wish it did was collapse further. The angle that your phone rests on is a bit strange. The controller itself feels good in your hands, but it lacks a d-pad and the sticks are a bit "sticky", a bit hard to move around. My phone doesn't have many games on it since it's not particularly high-end at all and am waiting for my tablet that is coming back from repairs tomorrow before I fully test it out.

#311 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

I love the controller but cannot seem to get it to work with Modern Combat 4 but it seems to work fine with everything else.

sig.gif

76561198019892519.png

My Game Collection: Currently at 1,831 games owned!
Completed Games: 2013 2014

#312 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Jan 2 has rolled around. It's almost 11 AM and the tracking hasn't updated to reflect anything that suggests it might be in the same town, and forget out for delivery. I predict another delay. Even if it does manage to show up today, the tracking system is still pretty messed up. FedEx SmartPost continues to be the absolute worst.

A lot of people on Facebook are blaming PowerA for the terrible shipping. They handed it off to FedEx 3 weeks ago. I don't blame them for using the cheaper shipping option. Even though my experience with SmartPost have been universally bad, this is the first time it's taken 3 weeks. The only way I'd be mad at PowerA over this is if they use FedEx SmartPost regularly and not just for this promotion that they're losing money on.

edit: It's now in town. Hopefully that means tomorrow.

Edited by louiedog, 02 January 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#313 dei

dei

CAG on Training Wheels

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

The customer service is pretty abysmal. I emailed them on the 18th about my tracking number not working, which I found out later was missing digits thanks to others on this topic. Received my MOGA on Saturday, and now 15 days later they respond not even giving me the correct tracking (which is moot at this point) basically just saying sorry and I should receive it by January 5th.

Anyway, it was worth the shipping costs. Works great with the universal driver for emulators, but there's no way I would have paid full price for one.

#314 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

The customer service is pretty abysmal. I emailed them on the 18th about my tracking number not working, which I found out later was missing digits thanks to others on this topic. Received my MOGA on Saturday, and now 15 days later they respond not even giving me the correct tracking (which is moot at this point) basically just saying sorry and I should receive it by January 5th.

Anyway, it was worth the shipping costs. Works great with the universal driver for emulators, but there's no way I would have paid full price for one.

Same thing happened to me. E-mailed them around the same day as you, got my MOGA on Saturday, and then got what was basically an automated response a couple of days ago with no tracking number like I requested, which their twitter/facebook said to e-mail and request!

Didn't care for all the hoops they make you jump through for the free games, but it is nice to play Sonic CD with the controller. MC4 was nice too; better than touchscreen controls. The sticks/"d-pad" could be better though. And would be nicer if it did fold up smaller. Not something I'm likely to carry around all the time but overall it's not bad. Just needs more games supported now.