$1 Skylanders Giant figures at JC Penney

Artemusclyde9

CAGiversary!
Hey so I have a deal for you all.

So I work at JCP and we currently have this weird "button" promotion going on. Basically, there are these buttons with codes on them. You can get them at any store, no purchase necessary and can enter two per day per email address. Enter codes on website, win free stuff. A TON of the buttons are winner, basically 40% of them are AT LEAST a $5 coupon.

Also we sell Skylanders figures at the store (I work in a larger store so for those near small ones may not be able to take advantage). These are now on Clearance for $6 or $7 down from $10 or $12 respectively. You can only use one of the button coupons per transaction, but basically you can use those $5 dollar coupons on the $6 Skylanders and get yourself an awesome deal.

Hope that's helpful. Been a lurker/podcast listener for years and am happy to finally share a deal with you fine folks.

Most of it online and usually is limited to the random dozen DS/Wii games there's a glut of, but during the holidays some of the store carry it as a seasonal item.

[quote name='Artemusclyde9']Most of it online and usually is limited to the random dozen DS/Wii games there's a glut of, but during the holidays some of the store carry it as a seasonal item.[/QUOTE]

There is a JCP right by my brothers best buy where I need to pickup an order tomorrow, I will definitely have to take a looksie. Not sure why I am going seeing how I never even opened most of my sky lander adventure figures, but then again I am a sucker for deals. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Got two buttons. One said that it's already been used, the other got me $5 for the Skylanders stocking stuffer. Thanks for the heads up OP, might use the buttons as stocking stuffers as well.

Got 3 buttons on my last trip to the mall. One was a winner for $10. I'll have to check for the figs next time I stop by. Thanks.

Got 4 today at two separate registers. 3 were not winners, the fourth got me a $10 certificate. I'll get some Skylanders tomorrow.

Got a $10 on my first one. Nothing on the next 8. That first one got me all built up, feeling good about my chances. Will have to try again tomorrow.

So, my wife, in her inifinite desire to show me up, totally got into doing these buttons. I managed to get two $10 certificates across maybe a dozen buttons. Neither of which have been e-mailed to me yet, four days later.

My wife has managed 3 $5 certificates, 3 $10 certificates, and a $50 e-gift card from about 16 buttons. The e-gift card got e-mailed to her immediately.

She's gonna use them to buy practical things... like a normal person.

Man, got $5 with my first button and my next 7 all got nothing. First store I went to only had Drobot. I've already got the series 1 Drobot so I didn't bother getting it. Second store I went to had 1 Whirlwind and a few of the giants. Picked up Whirlwind for $1. Third store I went to had sold out of all of them.

Going to pick up the giants if they stay in stock and I actually win anymore.

My store (southpoint mall, Durham) has the three initial giants (crusher, swarm, bouncer) several of the 3 packs that have chop chop and shroom boom, several of the initial lightcore figures (drobot, prism break, ignitor), and a couple other random figures (chill, whirlwind, and sonic boom are ones that come to mind).

They've been nice enough to remain largely untouched for the past couple days whilst I've been waiting for my certificates to come in.

Gonna try again today!
winner

got 2 10 dollar and 3 5 dollar out of 10 buttons. just waiting for reply emails for the certificates or however this works saw like 10 figures or so at jcp. gonna grab some tomorrow when i get the reply emails. hope it dont take too long.

May be YMMV, but I was able to use 8 $5 coupons on a transaction, but to use a $10 one I had to do a different transaction. Not sure why, but the employee was cool about it. Got some remote controlled helicopters, Skylanders and a nice shirt.

[quote name='burritoman']May be YMMV, but I was able to use 8 $5 coupons on a transaction, but to use a $10 one I had to do a different transaction. Not sure why, but the employee was cool about it. Got some remote controlled helicopters, Skylanders and a nice shirt.[/QUOTE]

Their system will allow Holiday Certificates of the same value to stack, but yeah, it's definitely a YMMV depending on the employee. The official rules do state 1 certificate per transaction.

I've entered about 200 buttons and won (1) $50 eGift Card and about $400 worth of $5 & $10's. It's definitely gotten harder to win as this promotion has gone on. On Black Friday, when it started, my family was getting a win rate of about 75%. Now, we're getting a win rate of about 20%.

I got an email a few days ago saying I won $10, but I still haven't gotten an email with the certificate.

[quote name='Fukurou']I got an email a few days ago saying I won $10, but I still haven't gotten an email with the certificate.[/QUOTE]

You have to click the link (within 48 hours) in that email to claim it. Sadly you've probably waited to long to do so now.

