• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 JohnDM

JohnDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

NOW OVER!

Got notification that Sony Online Entertainment will be holding a Triple Station Cash promotion for one day only on 12/21/12, from 12:01 am to 11:59 pm PDT.
Apparently this was advertised in an email to SOE subscribers, but this is a deal open to everyone.
This seems to be part of the SOE 12 Days of Holidays promotion, but I honestly can't make heads or tails of what the deals actually are, however this deal seems to be the crown jewel.
I am new to the station cash economy my self, but I know this will certainly come in handy for SOE titles including the free-to-play title Planetside 2, which the funds can be used to unlock weapons early and purchase cosmetics (ZEBRA PRINT ALL THE THINGS.)

Posted Image

To make things even sweeter it looks like Walmart offers $15/1,500 Station Cash cards like most retailers do, but their game cards offer a BONUS 500 SC giving you a total of 2,000 SC.
So that's 6,000 SC ($60 worth) for just $15 if you buy the card early and then redeem the card on December 21st, not a moment sooner!
Looks like you have to go in store for this offer and make sure it has a fat BONUS 500 SC label on it, shown below.
The walmart.com eCard unfortunately does not offer the same bonus, so stay away from that.

Posted Image

Walmart.com 1,500 SC card listing

I will likely trudge my way to my local Super Walmart tomorrow to confirm.
Looks like they are using old artwork for the card on the webbsite (RIP Starwars Galaxies) but the promotion still seems valid.

UPDATE 12/14/12: Got my 1,500+500 SC card with no hassle in the PC games section of Walmart. Same graphics on the card and everything.

UPDATE 12/20/12: For those who play Planetside 2, they are also doing a double XP event from 12/21/12 throuh 1/2/13 to make the grinding of certs a little more bearable. It's possible to get up to a 400% XP boost, but that requires a paid subscription and buying boosts. Just wanted to add that tidbit in and of course the triple station cash promotion hits at 12:01 am on the 21st, PST.

UPDATE 12/21/12: Deal is now live! I just submitted my own Walmart SC card and got 6,000 SC as planned. Have fun everybody.

UPDATE 12/21/12: Deal is now over!

Edited by JohnDM, 22 December 2012 - 08:29 AM.
updated

#2 aa.jetta

aa.jetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

And for those that cannot find any of these at WalMart, you can still get the NS-11 Platinum (which I believe costs 700SC in game) with GameStop Planetside 2 branded SOE cards.

#3 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

So glad you posted this. I have the $15 NS-11 gamestop card sitting here waiting for such a deal. I didnt know about the walmart cards, so im gonna pick up 3 and friends are also buying them up for this triple deal.

Thanks so much OP

#4 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

I always like to get these for EQ2 so I may pick up one or two, started PlanetSide 2 as well so that's just another reason for me to buy some. Thanks for the heads up.

659629.png?68329996

#5 razgriz417

razgriz417

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Great find OP, been waiting on the this sale to get SC

#6 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Wish these worked for DCUO PS3.

#7 Tyvan

Tyvan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

For people with no local Walmart..
http://www.reddit.co...ut_access_to_a/

#8 chrollo

chrollo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

i hope these prepaid cards count

#9 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

i hope these prepaid cards count

Did you even look at the OP?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#10 Solid Kilvas

Solid Kilvas

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Nice! Gonna pick up two cards for PlanetSide 2. Picked up two GameStop cards for the vehicle bundle just a week ago. No deal at the time, but I got no regrets.

#11 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Picked up a card at my local walmart, no problem at all :) Thanks for the heads up John!

I'm only level... 9? i think, but i'm enjoying Planetside 2 a lot so far :)

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#12 Cronos

Cronos

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

For people with no local Walmart..
http://www.reddit.co...ut_access_to_a/

Unfortunately that guy was swamped with requests and has no cards left. Which is why I'd like to say here that I am looking for 3 Walmart SOE cards, can use paypal and will give a small tip.

#13 Bierno

Bierno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Was wondering if anyone can help me get walmart card
Willing to spend up to 60$ total too

so 4 cards

live in Canada so never have these awesome deals

#14 Bierno

Bierno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

3x Station Cash is Live!!!

still looking for 5 walmart station cash card

#15 Echelon79

Echelon79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Thought it was supposed to start tommorrow. Today is the 20th.

#16 redline

redline

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Thought it was supposed to start tommorrow. Today is the 20th.

They started a day early for some reason. Triple Station Cash rocks, probably pick some up for PoxNora.

#17 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

got one. card worked $15 card got 6000 SC

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#18 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

You can't buy any of the DC Universe expansions anymore with SC, correct? If all I was interested in was DC Universe and possibly Planetside 2 what will SC buy me? Thanks in advance.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#19 JBaz

JBaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Screw Walmart. Went to three locations that "said" they have them in stock, 2 of them don't even have shelf space for it anymore and the third one does, but its been "stuck" on a truck to be unloaded since Wednesday that they won't get to till tomorrow. Lazy fraks. Atleast when I worked at bestbuy in HS, we had to unload a truck ASAP within a day.
Posted Image

#20 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

You can't buy any of the DC Universe expansions anymore with SC, correct? If all I was interested in was DC Universe and possibly Planetside 2 what will SC buy me? Thanks in advance.

SC is the only way i buy the DLC (we are talking PC version here). Just use the in-game Market. Will be deducted right from your SC wallet. May want to wait for the sales that come around about once a quarter. can be as much as 50% off.

Or... you buy Station cash when its a 3X sale, then buy the dlc when that is on sale for great savings!

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#21 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

No worky for DCUO PS3, right?

#22 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

I'm assuming so would be nice it's a fun game.

#23 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Great deal!

If only there were actually something I wanted the Station Cash for....

Bring back Infantry!!!

#24 BGriffith

BGriffith

Am I saying meow?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

No 1500+500 cards at my Walmart they all suddenly went missing on my visit today so settled for the 1000+200 cards got 4 of them so 3600 sc each card still isn't too bad not quite 6000 for each card though.

#25 EGWill

EGWill

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

Thought I was out of luck, but was able to find the last one at my Wally Wold. Many thanks, OP! I usually find out about the double and triple station cash deals the day after.