Diablo III: Collector's Edition $99.99 - Amazon

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

I need watch that "I shrought I wool be playing Diablo shree, but nobody fucking playing Diablo shree!" again.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#32 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

I have to stop buying $100 games. This isn't fucking Virtua Racing!

#33 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

I never got into buying CE's for insane prices..

If its 10 bucks more than is one thing but for the most part I care about the game and even then I almost never pay full price anymore.

#34 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

I never got into buying CE's for insane prices..

If its 10 bucks more than is one thing but for the most part I care about the game and even then I almost never pay full price anymore.

This person right here deserves an accelerated promotion to CAG Veteran.

I never understood all the threads being started that showcased $150 MSRP collector's editions and the praise they receive. When I first started visiting this site last year, new posts that advertised MSRP were quickly derided and mocked. It's now become accepted after so many threads sprung up and the few CAGs who do voice their dissent got shot down.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#35 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

Good buy if you actually want to keep it, not worth flipping on ebay atm with ebay & paypal taking a cut. Got standard for $30 flat on black friday...still haven't opened it.

Take it u didn't get to the microsoft store on bf? I got 2 standards for $10 each to flip, put em up for 38 on ebay w/ free expedited, still there...

#36 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

This person right here deserves an accelerated promotion to CAG Veteran.

I never understood all the threads being started that showcased $150 MSRP collector's editions and the praise they receive. When I first started visiting this site last year, new posts that advertised MSRP were quickly derided and mocked. It's now become accepted after so many threads sprung up and the few CAGs who do voice their dissent got shot down.

I have an 05 account ^_^

Anyway.. yeah I love CE's make some nice coin off the people that MUST have it.

#37 majorjohn

majorjohn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

Ihesitated, then it was gone within 60 seconds, darm...

#38 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Wow, just checked eBay prices, they were $200+ around release day (which even tempted me to sell one of my copies!), now they are $135.

Edited by TooPoor, 14 December 2012 - 05:46 AM.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#39 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

To everyone who didn't get to pick this up, congratulations for saving $100!

The game is not even CLOSE to being worth that much. I originally had 2 copies of this game preordered. I wound up giving my preorder slot to a coworker after I found out how this game absolutely destroyed my expectations (not in a good way).

xivpads.png

#40 arionfrost

arionfrost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Not a deal. Not even sure why this is here, because it's, you know, regular price. It just happens to be in stock.

Last year I lucked out when target was clearancing out Starcraft 2 Collector' Editions. I picked up one @ $23. They had 3 at the location I was at, I should have picked up all 3, but I was a good CAG and left the other 2 for someone else to find.

I just turned it on ebay this week for $150. After their (ridiculously jacked up) fees and shipping, I am making about $110 on the sale.

Now that is how to be a proper CAG, not buying any of this MSRP stuff, even if it is Limited Stock/Edition/whathaveyou.

#41 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

http://www.metacriti...e/pc/diablo-iii

Thanks for reminding me to hope metacritic dies ASAP so people stop thinking that it's what decides if a game is good or not. Because you know, having your own opinion on a game is soooooooo hard.

#42 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Wow, just checked eBay prices, they were $200+ around release day (which even tempted me to sell one of my copies!), now they are $135.

Around release was best time to take advantage of the hype. Hell, someone paid me $150 just for the CE key - nothing physical at all, just the code text.
I just went and got a standard one and kept all the CE goodies for myself.