Yeah, the system actually lets them use multiple certificates, but the employees are seriously strict about it. I saw one employee do it, went to cash out at another register a bit later and asked if they could and the woman damn near blew her head off when I mentioned that I had been told (I said at another JCP) that I could. She immediately proceeded to ignore me for like 5 minutes while she called a manager to inform said manager that "I had an employee downstairs use multiple certs in one transaction," even though I kept trying to interrupt her and correct her about what I said. I then made her do six separate transactions to buy all that I was buying and I was sort of happy when my coupons wouldn't scan and she had to enter them all manually. Anyway, as I posted in the other thread on this exact same topic, I've cleaned up from this sale. 29 Skylander single character packs, 6 giants, 1 battle pack (3 pack) and a few other toys and such for my nephews for about $46.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']You have to click the link (within 48 hours) in that email to claim it. Sadly you've probably waited to long to do so now.[/QUOTE]
I did click the link. After that it took me to a page which told me I'd get another email with the certificate.

[quote name='Fukurou']I did click the link. After that it took me to a page which told me I'd get another email with the certificate.[/QUOTE]

Same. Filed out a bunch of info now waiting.

I have gotten a lot of these certificates. I think the way it works is every morning around 7 - 8 am PST the certificates from the previous day are mailed out.

[quote name='Yo Mama']I have gotten a lot of these certificates. I think the way it works is every morning around 7 - 8 am PST the certificates from the previous day are mailed out.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Mine always arrive the next morning. The $5 certs always come first, the $10 certs come in a 2nd wave.

Yesterday was my worst round yet, 16 pins with only one $10 cert. Today I had 15 pins and got two $5 and one $10. Numbers are def going down. Have more and more showing up as already used as well; someone clearly found a way to generate the codes. :cry:

Not that I can really complain, I've bought every single Skylander they sell, plus a couple of doubles. Plus some other toys for my nephews.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I am surprised this thread hasn't been moved to the contest forum.[/QUOTE]

Even without the coupons, $10 for the giants is a deal. $6 for the regular giants figures isn't bad either.

Between the JCP clearance on these combined with the button promo and the assorted Black Friday deals on the original Spyro ones my son is getting both starter sets and about 30 regular size guys and 5 giants sized ones for Xmas.

[quote name='ajh2298']Between the JCP clearance on these combined with the button promo and the assorted Black Friday deals on the original Spyro ones my son is getting both starter sets and about 30 regular size guys and 5 giants sized ones for Xmas.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, my nephew went from getting the Giants Portal Pack, 2 giants and a 3 pack to getting the Portal Pack, 4 giants and 12 characters because of JCP.

[quote name='nny']Even without the coupons, $10 for the giants is a deal. $6 for the regular giants figures isn't bad either.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there was already a thread for that. The title on this thread makes it sound like you can go and buy $1 skylanders.

I got 8 pins today and won one $5 certificate. I filled out the information and am waiting for the second email. I guess I am going back to JCPenney tomorrow to get a Skylander.

I picked up few skylanders giants today
4 triples pack for $4.XX Each after taxes & $10 off coupon
2 Big Giants Free after $10 off coupon
4 Light core $2.XX Each after $5 off Coupon
4 regular giants $1.09 after $5 off coupon

JCP is #1 skylanders giants DEAL EVER! Still have few more $10 & $5 off coupons left ;)

If anyone wants to sell some of the series 2 single packs let me know.

I'll pay $5 plus shipping.

Would prefer to get more then 1 at a time so it saves on shipping costs.
I do have paypal

I need

zook
whirlwind
slam bam
terrafin
ignitor
bash
flameslinger
hex
lightning rod
stealth elf

Please respond here or send me a private message if your interested in making a deal.

I have plenty of extra buttons. Today is the last day to enter them. I think you have til the 31st to spend what you win. Today I won 2 $10 GC.

[quote name='icpmattj']If anyone wants to sell some of the series 2 single packs let me know.

I'll pay $5 plus shipping.

Would prefer to get more then 1 at a time so it saves on shipping costs.
I do have paypal

I need

zook
whirlwind
slam bam
terrafin
ignitor
bash
flameslinger
hex
lightning rod
stealth elf

Please respond here or send me a private message if your interested in making a deal.[/QUOTE]

Since Lightning Rod and Stealth Elf are part of wave 3 that just came out, I seriously doubt they are part of any of the JCPenney clearance shelves. Just FYI. Personally, I didn't see any of the ones you're asking for at my JCP, or I would hook you up.

yeah I forgot those ones just came out. closest jcp to me is 30 miles one way. not worth the trip unless I'm near there and I haven't had any reason to go to that town

12 more figures for FREE :)

4 Big Giants FREE after $10 off coupon
4 Light core Free with 4 Free Chocolate Bar after $10 off coupon
4 Free Normal Figure with 4 Free Big Chocolate Bar after $10 off coupon

Total Saving $120 Plus taxes ;)

bread's done
Back