Shooting in Conn. School

• Please log in to reply
1178 replies to this topic

#811 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Don't forget that it was also done by a different studio. Not as fun either.

That is why I know Infinite is going to be amazing. If not, I will be a sad panda. I trust Ken Levine to deliver though.

#812 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

That is why I know Infinite is going to be amazing. If not, I will be a sad panda. I trust Ken Levine to deliver though.

Word. I'm actually happy about the delay because they're doing it to ensure a more superior product. I wish they did that with DmC. I'm a slightly depressed panda because of that.:lol:

#813 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Honestly, if I seriously thought that the US government was going to ban all guns and confiscate them, I would be all up in that shit with the gun nuts too, but it is so far from reality that you'd have some sort of paranoia to the extent of being an actual clinical mental health issue.

The perception that it's far from reality is only because it's being fought tooth and nail. The New York SAFE Act that several States have proposed to copy and enhance is a lesser version of what several bills were combined to be. Confiscation was there, if the SAFE Act passed as they wanted it to there would have been confiscation of guns, magazines and anything that fell into the assault weapon status which was basically every semi-auto rifle and shotgun out there.

MA's Governor introduced an Enhanced version of the SAFE Act that is being fought right now, the AWB that Feinstein and McCarthy have been trying to reinstate for 10 years now since 2003 now reads like the enhanced version of the SAFE Act. The Chief of San Diego Police seeks to disarm the population within a generation through gun control. It is very much real and there despite every Lib saying they don't want to take the guns, yet their voting record shows they're gun grabbers during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#814 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hah, how ya like them state's rights now? :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#815 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

The perception that it's far from reality is only because it's being fought tooth and nail. The New York SAFE Act that several States have proposed to copy and enhance is a lesser version of what several bills were combined to be. Confiscation was there, if the SAFE Act passed as they wanted it to there would have been confiscation of guns, magazines and anything that fell into the assault weapon status which was basically every semi-auto rifle and shotgun out there.

This might surprise you, but lots of lieberals are ok with people owning guns and would defend it. And just because there are items in a bill, doesn't mean that they're seriously considered. Someone could've thrown in a rider for killing all kittens, but it doesn't mean it'll make it to the final bill. This is just more slippery slope nonsense.

But hey, if gun owners don't want to abide by the law, they're no longer the law abiding gun owners they project themselves to be.

MA's Governor introduced an Enhanced version of the SAFE Act that is being fought right now, the AWB that Feinstein and McCarthy have been trying to reinstate for 10 years now since 2003 now reads like the enhanced version of the SAFE Act. The Chief of San Diego Police seeks to disarm the population within a generation through gun control. It is very much real and there despite every Lib saying they don't want to take the guns, yet their voting record shows they're gun grabbers during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

WTF are you talking about? I'm going to go all "both sides do it" and say that Reagan, gun manufacturers, AND the NRA had tons to do with the original ban. Not to mention that NY's state senate is controlled by Republicans and that prior to the act, buying a long gun in a vast majority of NY was ridiculously easy. Bring a NY driver's license and walk out with the store. IMO folding stocks suck anyways. If the gun nuts would actually engage in the debate, we would have more sensible regulation instead of banning things akin to ricing out a car. Hell, I would love for suppressors to be legal because I live less than a mile from a range and those damn hicks(I mean that affectionately) can't help but get their gun off at 6 in the morning on Saturdays. Otherwise, NICS checks on ammo and private sales are not bad things and neither are health professionals reporting people that have serious thoughts about going on a rampage. Gun safe provisions are solid as well. The mag capacity thing, I'm lukewarm about.

That said, I'm morbidly curious as to what Katrina has to do with this.

#816 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

This might surprise you, but lots of lieberals are ok with people owning guns and would defend it. And just because there are items in a bill, doesn't mean that they're seriously considered. Someone could've thrown in a rider for killing all kittens, but it doesn't mean it'll make it to the final bill. This is just more slippery slope nonsense.

But hey, if gun owners don't want to abide by the law, they're no longer the law abiding gun owners they project themselves to be.

