15 replies to this topic

#1 Seshka

Seshka

Part-time Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

New from Amazon.

It was $39.99 earlier today.

On another note, :3ds: Tales of The Abyss is also $29.99, but temporarily OOS.

suzuhasig_zps1d222231.png

#2 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

The real deal is the hip-waist-ratio! ;)

cagSig.png515886.png

#3 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

This one was a massive, massive disappointment. The music and voice acting are excellent (Especially laudable since the plot is just a complete wash but these jokers make it fun.) and the basic parts of Guardian Heroes are here, but malformed and stapled together into a gruesome frankensteinian golem that has none of the heart or soul of the original. GH without the mayhem or charm just isn't GH.

If you HAVEN'T played Guardian Heroes then you really have no reason to get this game when you can get GH on XBLA for less than half the price.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#4 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

$15-$20 is probably my pricepoint on this one.

#5 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

15 dollar is my price point for this. Its kinda niche but I know it will get there.
PC master race.

#6 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

10-15 is my price range, same for Epic Mickey 3DS.

#7 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

This one was a massive, massive disappointment. The music and voice acting are excellent (Especially laudable since the plot is just a complete wash but these jokers make it fun.) and the basic parts of Guardian Heroes are here, but malformed and stapled together into a gruesome frankensteinian golem that has none of the heart or soul of the original. GH without the mayhem or charm just isn't GH.

If you HAVEN'T played Guardian Heroes then you really have no reason to get this game when you can get GH on XBLA for less than half the price.

It's not Guardian Heroes though. It's still a fun game on it's own.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#8 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

GH is incredible.

#9 Sairou

Sairou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Does it come with the Soundtrack?

#10 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

I bought this when it was $29.99 at Newegg with the pre-order promo code. Now you've all made me depressed. At least I didn't pay shipping or tax.

#11 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

It's not Guardian Heroes though. It's still a fun game on it's own.

It's impossible to discuss CoP without mentioning GH. CoP has been billed as a GH-inspired game since day one and the three-rail system and practically the whole movesets of several of the principal characters are nicked wholesale from GH. No other game since GH really tried to expand upon or research the same unique style of GH except for CoP. Even Advance Guardian Heroes was a different animal in so many ways.

And, in my experience, I really can't call it a fun game. There were funny bits and one portion that was so fun I was excited to see if it duplicated that energy and pace for the rest of the game but I just couldn't find anything to like from there to the end.

GH is incredible.

I don't think it's superlative but I absolutely think everyone should play GH at least once.

And by at least once I mean they should probably get two endings.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#12 KJAZZ

KJAZZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

The reason why is I own a 3DS and have no reason to want an Xbox.

#13 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

I'm one of 6 people who doesn't like GH.

Still kind of interested in this game when it drops lower though.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#14 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

got this game for like 15 bucks at gamestop with the buy 1 get 1 free glitch still have not played it more then an hour
WOOOO I STINK

#15 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

I'm one of 6 people who doesn't like GH.

Still kind of interested in this game when it drops lower though.

Yeah, me neither, when it came out on Sega Saturn. Will still get Code Of Princess, though, when it drops significantly lower.

#16 Bent 00

Bent 00

Show me ya moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hmm, I think I'll sell my copy...