• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 bkruz11

bkruz11

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Hello!

Someone requested an official 99Gamers thread so I've gone ahead and created one. My name is Brandon Kruzeniski and I'm the founder of 99Gamers.com, a new video game trading community. So far we had over 600 members, 450 completed trades, and 2300 games across 900 titles.

I've outlined some of the questions you probably have below. You can read the complete FAQ here and browse our game selection here.

What is 99Gamers?

99Gamers is a video game trading community. Members add their unwanted video games and sell them to other members for a virtual currency called 'coins'. You can then spend your coins on other games.

What Are Coins?

Coins are the virtual currency used to trade games on 99Gamers.

Why Coins?

By having coins, members must actively participate in both buying and selling games. This fosters a community filled with people who continue to sell games they've bought so they can get more games.

How Does Shipping Work?

The seller pays the cost of shipping the game to the buyer. Once you sell a game, it is your responsibility to ship the game to the buyer. When you buy a game, you will not have to pay anything for shipping, so it all evens itself out in the end.

Our Story

A while back I created this post on Reddit explaining how I wanted a video game trading community where we could get more value from our existing game collections. The post ended up making the front page and showed there was enough demand for something like this, so I went ahead with the idea. We've been in beta for the last little while, slowly letting more members in while we improve the trade process.

How We Are Different

I was familiar with Goozex and other similar trading sites but didn't like the idea of having to wait in a queue for games, which is where we differ from those type of sites. There is no queue based system, instead members set their own prices for each game and buyers choose which seller they would like to buy from; which works as a free market. There is a recommended price based on the games condition but members are able to ultimately price games for whatever they would like. This way you will be able to get games you actually want and you get them right away. As soon as you buy a game the seller has 48 hours to ship the game.

How to Get Started

We are now open to the public! You no longer have to be signed in to view the site. Non-members can now browse games, profiles and the forum. You'll also find the homepage now shows some of the latest trading activity going on.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have. You can also reach me at help@99gamers.com.

Below you'll be able to watch one of our members review the site and a promo video I've created.
Review VideoPromo Video

Edited by bkruz11, 14 January 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#2 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flap top

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

In the month or so I've been there, I've had a great experience so far. Things moved slow at first, but opening up to Canada got my first batch of sent games going. I currently have a few things in/out right now, and hoping things really pick up here soon. I am very anxious for some of the upcoming updates.

Keep up the good work, and remember to keep communicating with your members. That plays a humongous factor.

#3 Aceboogz

Aceboogz

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

love it

:puke:

#4 marbury237

marbury237

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

I enjoy it so far. I got a game with the 5 points I purchased and still have 2 coins left over. So far I haven't had any of the games I listed purchased which limits my ability to get coins. I've only been a member for like a week so its still early. But to be honest I am not a fan of the lack of a price minimum. If a game is only valued at 1 coin it'll cost more to ship the game than the equivalent in coins received.

#5 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

Have my first game on my way to me, listed a game up, may haggle the coins around some later depending on how things go. Might start listing more games too.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#6 dtp11

dtp11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Great site. Database is improving, but there are MANY games still missing.
Posted ImagePosted Image

:grouphug: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- :grouphug:

#7 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

how long are points tied up for .. requested a game i think 2 days ago and item still has not shipped ... points are still tied up

first match no game = strike... dont know how much i will support this site
WOOOO I STINK

#8 bkruz11

bkruz11

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

how long are points tied up for .. requested a game i think 2 days ago and item still has not shipped ... points are still tied up

first match no game = strike... dont know how much i will support this site

Really sorry about this. Just sent you an email and it should be worked out shortly.

We are currently working on new features to fix this shipping issues as well as make the whole trading process work much smoother. One new addition is that sellers will have to acknowledge the trade within 3 days, otherwise you'll be able to cancel the trade without having to contact us. We'll also be showing the last time each member logged in on their profile so you'll be able to see if they are an active member. We hope to have these live in the next week or two. Once again, really sorry about this.

#9 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

A few trades in and out, and the whole experience has been great so far. Keep up the good work.

#10 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Just signed up under username ajh2298 cant wait to start buying and selling games.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#11 bkruz11

bkruz11

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Just signed up under username ajh2298 cant wait to start buying and selling games.

Approved you!

#12 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Just signed up under username jdizzle84. Thanks! I have 39 marketplace feedback here, all positive!

#13 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

got points back (thanks)

but nothing really worth it on the site

hopefully it get better in time
WOOOO I STINK

#14 bkruz11

bkruz11

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Just signed up under username jdizzle84. Thanks! I have 39 marketplace feedback here, all positive!

Approved!

#15 DavidDayton

DavidDayton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

I've been using this since early December, and I will say that I've gotten several titles from it. I've only -sold- two, but we'll see how things change (or don't) in the future.