I'll note your typo, yes, Lieberals. Freudian :)

If those Liberals would pick a side rather than let the media and the politicians determine their stance, the situation would be much better off. As it stands now you have Liberals letting their politicians, their media and everybody else do the speaking for them. But since you're unfamiliar with the SAFE Act, I'll help you along. The sponsoring Senators were sworn in on 1/9/13, the bills were proposed between the 1/9 and 1/11. On Monday 1/14, the Governor circumvented the State law requiring a 3 day staying period on legislation, waving that by "necessity". On 1/14 the State Senate was held until 11:30 at night as they hashed out what ultimately would become the SAFE Act. Assemblymen received their copies of the SAFE ACT shortly after 12, on 1/15 the SAFE Act was voted on and approved by the Democratic Majority and heralded as bipartisan because Senator Dean Skelos crossed party lines as he was the chairman of the committee responsible for sending the bill through in the Senate. It passed 103-47 or something in the Assembly and was signed the same day by the Governor.

The rejected proposals included confiscation of all semi-auto rifles, shotguns and magazines. It also included requiring ammunition coding which would have made all lawful gun owners criminals after 2 years if they possessed uncoded ammunition. On top of that they spread the lies that semi-auto rifles were capable of spray firing and killing large amounts of people because of that.

WTF are you talking about? I'm going to go all "both sides do it" and say that Reagan, gun manufacturers, AND the NRA had tons to do with the original ban. Not to mention that NY's state senate is controlled by Republicans and that prior to the act, buying a long gun in a vast majority of NY was ridiculously easy. Bring a NY driver's license and walk out with the store. IMO folding stocks suck anyways. If the gun nuts would actually engage in the debate, we would have more sensible regulation instead of banning things akin to ricing out a car. Hell, I would love for suppressors to be legal because I live less than a mile from a range and those damn hicks(I mean that affectionately) can't help but get their gun off at 6 in the morning on Saturdays. Otherwise, NICS checks on ammo and private sales are not bad things and neither are health professionals reporting people that have serious thoughts about going on a rampage. Gun safe provisions are solid as well. The mag capacity thing, I'm lukewarm about.

That said, I'm morbidly curious as to what Katrina has to do with this.

There is your lovely misinformation, the New York Senate and Assembly is Democratic controlled, they hold a 2-1 Majority. You still had to undergo a NICS check to purchase a rifle, it wasn't simply walk in and walk out.

Those gun nuts you speak of are engaged in actual debate, look at all the Youtube footage of the SAFE Act, only one Democrat has their video posted and that's Tom Abinanti saying he's fed up with legal gun owners. Every Rep wants mental health reform, every single one of them went on video, posted their videos on youtube. It's all there and it's all transparent.

As for what this has to do with Katrina, the Vitter Amendment was enacted because the Police were disarming lawful LA gun owners, confiscating and destroying their guns. Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Chuck Shumer and Frank Lautenberg all voted against the Vitter Amendment to protect the rights of lawful gun owners in aftermath of Katrina. Lautenberg and Feinstein have been on TV saying they don't want to take guns, their voting record speaks otherwise.
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#817 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

:rofl:

cray-cray.
Posted Image

#818 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

"Dan Brown, Missouri State Senator, Wants Gun Education In First Grade"

This is actually an interesting case of ironic conservative ideals. In theory I am not against teaching kids how to react to finding a gun or that guns are not to be played with. The part I find ironic is he wants it done at school. The same party that does NOT want schools teaching about safe sex, conception and STDs wants to teach 6-7 year old children gun safety. I guess I would make that compromise. We give you gun safety and you gives us sex safety.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2585217.html

#819 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

But if we teach kids about guns, then they'll ENGAGE IN GUN INTERCOURSE

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#820 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

But if we teach kids about guns, then they'll ENGAGE IN GUN INTERCOURSE

I knew this comment was not far behind. Thanks for not disappointing. :lol:

#821 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Honestly, if I seriously thought that the US government was going to ban all guns and confiscate them, I would be all up in that shit with the gun nuts too, but it is so far from reality that you'd have some sort of paranoia to the extent of being an actual clinical mental health issue.

Can I ask you this?

Are you for banning and confiscating "assault" weapons?

Do you realize "assauilt" weapons are a very, very small aspect of the gun "problem"?

What do you propose will happen with pistols when the assault weapons are long gone and the gun "problem" is still there? (Because statistically, it will be)

Do you know most of your side use a slippery slope situation as their model for gun control success?

Telling me you won't ban all guns this time, doesn't make me feel particularly confident you won't be back when someone else dies from a gun shot.

#822 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

In this discussion, I've seen zero willingness to consider *any* form of gun control from those on the right. In many cases, this also comes in the form of the willingness to entertain even any *debate* on the matter. Arguments are met with NRA talking points and slippery slope insanity of the "we need to defeat the government when the war comes" sort.

