Code of Princess (3DS) - 29.99

This one was a massive, massive disappointment. The music and voice acting are excellent (Especially laudable since the plot is just a complete wash but these jokers make it fun.) and the basic parts of Guardian Heroes are here, but malformed and stapled together into a gruesome frankensteinian golem that has none of the heart or soul of the original. GH without the mayhem or charm just isn't GH.

If you HAVEN'T played Guardian Heroes then you really have no reason to get this game when you can get GH on XBLA for less than half the price.

[quote name='RollingSkull']This one was a massive, massive disappointment. The music and voice acting are excellent (Especially laudable since the plot is just a complete wash but these jokers make it fun.) and the basic parts of Guardian Heroes are here, but malformed and stapled together into a gruesome frankensteinian golem that has none of the heart or soul of the original. GH without the mayhem or charm just isn't GH.

If you HAVEN'T played Guardian Heroes then you really have no reason to get this game when you can get GH on XBLA for less than half the price.[/QUOTE]

It's not Guardian Heroes though. It's still a fun game on it's own.

[quote name='RollingSkull']This one was a massive, massive disappointment. The music and voice acting are excellent (Especially laudable since the plot is just a complete wash but these jokers make it fun.) and the basic parts of Guardian Heroes are here, but malformed and stapled together into a gruesome frankensteinian golem that has none of the heart or soul of the original. GH without the mayhem or charm just isn't GH.

If you HAVEN'T played Guardian Heroes then you really have no reason to get this game when you can get GH on XBLA for less than half the price.[/QUOTE]

GH is incredible.

I bought this when it was $29.99 at Newegg with the pre-order promo code. Now you've all made me depressed. At least I didn't pay shipping or tax.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']It's not Guardian Heroes though. It's still a fun game on it's own.[/QUOTE]
It's impossible to discuss CoP without mentioning GH. CoP has been billed as a GH-inspired game since day one and the three-rail system and practically the whole movesets of several of the principal characters are nicked wholesale from GH. No other game since GH really tried to expand upon or research the same unique style of GH except for CoP. Even Advance Guardian Heroes was a different animal in so many ways.

And, in my experience, I really can't call it a fun game. There were funny bits and one portion that was so fun I was excited to see if it duplicated that energy and pace for the rest of the game but I just couldn't find anything to like from there to the end.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']GH is incredible.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's superlative but I absolutely think everyone should play GH at least once.

And by at least once I mean they should probably get two endings.

The reason why is I own a 3DS and have no reason to want an Xbox.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I'm one of 6 people who doesn't like GH.

Still kind of interested in this game when it drops lower though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me neither, when it came out on Sega Saturn. Will still get Code Of Princess, though, when it drops significantly lower.

bread's done
Back