#16 bkruz11

bkruz11

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

I wanted to update everyone about what has been going on at 99Gamers. We are now open to the public! You no longer have to be signed in to view the site. Non-members can now browse games, profiles and the forum. You'll also find the homepage now shows some of the latest trading activity going on.

When you sign up, you should be approved within a few minutes and then you can start trading right away.

We've completely revamped the trading process to make things work much smoother. Wishlists, vacation mode, tips and more have also been added.

You can read about all the new updates here: http://99gamers.com/...opic.php?id=118

small.png

#17 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

I wanted to update everyone about what has been going on at 99Gamers. We are now open to the public! You no longer have to be signed in to view the site. Non-members can now browse games, profiles and the forum. You'll also find the homepage now shows some of the latest trading activity going on.

When you sign up, you should be approved within a few minutes and then you can start trading right away.

We've completely revamped the trading process to make things work much smoother. Wishlists, vacation mode, tips and more have also been added.

You can read about all the new updates here: http://99gamers.com/...opic.php?id=118

hopefully this will mean more items up for trades
WOOOO I STINK

#18 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

2 for 1 coins sale going on right now

http://99gamers.com/2for1/

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#19 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

2 for 1 coins sale going on right now

http://99gamers.com/2for1/

and its dead already just like the site in a few months sad to say

look at this and vg.. i take vg anyday
WOOOO I STINK

#20 DavidDayton

DavidDayton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

and its dead already just like the site in a few months sad to say
look at this and vg.. i take vg anyday

See, I've had FAR more success on 99gamers than on VGFive. I can sell stuff more quickly on VGFive, but there is rarely anything I want (especially at the listed values/prices). I can almost always find games at very reasonable prices on 99gamers.

I'm actually thinking there is a split in Goozex-type userbase -- VGFive is almost entirely 360 and PS3 games, whereas 99Gamers actually seems to have a decent supply of Wii/DS/3DS/Wii U software.

#21 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

The big problem with 99Gamers is the game selection they are missing a lot of stuff, especially current gen. Yea you can suggest to have them added but it can take time. But I can say I've scored a few good games from them

If anything people should use both sites and maximize their chances of getting games.

CAG TradeList

#22 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

I just joined and sold 150 coins worth of games in hours.
Down side is there is less than 100 coins worth of games that I want.

This site is pretty cool, just really needs more members

Edit: also, it was when I posted in the 99gamers forum that I made all my sales. The forum is your friend, lol.

Edited by SnesGuy, 09 March 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#23 CRAZY93NiS

CRAZY93NiS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

i dumped some unwanted games that i had, managed to get me paper mario 64, mario party 2, ff ix cib

#24 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

just listed a CIB copy of banjo kazooie if anyone's interested

#25 vampirepanku

vampirepanku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

I just started using this site and have been very pleased myself. Sold two games (bit.trip saga and sonic's genesis collection) with no problem :)

#26 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

sort of shocked this site is even around anymore
WOOOO I STINK

#27 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

Recently I've seen a few listings for rarer games at very low prices, very interesting

#28 ohboy10451

ohboy10451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

I went from using goozex to vgfive to now this.

WakaBrea.png

#29 murg75

murg75

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

I and many other former Goozers/VG5ers are taking the Leap to LEAPTRADE. It is a great time to sign up since they are giving a $5 BONUS just for signing up, another $5 BONUS for sending out your 1st trade and an additional $5 BONUS for each referral.

Please use my referral link here:

http://www.leaptrade...referrer:murg75

Just got this Awesome message from LEAPTRADE:

We’ve all heard about the trouble that Goozex is having. While we don’t know what happened to them, we know that it's been rough on you guys, and we want to do something to help. You’re a gamer, we're gamers, you love to trade games, we love to trade games. That makes you family. As a gesture from us to welcome you guys to the Leaptrade community, we are going to give you your next 4 trade-in’s for only 40 cents shipping each. Think of it like pouring a 40oz on the street of gaming for our fallen comrades.

We understand you may be a little gun shy. We get that, and we will stick around, listen, and help make Leaptrade feel like home.

So, how do you get in on all this cheap shipping? Step 1, if you got this message on Leaptrade, you’re done, we already set you up for the 40 cent shipping. For everyone else, just send Leaptrade a message, or email us at help@leaptrade.com, show us your Goozex or VGFive cred and we’ll take care of the rest.

Make sure to spread the word and tell your friends, anyone we missed or didn’t message yet. That is, unless they're loaded and have a gold plated Nintendo in a display case, then they've got money to burn. The Leaptrade Team

#30 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

Dont know if I have enough games to trade on more than one site.....:)

CAG TradeList