Rigid, absolute, ideological inflexibility = nut. Not the number or type of firearms you possess.

Tell me what you are suggesting for gun control.

It is pretty funny how it always seems on this board that the opposing ideology is just the worst thing in the world. "If they had their way, the world would be in shambles, and people would be dying in the street, and killing each other. Why do they prefer such chaos when we have such perfect solutions for them? Are they stupid?"

Demonizing is key i guess.

#823 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

We obviously can't start policing everyone, law abiding citizens or not. Guns essentially are not the problem but just an extension of it, people who are using them for malice purposes. What do you guys propose, some sort of gun reform or stricter penalties for people who brake the law? I know the latter has different results depending on state and local laws but something does need to get done.

I in no way want the government to out right ban any type of gun (I don't own any and have shot very few) but I do feel people should have the right to make there own responsible choice. It's just sad to say there are far more idiots than there are people who know right and wrong. Maybe they should just start lobotomizing violent offenders and be done with it. :shock:

#824 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Can I ask you this?

Are you for banning and confiscating "assault" weapons?

Do you realize "assauilt" weapons are a very, very small aspect of the gun "problem"?

What do you propose will happen with pistols when the assault weapons are long gone and the gun "problem" is still there? (Because statistically, it will be)

Do you know most of your side use a slippery slope situation as their model for gun control success?

Telling me you won't ban all guns this time, doesn't make me feel particularly confident you won't be back when someone else dies from a gun shot.

I've already answered these questions without being asked and all you seem to do is strawman me. Look it up.

Hint: You can find it in this thread.

#825 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'm for enforcing existing laws. Too bad the ones calling themselves "responsible gun owners" don't even want that.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#826 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

I've already answered these questions without being asked and all you seem to do is strawman me. Look it up.

Hint: You can find it in this thread.

All I have seen is you making fun of the suggestion that people want to ban guns altogether.

Funny, how you deflect every type of encounter with "that's a strawman brah".

#827 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

All I have seen is you making fun of the suggestion that people want to ban guns altogether.

Funny, how you deflect every type of encounter with "that's a strawman brah".

In other words, you couldn't ass yourself to look. Congrats on proving my point that you're trying to lampoon.

Or maybe I'm giving you too much credit. Do you know how to search for a user's posts in a thread without going through their profile or search function?

edit: Just because it isn't worth a bump...

You can easily see who posted what by clicking on the number under the Replies column on the Vs. Threads page to see a list of who posted. Then, you click on the number next to the user of the posts you want to see and viola.

If a particular someone had bothered and/or known, they'd see that my thoughts on they types of legislation I'd like to see are basically my first 10 posts in this thread, of which I have 50 and are the opposite of what that particular person thinks my views are. Thanks to hit and run tactics, I'm now reminded of why I shouldn't be responding to trolls. So thanks for the reminder, knoell!

Edited by dohdough, 01 February 2013 - 02:10 AM.

#828 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Tell me what you are suggesting for gun control.

It is pretty funny how it always seems on this board that the opposing ideology is just the worst thing in the world. "If they had their way, the world would be in shambles, and people would be dying in the street, and killing each other. Why do they prefer such chaos when we have such perfect solutions for them? Are they stupid?"

Demonizing is key i guess.

For starters:

Renewing the assault weapons ban. Much more interested in seeing magazine capacity shrink than particular firearms halt sale/production, though.

Eliminate the "gun show" loophole - yes, even private sales should be documented. We do it with automobiles, yes?

Provide states with funds for gun buyback programs. Seems absurd, but they do have an impact.

Allow all states to implement CCW licenses, allow reciprocity between states.

I'll think of other ideas later. Have a magnificent headache right now.
Posted Image

#829 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

His first 2-3 minutes were well done. After that I started to tune him out really. The thing I disagree with his notion that "societal decay" as the reason for so many more mass shootings. What does that even mean? That seem like conservative double speak you get from Glen Beck and his ilk who think life was so much grander in the 40s and 50s.

I don't know, and you may want to track him down and ask him, but his idea of societal decay may be different from Glen Beck's definition seeing as how he's an immigrant. I don't know when Ong got here, but I doubt he's reminiscing fondly of 1950s America with rose colored glasses. Also, believing that societal decay is happening does not necessarily mean you believe that the past was good in all aspects.

#830 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

Well I guess even background checks are off limits to some Senators. Even with most polling putting background checks (even at gun shows) around 85-90% in favor of the practice some are saying it could infringe on our "liberty". Orrin Hatch from Utah thinks just that.

"But for Hatch (R-Utah), even that is a move toward tyranny.

"That's the way reductions in liberty occur," Hatch told reporters outside the Senate chamber. "When you start saying people all have to sign up for something, and they have a database where they know exactly who's who, and where government can persecute people because of the database, that alarms a lot of people in our country, and it flies in the face of liberty."

Hatch argued that the current system of background checks -- which excludes some 40 percent of gun transactions -- should be refined before Congress expands that system.

"We do have a check system, and it has worked whenever they really implement it," Hatch said. "I hesitate to go beyond that. Let's implement what we already have.""

http://www.huffingto..._n_2593761.html

I would like to point out that part in bold could be said about the census...which is in the Constitution.

#831 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Oh, you missed our argument about the census? Yeah, "some" people don't like that either, for similar reasons.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#832 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

I think it was the President of the NRA earlier who said that he was against even mere background checks for private exchanges because it was too much effort. Like a gun should be so easy to trade.

As for a gun registry that would allow the government to trace better, he said that they'd know exactly where to go when they decided to take everyone's guns away, outright or through forced buybacks. That was after someone mentioned the car registry.

He's fighting a stupid battle now instead of a reasonable battle later.

#833 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

AR-15 looking pellet gun, that's great.

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B0062B4PQQ

#834 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

For starters:

Renewing the assault weapons ban. Much more interested in seeing magazine capacity shrink than particular firearms halt sale/production, though.

Eliminate the "gun show" loophole - yes, even private sales should be documented. We do it with automobiles, yes?

Provide states with funds for gun buyback programs. Seems absurd, but they do have an impact.

Allow all states to implement CCW licenses, allow reciprocity between states.

I'll think of other ideas later. Have a magnificent headache right now.

Ok so now provide me with something that backs up these knee jerk reactions to a tragic school shooting.

Show me assault weapons are part of the problem you are claiming, and that there has been increased gun violence since the ban has been lifted. Same with the mags.

Show me the "gun show loophole" is part of the problem you are claiming.

Gun buyback programs doing something is debatable.

Nearly every state has CCW permits, not sure what you want here?

Now tell me, once you do away with assault weapons (you know the big scary black guns), and nearly the same amount of people die from guns next year, what are your ideas going to be? Or did you get your whale(assault weapons) and are done being up in arms, even though you have achieved very little in your supposed goal of stopping the "excessive" violence.

#835 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Before going there (sorry, halfway out the door this AM), I'll ask you the same thing - what, if any, policy changes would you like to see?

(also of note: I'm not concerned solely about mass shootings. I've made that *perfectly* clear on a number of occasions here. Follow along.)
Posted Image

#836 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Ok so now provide me with something that backs up these knee jerk reactions to a tragic school shooting.

Show me assault weapons are part of the problem you are claiming, and that there has been increased gun violence since the ban has been lifted. Same with the mags.

Show me the "gun show loophole" is part of the problem you are claiming.

Gun buyback programs doing something is debatable.

Nearly every state has CCW permits, not sure what you want here?

Now tell me, once you do away with assault weapons (you know the big scary black guns), and nearly the same amount of people die from guns next year, what are your ideas going to be? Or did you get your whale(assault weapons) and are done being up in arms, even though you have achieved very little in your supposed goal of stopping the "excessive" violence.

Your problem is you want numbers and reality from the people who use emotion and lies as their motivators. Because while Sandy Hook and incidents like it account for less than a percentage of all murders in the US, every law abiding gun owner must suffer for it. Ban everything. Never mind more than half killed by guns each year are due to suicides that don't involve "assault weapons". Mental health is clearly not an issue when it comes to gun violence, not when accidental discharges are labeled in the media as gun violence.

It's a machine and you can't put it in reverse. They only see the problem from as far as they can distance themselves from it.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#837 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

people who use emotion and lies

Ban everything.

;)
Posted Image

#838 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

"Most crimes involving firearms are committed with non-assult type firearms"

"Oh, well then I guess we should look into banning those instead, thanks for the info."

"Nononononononononono"

#839 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

;)

You sir are the master of context. Now tell me where "six rounds per second" got started in the media from and how it got introduced 2 mass shootings later than the shooting it referenced?

Referal for Dusk 514:

#840 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

double post